Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:00 PM
Default Individual shelf system
Hi everyone!

I've tried do make a individual shelf system. So you can put a this dresser on a another dresser.
I take a endtable to clone and import the painting globals. I did something at the function init. Now it's possible to put the table I've cloned on the same table. That's what I want but there should be the functions of a dresser (not to open doors, just for dressing). And that's the point where my hacking skills give up.
I have imported some bhav's, pie menu function, pie menu strings and text lists for the dresser. I thought, those were right. I've 'corrected' the linking of them. But a choose menu don't appears.
It's the best way to attach the package (in rar), I thought. So I hope someone could have a look at it, please?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  teko_tab_dr_basicdresser.rar (58.3 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:27 PM
In the Object Data, you have to specify the Instance number of the Pie Menu Function file. In this case, the Instance is 0x00000002: you have to write this value in the Object Data, "Raw Data" tab, field 0x0007 (it should be the 0x0007... I hope to remember well )

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:18 AM
Thank you Numenor for you help. I've corrected that(I hope, you mean the 0x0007 Interaction Table ID) but it doesn't still work. When I go with the cursor over the table, it says me that no action is available.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:43 AM
I've checked: the right field is the 0x0007 (Interaction Table ID), so I remembered right...
The menu entries of the dressers are quite strange, since the text is not taken from the Pie Menu Strings, but it's created "on the fly" by the test BHAVs, reading from the Text List 0x012E... Quite strange objects, those dressers.

Another suggestion I can give is to change the Global Data to "ShoppingRackGlobals" (so that the object will use all the standard functions of the dresser, instead of the one for the end tables).

I don't know if this will fix your problem. Anyway, here is a general suggestion about creating new objects: try cloning an object the most similar possible to the one you want to create. In this case, you should clone a dresser. I know: this solves some problems and creates other ones: for instance, the fact that all the Maxis dressers are 2-tile wide.

Another good way to act is examining existing user-created objects similar to yours (for instance, the Single-tile dressers created by Merola64).
In this case, keep in mind that you can always examine other users' objects, but you can't clone them, nor extract part of them, unless explicitly authorized.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:21 AM
I've cloned earlier a dresser to compare. But there where a few functions, they don't make a sense for me. That means, no 'Change Into' etc. entries in die Pie Menu Functions and Strings. So I took the 1tiledresser from Shaklin to compare.
I can try to change the TableGlobals into the ShoppingRackGlobals. I think there would be some new problems with the function of the table. Is a table only described in the Object Functions? Or something in the init at the bhav?
By the way, when I change the Pie Menu Stings, it also change the Pie Menu Function (only Names). I hope, you mean this.
I'm now on a little holidaytrip. I can at the earliest reply on sunday. :hmm:

Minisite

TSR Workshop
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 7:30 PM
So, I'm back. I've changed the TableGlobals into the ShoppingRackGlobals. But it doesn't solve the problem, there are now problems with the 'be a table'. The object only permit to put the own object on it, no other decoration. The menu doesn't always still appears. I'm helpless.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
The ModFather
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Aug 2005 at 11:14 PM
As I said, the Pie Menu for the dresser are quite unique: they aren't contained in the "Pie Menu Strings" like any other object. The only way I know to let them show up is to clone a dresser, because only a clone of a dresser will contain the needed BHAVs to correctly manage the menu options.

But you're right: cloning a dresser will make you lose the "table" functions. Unfortunately, it's not always possible to "merge" the functions of two objects. At least, you need to heavily edit the package structure and the BHAV functions, in order to do this "merging". I suggested you to look at Merola's dressers because they act as endtables *and* they have all the dressers functions; but my knowledge isn't so deep about this subject, so I hope that someone more expert than me will answer your question in a more satisfactory way...