Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 9:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default CC files in Downloads folder modified/deleted (not by me!) after quitting game
Hi,

My problems with The Sims 2 Super Collection have been going on for a while with the missing sims and crashing neighbourhoods, however I installed clean neighbourhoods and was hoping that the problems would be fixed.
Before the last time I played, I installed some furniture collections, specifically some plants, and upon loading the neighbourhood view, my neighbourhood had the grid pattern, so without loading that neighbourhood, I quit off the game and took those files out of my downloads. I then added some other CC items - furniture & build mode items (doors and windows) and started the game up again. This time, my neighbourhood had its correct thumbnail, so I loaded it up. Unfortunately, all of my sims were then missing from the lots, and so were all of the houses. Upon loading the lots in build mode, the houses did actually show (walls etc), but were missing most furniture, with items that were previously placed on counters now on the floor. The windows and doors were missing, save for one custom door that was flashing blue (while previously, it had worked without a problem). I then quit off the game (without saving) and had a look in my downloads folder. I found that some of my downloads had actually disappeared. Other files were suspiciously all the same size (I'll attach a screenshot of this).
I only had two neighbourhoods - one with ~23 sims in it, and also, a second one with one empty lot on it, intended as my "tester" neighbourhood.

So, I was really just wondering if anyone has a clue as to what's going on with my game? I'm worried as I haven't heard of files being modified/deleted like this...
Thanks to anyone that could provide some info!!

Here are my system specs:
Macbook Air 13"
Mac OSX: Sierra 10.12.6
1.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536MB
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:13 AM
Turn off your antvirus program, play and see what happens then.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:58 AM
^ I turning off your antivirus when playing doesn't work, there may be something wrong with the game, or your system specs.

From what I can read on the web, the macbook air is not by any means a gaming laptop, and (depending on when you bought it/which version you have) may be a bit too weak to run the sims games properly. The older it is, the lower the specs are.

Minimum requirements: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/...-Collection-FAQ (CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz --> yours is 1.7, so that might be a problem right there, unless there's an option for turbo speed on your macbook air version)

How are your settings? You may need to lower them, and you may also have to cut down on the amount of CC (Macs have a file limit on CC).

As for the CC you downloaded, make sure it's actually compatible with the Super Collection. Any CC made for EPs above Bon Voyage may or may not work.

The same size files problem does look strange. The files seem also to be recognized as "document files", when they should (on a PC, anyway) be "package" files. Not sure if this is a Mac-related issue, though.