Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#201 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 7:08 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 29th Jun 2019 at 11:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Speak for yourself!

Lol, but really rabbit holes always existed and will exist. Take careers for instance (since they have the behavior of one). When you cannot open it up, it's best to leave a rabbit hole. Of course, If they're mediocore than nothing is gonna come out of it (figurative and not pun intended; uninteresting I meant to say it).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#202 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 11:03 PM
I wouldn't want everything to be rabbithole based obviously, but that's exactly what I'm getting at with the career rabbitholes at least. Going through the monotony of daily working life for every sim every day wouldn't be fun, so rabbitholes in that instance are fine to me. Forces you to use your imagination as to what they are doing. I loved TS2 chance cards just for that reason.

Even with active careers, same thing. It's not something you want for every situation, but it's a nice option to have. But I'd obviously prefer Ambitions-style than GTW.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#203 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 12:38 AM
I think all careers should have some kind of interactive element to them, while also being rabbit holes.

That’s asking for too much, though. I know their limits.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#204 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I think all careers should have some kind of interactive element to them, while also being rabbit holes.

That’s asking for too much, though. I know their limits.

Chance cards? Or maybe an occasional field task (like Police investigations) that takes them to a random lot?

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Well, how they made the ocean is an interesting question. I would think they made a sea box and plopped everything else into it. The box then needs a surface or several, with textures, transparency etc etc.

The islands are then made and plopped into the seabox. Then they have to work hard to make it blend together nicely.

This is my little something I guess. I do agree though, the ocean is an object just like everything rlse. Someone has to make it.

I would say a rough layout is figured out, and then terrain comes first as it's essentially sculpted like TS3. The lot layout and ocean objects are then added, and finally the world gets progressively painted and populated with objects as they're made by the modelling team (and whatever outside studio which they've outsourced to), generally going from largest objects to the smallest ones.

Personally, I don't know how they managed to make the water a mess to create- wasn't the basic engine based off of TS3's?
Scholar
#205 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 9:31 AM
Yo I got a question. Are the beaches in the other worlds like Brindleton swimmable or just the ones in the new world?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
dodgy builder
#206 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Chance cards? Or maybe an occasional field task (like Police investigations) that takes them to a random lot?

I would say a rough layout is figured out, and then terrain comes first as it's essentially sculpted like TS3. The lot layout and ocean objects are then added, and finally the world gets progressively painted and populated with objects as they're made by the modelling team (and whatever outside studio which they've outsourced to), generally going from largest objects to the smallest ones.

Personally, I don't know how they managed to make the water a mess to create- wasn't the basic engine based off of TS3's?

So you think the water is just a surface and has no bottom or sides?

Wouldn't you think islands needs sculpting and water is basically just flat with displacement or just bump probably.

Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Yo I got a question. Are the beaches in the other worlds like Brindleton swimmable or just the ones in the new world?

To Be Continued :p
Scholar
#207 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
I did. They came in anyway. And then wouldn’t leave. Perhaps it’s bugged but it’s annoying.

Oh, good, it's not just me. I have to MC Command Centre force them to leave. Using the base game socials does nothing. They sleep in my beds, they eat my food, they take out my trash.... And they WON'T LEAVE!
Mad Poster
#208 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12

Only in Sulani.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#209 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 6:09 PM
My first impression is, they can't make all the good Expansion/Game packs at first and then the bad ones, because the enthusiasm and sales would fall off.
Now My sim is gonna go pick up beach trash, because I guess that's fun.

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#210 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 7:18 PM
It gets worse.

So not only does this pack suffer from the worst gameplay, it also is amongst the worst for CAS + Build mode items on offer. Big surprise Vampires remains God-Tier both for gameplay AND build mode objects, including better items-to-money-spent ratio than Island Living despite being a Game Pack.

For me it seems like this is easily the worst expansion pack of all time within the Sims franchise, which is impressive, because I thought City Living and Cats and Dogs were bad...

Oh and spoilers: Stuff packs remain a blatant rip-off and aren't ever worth the price.
Mad Poster
#211 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 10:04 PM
Wait a minute, Cats & Dogs has A+ build and buy...

Mad Poster
#212 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 2:47 AM

Has anyone else experienced sims leaving footprints indoors? Cuz that's been happening a lot now XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#213 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Has anyone else experienced sims leaving footprints indoors? Cuz that's been happening a lot now XD

These bugs just get funnier lol
Mad Poster
#214 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 3:55 AM
Stilted foundations don’t have roofs, footprints indoor, next you’ll tell me that oceans are just pools.

Lab Assistant
#215 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I said the same thing about Get Together - a game with one core feature (a non vital one at that), a pretty world, and lots of superficial content - and was looked at sideways.

Controversial opinion, I really liked Get Together, I use the map and club system all the time. I really enjoyed seeing streamers abuse the club system in their videos.

That said, I don't see any reason why I'd ever buy Island Living. I'm not interested in the vacation packs, and mermaids aren't my thing. All the reviews I'm reading say it lacks any real gameplay, and I haven't enjoyed watching streamers play it.
Page 9 of 9