Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:05 PM
Zerbu's Mod functionality status
How many of Zerbu's mods are still fuctional and do they need to be unzipped or are they all script mods? I have Get to Work, City Living and Dine Out. Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 1:40 AM
I used Zerbu's school mod yesterday and it worked fine.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 9:53 AM
Just bear in mind that Zerbu's real life can be a bit complicated and there are periods of time - some long times - where he can't update. So don't let your game depend on any of his mods, just use ones you won't mind getting rid of later if they get out of date.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 10:23 AM
While the school mod does "work", I wouldn't consider it safe to use, much of the code has changed a lot in the last 12 months, with big changes like Parenthood, and C&Ds.

I do miss the School Mod, but myself wouldn't put an old inactive school mod in with this current patch level.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
While the school mod does "work", I wouldn't consider it safe to use, much of the code has changed a lot in the last 12 months, with big changes like Parenthood, and C&Ds.

I do miss the School Mod, but myself wouldn't put an old inactive school mod in with this current patch level.

I miss it now too. Since the latest patch, the mod has worked for school itself, but my grim reaper became one of the Townies named Okada Something. he came dressed in jeans and t-shirt and cat ears. I then started to notice that random townies were floating around town on reaper smoke. Not sure if the school mod was the problem but I took it out of my game and I also removed the custom career mods since the patch made those unworkable. My whole 4 generation game was still not working correctly, even when I went to a previous save, so I had to start a new game so am now on generation one with out any problems. Lesson learned? probably not. I will bork up my game again someday with another ill considered mod. ;-)
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:28 AM Last edited by Citysim : 22nd Feb 2018 at 10:48 AM.
About Go to School mod, I Thought I'll share about the most recent one , (only modified to work well with currently patch level but this is safe),

I hadn't found any info how to assign your OWN Janitor, Caterer, Teacher, Counsellor, or Principal, instead of randomly generated ones showing up.
(So I fiddled around until I did it)

All you need is the Get to School Mod of course and MCCC is helpful

Obivoulsy you need to get the Educational Career first

First you need to play the target's sims house (who should be an Adult)
You can then just get them the Educational career by the phone, or just give them the CC Job by typing

careers.add_career EduES (For Elementary School) or
careers.add_career EduHS (For High School)

BUT, you will be the very bottom of the career and you won't show up on the day.

So you need to keep promoting yourself until you get the Janitor, Caterer, Teacher, Counsellor, or Principal status

you can type (as many times as needed on the selected sim)
careers.promote EduES (for Elementary)
or
careers.promote EduHS (for High School)

I know the Janitor is near the bottom and Principal is right at the top so you probably need to type that same command about 10 times.

Once satisfied, I used mccc and selected Flag Sim > Flag Freeze Career
Then deleted any NPC sims that also may have the same job (I think if not, it might randomly pick one between the two to show up)

(You can also modify their career outfits too as they do have all will have assigned uniforms),

then when off to play a house with a kid or teen, Joined them at school the next morning, and all my desired school staff showed up and when about their new jobs)

Another good thing I noticed, I can continue to Play those adult teacher households as normal, and they don't lose their jobs!

Can even make a whole school a family business with one household (as long as you have 5 adults living there), or just use individual households. Certainly makes the mod even more fun now that i'm doing this...