Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATED] Tattered Diary (Custom Memories)

by DiLight Posted 14th Jun 2014 at 9:29 PM - Updated 4th May 2017 at 5:09 AM by DiLight

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#76 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:30 AM
BTW, I'm thinking of uploading some of my Memories, (Some to SexySims, Some to here.) Is it Okay if I do that? I'll tell People I learned it from you, Then leave a Link, I'll put them in Separate Objects, each Object for each one, With Even Different Meshes if I have to. Please? Didn't want to Beg. (I was not even Begging.) I'll even tell them you made the Mesh. please?
Field Researcher
#77 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I want to download this, but I'm a bit afraid it will harm my game.
Is it just this file I need to download? You talk about the memory manager in the thread. Do you need that too?

Memory Manager is for Making, and Creating your own Memories, and do not Worry, It won't hurt ur game.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#78 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 7:17 PM
@CuteCuteSimChild I would try pm'ing her first and asking. Then wait at least 2-3 weeks before uploading. It has only been 6 months since she was last on, and while she has a pretty friendly policy, it is always best to be polite
Mad Poster
#79 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
Memory Manager is for Making, and Creating your own Memories, and do not Worry, It won't hurt ur game.

You are getting terms mixed up, and what you are saying is not correct.

@lientebollemeis Memory manager is an object by Aaroneous over at simmanipulator forums. It can add all different maxis memories, and remove memories from a Sims memory panel. It has nothing to do with DiLights object. It is not required. It's just helpful if you want to add maxis memories, or if you accidentally added the wrong memory with Tattered Diary and want to remove the incorrect one from inside the game.

DiLight's object is called Tattered Diary. For this upload to work you need the tattered diary object (File is called OBJ_DiLight'sTatteredDiary-MESH-ByMichelle (2.1).package) and you need the memory files (Files are labelled MEM_NameOfMemory.package). You'll need all memory files, or the game may throw an error if you accidentally click a pie menu option for a memory you don't have.

Using the tattered diary and custom memories is not harmful to your game, if they are made correctly (which DiLights are). However, it is not safe to remove the files after you've added custom memories in your game. You can remove the object, but you need to keep the memory files. If you remove them you'll cause corruption in your hood. If you manually go through all Sims and delete any use of the custom memory, it's safe to delete them. But ONLY if you make sure you've deleted every single use of custom memory (including on dead Sims). DiLight created a great object and it can add a lot to your game, so I don't think you should be afraid to download it if you want it. But you should be aware of the risk and make sure you never remove the memories unless you cleaned your hood first by deleting all memory instances.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiLight
I agree, but as I've already said, now it's impossible for me. I can only create memories about active Sim. For example, when you add such memory using my mod, you will get "Got divorced from Myself (the name of the active Sim)", then you should open SimPE to change the Subject to the one whom you divorced from. Do you understand me?

Done, thanks for the idea! Thread
As for tutorial, this is not the beginner level and it would be easier to change the memories from this mod (I can explain how).
However, if a lot of people ask, I'll write the tutorial (it would be HUGE).

Thanks for your words! The memory "Had Twins" could reference only one baby which is wrong, I think.
As for similar "(Mother) broke up", "(Father) broke up" I've made "Parents broke up" memory

I created a "Had Twins" Memory.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#81 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 12:25 AM
I always put it in my sim's inventory. I have no problems.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 1:59 AM Last edited by DiLight : 8th Apr 2017 at 2:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CuteCuteSimChild
BTW, I'm thinking of uploading some of my Memories, (Some to SexySims, Some to here.) Is it Okay if I do that? I'll tell People I learned it from you, Then leave a Link, I'll put them in Separate Objects, each Object for each one, With Even Different Meshes if I have to. Please? Didn't want to Beg. (I was not even Begging.) I'll even tell them you made the Mesh. please?

Hey @CuteCuteSimChild, it's perfectly okay to do that. Just keep the credits (the mesh's from Michelle here @ MTS, not me).
If you want to use another object instead of the Diary, it's even better! Don't forget to assign the GUID for your memories and sort out the Instances, would be helpful if you added the links to the tutorials too. Let me know if you need anything else
Also, thanks for your feedback on the inventory issue!

@sigg-digga, I've changed the memory only because I didn't like the icon. It wasn't suitable for depression, more like betrayal.
If I find a good original (Maxis) icon for the Depressed memory, I'll bring it back, because I loved it too!

@gummilutt, actually, it's called Memory Manipulator (Aaroneous' mod) and Memory Manager is the object from my tutorial on creating custom memories Thanks for being helpful while I'm gone, though!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#83 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 10:38 PM
Nice to see you back DiLight. You're one of my favorite creators I suppose if you are okay with people sharing their versions I might to do so as well at some point. I'll make sure I modify it a bit so it feels less like stealing.

Whoops. Looks like I managed to get the terms mixed up even though I double checked before writing that post. Thanks for claring that up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Nice to see you back DiLight. You're one of my favorite creators I suppose if you are okay with people sharing their versions I might to do so as well at some point. I'll make sure I modify it a bit so it feels less like stealing.

Awww, thanks, it's so sweet!
You're free to do that You can even take my diary and just assign your own GUID to it. So people will have two TDs in their game files, you can change the descriptions and/or recolor it to avoid confusion.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:02 PM Last edited by Sabrewulf238 : 28th Jul 2017 at 8:31 PM.
@sigg-digga, I've changed the memory only because I didn't like the icon. It wasn't suitable for depression, more like betrayal.
If I find a good original (Maxis) icon for the Depressed memory, I'll bring it back, because I loved it too!

Have you considered using an icon from The Sims 4? http://modthesims.info/d/549037 (Would that be ok?)

I really love the idea of this mod, but I held off on downloading it because I was paranoid about it wrecking my game.....but I think I've read enough to feel reasonably comfortable with trying it out now. I'd love to try making some of my own memories too. (it sounds like a great way to chronicle your sim stories)

Just the other day I was thinking about how annoying it was that there was a memory for teaching toddlers a nursery rhyme but the toddlers don't get a memory for being taught the nursery rhyme. (unlike all the other toddler skills)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sabrewulf238
Have you considered using an icon from The Sims 4? http://modthesims.info/d/549037 (Would that be ok?)

I have, but they look so different, it looks off.. I may have found one already, it just needs a bit of tweaking in Corel and PS
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 28th Aug 2017 at 3:16 PM Last edited by leontinees : 29th Aug 2017 at 2:01 AM.
This is really an awesome mod! You can bet I will put that secret society to good use!
I'm glad to know people are still into Sims 2. May I do a suggestion for memories? I don't know if you intend another update, but since the last post is recent, I guess there's a chance...

Related to hobbies and interests, it kinda annoys me not all of them have a "special achievement" memory, like when you win a cooking contest and tinker your first car and sold a great novel. There are wants/fears about winning a game, or losing a dance contest, or winning a sport match. Could you make those into memories too, please? For science, I know there's that about UFOs, but they have been since base game... perhaps a memory about finding a new planet? Completing the bug collection for nature, I've done thrice after so MANY tries with the patch, and want my sim's effort to be recognized!

Now for fitness, how yoga sounds? It builds body and it's not a sport, so I think it's perfect for the memory. As when you reach high proficiency when the sim can succesfully perform the last posse and back without face-planting.
Fishing out the ultimate, golden trout would be nice too. A bad memory of being chased by bees, sunburnt or frozen, or a good one wishing to a shooting star (since there's a want for that)... A teenager moving out by him/herself in good terms, simply becoming independent. Having twins, and a different special memory if the baby it's an alien. And is there any way to change becoming a werewolf or struck by lightning into positive? One of my sim desires continually to be electrocuted, but always get the memory in red

Again, this is just a suggestion and you're not in the obligation to comply. I was just sharing my thoughts because I really love what you did here! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 3:27 PM
I don't know how to say it .... THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
This is so awesome, my stories just took a new dimensions. I wish I had seen that sooner haha.
Thank you for this amazing mod.

I love you ! :D
Test Subject
#89 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 6:14 PM
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the memory with a pacifier and a question mark is? its been bugging me for ages thanks in advance and p.s I love this mod
Mad Poster
#90 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simslover97
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the memory with a pacifier and a question mark is? its been bugging me for ages thanks in advance and p.s I love this mod

Sims usually get it the first time they have morning sickness. It's an 'am I pregnant?' thought bubble.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#91 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 4:58 PM
Thank you SO much for this! I woke up this morning wondering if custom memories were possible. Just started playing TS2 again and poked my head into the Goth house last night. I hated how Bella was always missing. Ended up searching for info on default face replacements and I thought it would be funny to extract Johnny Smith with SimPE and use him as one of the alien face replacements. As I was messing with that I ran across Bella's character data (I knew she was in Strangetown, but the game gets weird transporting Sims between neighborhoods.) So I exported her too just in case the custom memories was an option. I wanted to give her and her family "Returned from abduction" memories (or something like that) and reunite their family. I could see it as a two sided memory: good for geeky/knowledge sims and negative for everyone else. Seems like something that geeky sims would love to remember, if they have a 'surprise guest' or not! ;D I'll be reading over the tutorial about making custom memories. I'm really looking forward to this! :D Thanks!
Test Subject
#92 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Sims usually get it the first time they have morning sickness. It's an 'am I pregnant?' thought bubble.

Ah thank you so much and sorry I'm late replying I got logged out then couldn't remember my password lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 3:09 PM
@leontinees @Ayarashi @Corsetcrush @Simslover97 thank you guys for your support! I know I've been gone but I'm glad to see TS2 community staying alive! I'm working on an update at the moment, so let me know if you have any other ideas.. cheers!
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 4:23 PM
@leontinees @Ayarashi @Corsetcrush @Simslover97 thank you guys for your support! I know I've been gone but I'm glad to see TS2 community staying alive! I'm working on an update at the moment, so let me know if you have any other ideas.. cheers!

It's always a pleasure to see people still contributing to the older games, even more when they do amazing things like this one! Keep strong and happy, girl!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 4:12 PM
TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 3:33 AM
If requests are still being taken, I would love to see a negative memory for a sim going into Aspiration Failure!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 28th Jan 2023 at 10:21 PM
Thanks for this contribution!
Page 4 of 4