Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 5:40 AM
Default Curtain editing - BHAV/BCON?
Found some curtains in my downloads folder that clearly were cloned from a wall hanging and not a curtain, so when placed without Moveobjects, they fail placement with a red grid (like a picture would do).

Is there a way to edit these objects to behave like curtains without having to reclone them? Having taken a look at some other curtains, it seems they don't have BHAVs (which is the resource I'm a bit more familiar with), but they do have BCONs (which I don't think I've ever edited).

Can I just copy the info in the BCON from another curtain, and in theory that would work?
Do I also need to remove the BHAVs (or anything else)?

I'm not worried about diagonals, I really just want them to not clash with windows (I use MOO a lot, but curtains don't have the annoying effect of messing with the wall cutout if you accidentally pick up the window and place it down again).

I hope someone can help me with this
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 5:42 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 6:07 PM
I didn't even think of that. I'll give it a test. Thanks
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 7:26 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Feb 2024 at 8:44 PM.
I'll test it. Also trying to switch out the tuning (no idea if that's going to do anything?) since all the curtains I currently have in my game have the exact same text there.

EDIT: It worked (copied the BCON/tuning and OBJFs to match the other curtains, changed GLOB to curtain, deleted the old BHAVs, and also set the "keep buying" in OBJD/RAW to "keep buying/true" because it can turn out to be useful - just leaving it here in case I need to remember it for some other time).

They now work alongside windows, and are even shiftable

Thanks for the tips
Inventor
#7 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 1:45 AM
BCONs only do something if they are called from a BHAV. If an object fails to be overlapped as expected, it doesn't have appropriate flags for object intersection, wall placement, placement and exclusive placement, which are usually set in the init. If you assign a different globals, and the init is in the 2xxx range, it will be taken from the newly assigned group. Sometimes there is a "Function - Allow Intersection" that allows two objects to overlap under custom conditions. If the old init was private in 1xxx range, then it couldn't be deleted.