Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 8:07 PM Last edited by saavaanaa_xo : 16th Dec 2016 at 7:25 PM.
Default Sims 3 Generations Challenge
Sims 3 Generations Challenge
Hello, there's a possibility that I've uploaded this challenge before under a different name, I just can't seem to remember if it was just sitting in my computer for a while, unposted OR if I previously posted it. If I have, I cannot find it so I am reposting it. I edited it a little bit to fix some issues in my original.

Hiya, People! I don't think there is any other challenge like this out there, but if there is, please tell me who created a similar challenge, and I'll give them credit.

SOME THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
There are 6 game difficulties in this challenge; Easy, Medium, Hard, Intermediate, Professional & Impossible.

Easy: Grow your family to 10 generations. (Alright, I mean. It's difficult, but compared to hard it's pretty flippin' easy.)

Medium: Grow your family to 20 generations. (Yeah, getting harder for sure. But not quite s hard as it's gonna get.)

Hard: Grow your family to 30 generations. (Okay, yeah. You'd be lucky if you made it this far. You're probably sick of toddlers by now.)

Intermediate: Grow your family to 40 generations. (Okay. Yup. Hard as crap now. If you aren't sick of toddlers by now, then you truly have patience.)

Professional: Grow your family to 50 generations. (OKAY. WOAH. THAT'S PUSHING IT. NONONO. NOT GONNA MAKE IT THIS FAR WITHOUT BEING SICK OF CRYING BABIES.)

Impossible: Grow your family to 60 generations. (AHAHAH. YOU'LL NEVER MAKE IT TO 60 GENERATIONS. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.)

HOW TO COMPLETE ONE GENERATION:
You must have the heirs of the generation. They must have 6 children by the time they die. Lifespan must be on long. No rush.

For the next generation:
Pick the youngest child (as long as he/she is a Young Adult) and use them and their lover as the heir of the next generation.

(DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE? PROBABLY NOT YET?)

Onto the challenge...
B)They must have different eye,hair & skin colours
C) Wife: Must have the Family Oriented trait (. ( And DisAnd Nurturing trait if you have Generations) & the Surrounded By Family Lifetime Wish
D) Husband: Must have the Family Oriented, and Workaholic traitsciplined trait if you have World Adventures) He can have any Lifetime Wish

2. Create the house.
A) You must have an *empty* 30x40 lot to begin with.
B) You can set your simoleons to 45,000 using the familyfunds cheat.
C) The house must include; A kitchen, A family area, 3 bathrooms, A study, The parents bedroom, A girls bedroom, A boys bedroom, & A nursery. If you decide to make an outdoor area, it must have an outdoor activity, a pool, a barbecue & a seating area.
D) You can also spend 1000 simoleons on a garden if you would like.

3. Your simoleons must be automatically set to 1000 before you can begin gameplay.

You must use this house through every generation. Once the next heir is ready to resume, move the others to another house.

Rules:
1. You must play on the long lifespan.
2. You may not age up anyone until it is their birthday. You must throw a party for their birthdays.
3. No cheats (except the allowed money cheats in the beginning) or else you fail.
4. You must have at least 6 children per generation, if you are able to have more than eight in a household, and you want more children, then go for it.
5. Feritility treatment is NOT allowed.
6. If your child/teenager skips school ONCE, they may not go out of the house until they age up to the next age stage. (No exceptions.)
7. Once your sim becomes a teen, you must find a lover for them beofre they reach the young adult stage.
8. Father must have a full time job.
9. Teens can get a part time job.
10. Mother may not get a job of any kind. (From-Home careers are acceptable.) She may make money from skill objects. ie. Painting, Gardening, Photography, Fishing.
11. You must host a funeral for every sim of the family that passes away.
12. You must pay the bills the day you receive them, or you lose 100 simoleons every day until they're paid.
13. If you get a social worker, school, or bill warning, you lose 500 simoleons.
14. If your child/teen gets on the honnor roll, they can get a present from both Mom and Dad.
15. Once your child/teen gets on the honnor roll, they can get privelegs such as; throwing sleepover parties, hanging out with friends after school. But until that child/teen gets on the honnor roll, they can not do any of those mentioned.
16. When your child ages up to a teen, the parents must purchase them a pet to teach them responsibility. (If you have pets ep, you can get any pet, but if not you can get them a fish)
17. Funerals for pets are also necesary. (If you have pets ep.)
18. You must have a blog to log your progress (Or a youtueb series), but the link must be put in the comments so I can keep an eye on you.
19. In your blog/ youtube series you MUST give me FULL credit for this challenge idea and link my youtueb channel 'Savana Rose Kenny'
________________________________________________________________________THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! IF YOU WOULD LIKE A SIMS 4 VERSION LEMME KNOW, AND I CAN ADAPT THE RULES FOR THAT! I SAT AT MY COMPUTER DESK FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS MAKING THIS CHALLENGE AND I'M HONESTLY SO PROUD. PLEASE TAG YOUR VIDEO/BLOG 'The Sims 3: Generations Challenge' AND GIVE ME CREDIT. MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Savana Rose Kenny

THANKS FOR READING AND PARTICIPATING.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 2:27 AM
this was meant for me to find!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 2:33 AM
Ok so I started this challenge, or at least set it up for a week, and I've just gotten into it! I'll tell you about it as soon as I read the rules to your version of the legacy/generations challenge! Also I'll go for 20-40 generations at most, hopefully I can complete that
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 3:24 AM
So my founders are Kathleen and Rashad Parnell. Kathleen is currently pregnant with her first child, she'll be giving birth soon. Kathleen's traits are: Clumsy, Family-oriented, Handy, Natural Cook, and Neat. Rashad's traits are: Good Sense of Humor, Family-Oriented, Hopeless Romantic, Artistic, and Easily Impressed(The only reason I didn't give him the workaholic trait is because I rather him be home working on books paintings and Alchemy). Kathleen has Purple skin with pink hair(yes, I'm putting perfect genectics into this, but without needing a perfect heir, I'll chose the youngest like I always do), as Rashad has emerald green skin and baby blue hair.

That's all I have for now, I'll update this when something interesting happens.
Also, I tried to upload photos of the sims but the upload keeps failing. I'll post the photos of the(future) children as they grow up(as in taking screenshots of them until I fix this problem).
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 12:12 AM
Will try
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 1:01 PM
Hey, that sounds cool! I don't know how to post anything here, since I'm new, but I really want to ask a question. Not so long ago, I saw this post, about what I'm pretty sure was a legacy challenge. Each generation had a story. The first generation was perfect, and then the daughter tried to make the second generation perfect, but she fucked up, and the next daughter didn't want a husband, and raised kids on her own, and then the next daughter had an alright family, but then one of her kids died etc. I think it went like that, but with more details and more generations, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, and it frustrates me a bit. I just wanted to ask, if anyone has seen it, and knows where it is? I really wanna try it
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SorineTheTurtle
Hey, that sounds cool! I don't know how to post anything here, since I'm new, but I really want to ask a question. Not so long ago, I saw this post, about what I'm pretty sure was a legacy challenge. Each generation had a story. The first generation was perfect, and then the daughter tried to make the second generation perfect, but she fucked up, and the next daughter didn't want a husband, and raised kids on her own, and then the next daughter had an alright family, but then one of her kids died etc. I think it went like that, but with more details and more generations, but I can't seem to find it anywhere, and it frustrates me a bit. I just wanted to ask, if anyone has seen it, and knows where it is? I really wanna try it

That's hilarious, how did she fuck up XD but anyways, hey welcome, and no I don't know where it is...
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:53 PM
Hi! Quick question : does the new generation start when the parents die or when the youngest child becomes Ã* young adult? If it's the latter, do we get rid of the parents as well ? Thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 10:32 AM
I'm gonna go for the impossible difficulty!
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 6:56 PM
I will do the impossible difficulty!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 5:05 AM
I quit the challenge because I got distracted from the main point of the challenge, I might try it again, but maybe after I complete at least 1 challenge.
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 9:35 AM
http://sims3adamsfamily.blogspot.co...llenge.html?m=1

I decided to do a blog and update at the end of every session....also i had a question...a lover for every teen or just the heir?
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 3:36 PM
ill do it but you'll have to go to my tumblr account
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 8:37 PM
I think I'll do this with the adoption challenge(where every gen you adopt 1 more child) so with my first gen I have a lesbian couple that adopted a baby girl, then when she was a child, they adopted a baby boy. Their names were Merideth and Samuel.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd May 2017 at 5:25 PM
Ok so I am doing this on yt is it alright if I slightly adapt the rules? lol, I'm so lazy I can't do that so ya know. if I remember ill link ur channel and ill link meh vid here if I remember
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th May 2017 at 1:27 AM
I'm doing a 100 generation challenge, even though I'm only on gen 2 It isn't hard so far.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:11 PM
Ooh, this is very interesting! I might start this challenge soon
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flowr
Ooh, this is very interesting! I might start this challenge soon

Great! I love seeing new faces(even if I'm not the author)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 12:39 AM
Made it to gen 10/60! <3
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 9:01 PM
Trying this with my new family:

I did start with but their save file seems to be corrupted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoveViolet
Ok so I started this challenge, or at least set it up for a week, and I've just gotten into it! I'll tell you about it as soon as I read the rules to your version of the legacy/generations challenge! Also I'll go for 20-40 generations at most, hopefully I can complete that

yay! so glad youre starting my challenge! I was 11 when I first created this so if some things don't make sense, that's why. I haven't been on here in quite some time, are you still doing this?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ocalaric
Ok so I am doing this on yt is it alright if I slightly adapt the rules? lol, I'm so lazy I can't do that so ya know. if I remember ill link ur channel and ill link meh vid here if I remember

hi! okay, thank you! whats your channel so I can watch your playthrough?