Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2024 at 5:11 PM Last edited by Burinis : 18th Jan 2024 at 6:08 PM.
Default Need help creating a channel using CustomChannelInjector
Does anyone know how to create your own custom TV channel using the Custom Channels Injector library from SashaT1804? I want to create a channel with anime. I do everything according to a special lesson from the author of the mod, I saw about adding video to the game here, but how can I combine all this into one? I tried searching on Google, Yandex, Bing, YouTube, but I have a feeling that even on foreign sites, few people will want to write lessons on creating channels using the CCJ library. There is no way to contact the author.

Sorry for asking again, as I didn't get the answer I needed in the previous thread.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 1:11 AM
Double posting does not really achieve much, it's the same audience of (frankly very few) minds here who pitch in on TS4 questions. If bumping your original thread doesn't yield any results, sometimes it's just time to accept that you may have to experiment until you find the answer yourself.

The documentation I linked on the other thread goes pretty indepth on how to use that tool. If there are still steps you are struggling to follow, maybe familiarise yourself with XML modding more in general and come back to this project later? If there are existing mods of the same type that you want to make, you can also open those in Sims4Studio and use them as reference for what yours needs to look like.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
The documentation I linked on the other thread goes pretty indepth on how to use that tool. If there are still steps you are struggling to follow, maybe familiarise yourself with XML modding more in general and come back to this project later? If there are existing mods of the same type that you want to make, you can also open those in Sims4Studio and use them as reference for what yours needs to look like.

How can I add a video in vp6 format and provide a link to it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2024 at 1:57 PM
wait! I, according to the instructions, created XML files Interaction tuning, Object State tuning and Snippet tuning, having previously generated Instance values and identifiers in a hash generator (FNV64 Hexadecimal) from the names I came up with and later writing these names and identifiers in the n and s attributes, respectively, in all file headers. This is what is described in paragraphs 2.1, 2.2 and 3.1:
2.1. Channel Object State Tuning
Quote:
You will need to create one for your channel, and edit the description, name, audio/video file, etc. I will not go through this, as many tutorials already exist. Once you have the file, note the tuning id (”s” attribute, for the Retro channel it was 32571). This id will be needed later in the snippet tuning.

2.2. Interaction tuning
Quote:
You will need to create one for your channel, edit whatever you want to change, and link the previously created object state in the ”required station” field. Also note the tuning id for the interaction, as it will also be needed later.

3. Snippet tuning
3.1. General Format

Quote:
Just make sure you keep the ”c” and ”i” attributes exactly as they are. You can set the name attribute as you wish, and take the hash as usual for the tuning id. To add radio channels, you then need to fill the ”radio channels” part.

I created the file with the necessary video based on this tutorial.
In the Object State tuning file I wrote the following:
Code:
<T p="InGame\Video\TV_Channels\SailorMoon.vp6">376840d7:00000000:915EB8DCE245DC1A</T>

And this is what ended up happening: in the screenshot below there are two noname channels (if you just install the CCI mod, then there is only one noname channel. Apparently, the author of the mod did not fully localize something, although I recently warned him about this bug). My game is in Russian. Here's the screen:

Here's what came out in the end: https://youtu.be/2hsHXJBbZgQ

Link to files used: https://mega.nz/file/Xb4ggRaY#KeQQ1...6FhMxXZnVZx1pD4

What to do?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Feb 2024 at 12:59 AM
I suggest simply writing Sasha. I have found her very helpful!