Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 4:23 AM
Default Reflective Meshes?
Working on a new bedroom mesh for sims 4 and it looks good in Sims 4 Studio but in game its reflective. Im not sure where i went wrong i traced my steps back and dont see where i missed anything. But im new to using blender, so it could be something i missed in the settings. I created the meshes in wings3d and exported and imported into blender. Maybe thats my big issue. Im not sure. Help would be great :D
Screenshots

We don't stop playing because we grow old, We grow old because we stop playing.
Author Unknown
Advertisement
Icy Spicy
#2 Old 1st May 2017 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pacin
Working on a new bedroom mesh for sims 4 and it looks good in Sims 4 Studio but in game its reflective. Im not sure where i went wrong i traced my steps back and dont see where i missed anything. But im new to using blender, so it could be something i missed in the settings. I created the meshes in wings3d and exported and imported into blender. Maybe thats my big issue. Im not sure. Help would be great :D

Looks like a specular issue. Replacing the specular with a blank (black alpha ) specular should remove the shiny parts
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st May 2017 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Looks like a specular issue. Replacing the specular with a blank (black alpha ) specular should remove the shiny parts

Tried that..It helped some but not all. Still a few shinny spots on it. And now if you look at the pic..the table looks fairly "squared" while the bed frame and dresser look a bit rounded. "sigh"
Screenshots

Author Unknown
Icy Spicy
#4 Old 1st May 2017 at 2:30 AM Last edited by icemunmun : 1st May 2017 at 9:01 AM.
Tried that..It helped some but not all. Still a few shinny spots on it. And now if you look at the pic..the table looks fairly "squared" while the bed frame and dresser look a bit rounded. "sigh"

Did you remove doubles in blender ? that may give rise to some mesh issues. You can always try edge split if you do not like the rounded edges
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2017 at 12:07 PM
I did remove the doubles, and i did the edges like you suggested. but they still have that rounded look. I use auto smooth in wings 3d set to 45 degree angle which is what i've used way back in sims 2 meshing. i guess its just a blender thing i dont understand. So im gonna put it on the shelf and play with blender a bit and see what i can figure out.

Author Unknown
Icy Spicy
#6 Old 1st May 2017 at 2:53 PM
I did remove the doubles, and i did the edges like you suggested. but they still have that rounded look. I use auto smooth in wings 3d set to 45 degree angle which is what i've used way back in sims 2 meshing. i guess its just a blender thing i dont understand. So im gonna put it on the shelf and play with blender a bit and see what i can figure out.

If you apply edge split and then remove doubles all the edges will be lost. Remove doubles makes the meshes rounded and gives them weird shadows. So if you want edges you only need to do edge split and then adjust the angle to get the correct edges. I dont know about auto smoothening on wings 3d..is it like subdivision surface ( which smothens the mesh by increasing the polygons) ?