Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cats Hunt Roaches

by Charity Posted 19th Mar 2014 at 6:49 PM - Updated 25th Nov 2023 at 4:21 PM by Charity

66 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Inventor
THANKS POST
#26 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 5:59 AM
Awesome mod, gives me more of a reason to have cats in my game! Thanks :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 11:23 PM
It's one of those mods you wouldn't think you need until you see it. I love it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 11:55 AM
Thnak you! :) I'm not used to add custom content except clothes and hair, but this one looks too cute to let it go. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 2:32 PM
Love this, my rl cat seems to love to chase (and occasionally eating) bugs. Maybe now I'll attempt to create her in the game (that will be a challenge lol) after installing this mod. Thanks awesome mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 5:31 PM
Your download description was the best. RIP Kirby... lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:18 PM
Awesome! I missed the mice that were in The Sims Unleashed - and being able to teach kitties to hunt. It's too bad Maxis didn't include a mouse equivalent to the cockroaches, but I suppose cats eat bugs too. Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 9:59 PM
Wonderful idea! It definitely enhances the gameplay. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#33 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 11:10 PM
What a great idea, and impressive that you managed to make it! Good job, and thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 8:29 PM
Though owning the Pets EP, I've never been quite thrilled with it. It lacks the pet action they had in S1. So, a resounding THANK YOU for this nifty mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 1:50 AM
Many thanks for the blood, sweat, and tears that went into this useful hack. ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 11:46 AM
i love it i been waiting for this for 3 years and thx you for posting it to mod the sims and i dont like the Roaches but now i can get my pet to kill the Roaches
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 1:35 PM Last edited by Charity : 21st Apr 2014 at 2:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by klk01
Would love to have this for dogs as well, My dog chases and eats bugs, so that would be cool if you'd do a dogs one as well. But I love this.

Non finicky dogs can eat the dead roaches. My RL dog eats bugs if she can get them too (cicadas are an especial delicacy). She doesn't tend to stalk prey like a cat does though; she's an opportunist. So, dogs can take advantage of the roaches once they're dead to chow down on.

Quote: Originally posted by mauverly
Now if you can just add the toddlers interaction...

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=100169

I like the toddlers' ability to use pet beds and bowls, but roaches are a little more, um, gross lol. I just realised that they can chase fireflies/butterflies, so I'll leave that as the extent of their bug interactions. XD

Quote: Originally posted by stinkllama
do you have plans for any other pet mods?

I am thinking about it. XD

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I'm glad that people are finding this useful! It just beat out all my other uploads for most downloads.
THANKS POST
#38 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 9:03 PM
Awesome!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 4:25 AM
This is absolutely awesome. My cats are great cockroach and cricket hunters, so this mod totally makes sense! Great job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 3:40 PM
Thank you so much! This is really a great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 21st Apr 2014 at 4:56 PM
The most realistic mod I've ever seen. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 4th May 2014 at 12:11 PM
Wonderful Mod... much needed in the game. Thanks so much
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#43 Old 13th May 2014 at 8:43 PM
Great idea. Thanks so much.
Do kittens also hunt?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th May 2014 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Great idea. Thanks so much. Do kittens also hunt?

No. I figured that kittenhood would be when they learned to hunt by watching the parents (and sadly my modding skills are not up to doing a 'teach' interaction, because that would be cool). Also, kittens can't play with the catnip mouse, which is what I took the animations from, so they don't have the animations. Both adults and elders can hunt, though.
Alchemist
#45 Old 14th May 2014 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No. I figured that kittenhood would be when they learned to hunt by watching the parents (and sadly my modding skills are not up to doing a 'teach' interaction, because that would be cool). Also, kittens can't play with the catnip mouse, which is what I took the animations from, so they don't have the animations. Both adults and elders can hunt, though.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.
Alchemist
#46 Old 15th May 2014 at 12:53 AM
Default In Living Colour!
Here's that wonderful mod in action. Hope the video posts properly.
View My Video
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 15th May 2014 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Here's that wonderful mod in action. Hope the video posts properly.
View My Video

Cute cat!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 2:56 PM
great job! ;D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#49 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:38 PM
Man I have not been on this site in a long time. To come back to this is amazing. Especially since my Romance sim has ticked off every man and woman in his town and his trash is constantly knocked over. I love watching roaches, but hate what they do to my sim. Well at least now I can have fun watching the roaches and the cat. My Sim can go cry and think about his actions that caused this.
Test Subject
#50 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 2:33 AM
I'll defiantly be using this now.
I just feel like pointing this out though; even though most believe Roaches are extremely filthy, you'd be wrong. Roaches actually can't even get sick, they produce a bacteria that kills of anything bad, so they're always clean!
I learned about it last year, I was at a 'Bug Zoo' (I love bugs :lovestruc ) and they had a little cage set up like a house with Roaches in it. I even held one 'cause they're pretty fascinating creatures.
Hope you don't mind be saying random stuff that you probably don't even care about.
Page 2 of 3