Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:07 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 17th Nov 2018 at 2:21 PM. Reason: I think I got an answer, thanks Chris Hatch!

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Moving currently-occupied lots but doesn't involve using the in-game tools to move them into the bin - Corrupted?
I'm wondering, have I corrupted my hood? Meaning, do I have to redo it all over again? Moving all of the bin families into houses and decorating them all over again gets very time consuming, especially when you have to adjust things like pre-uni via Batbox and giving each and every Sim their Aspiration benefits, the Season & Day etc etc.

Thanks if anyone can confirm or help!

Here is where I found the tutorial

Edited again so it makes more sense (hopefully)...

Copied text from Kestrellyn in comments for the title seeing as it made a lot more sense than mine so thank you to them! :D
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:57 AM
It would still have sim references in the lot that you would want to clean out. I would use the Lot Adjuster, it's quick and easy. Here is my lot cleaning tutorial: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188

You can be rid of any sims that you want, including bin sims if you want to stop playing them. Empty templates-make hood-no sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It would still have sim references in the lot that you would want to clean out. I would use the Lot Adjuster, it's quick and easy. Here is my lot cleaning tutorial: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188

I'm doomed, then. Since I'm determined to play my game after discovering how I like to play recently, I'm going to go through with it and place all the bin families again and decorate etc. I just hope it doesn't take me 2 days like last time. I'm going to package the lots I make that I really like before I place any families in them. If I remember to do that, that is... That would be okay, wouldn't it?

You can be rid of any sims that you want, including bin sims if you want to stop playing them. Empty templates-make hood-no sims.

I play with every pre-made Sim the game has minus my default townies unless no other playable has any chemistry with each other. It's so much fun.

Thanks for replying, hopefully I make just as good of a house for the Ottomas as I did with the one that ruined my completed neighborhood! I need to backup before I do anything like that again, lesson learned!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 3:25 AM
People are referring to LiveJournal as "some forum thing"? Lol, I feel old.

Jo, they are not asking about moving a lot that has been occupied in the past into the bin, they are asking about the specific process described in the LJ post, which involves currently-occupied lots, but does not involve using the in-game tools to move them into the bin.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
People are referring to LiveJournal as "some forum thing"? Lol, I feel old.

Sorry, I didn't know what else to call it Never really used it before and it kinda looked like a forum type thing

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Jo, they are not asking about moving a lot that has been occupied in the past into the bin, they are asking about the specific process described in the LJ post, which involves currently-occupied lots, but does not involve using the in-game tools to move them into the bin.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about *crosses fingers I might not have to redo my Uber/Megahood after all*
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 9:57 PM
I have no clue if that method is safe or not, but assuming it is, (could cause a firey ball from outer space for all I know) once you have an empty lot, I was saying it would have sim references and would need cleaning. So maybe move from occupied hood to cleaning hood, from cleaning hood to real hood. First I've even heard of doing this.

Why are you doomed? Cleaning with lot adjuster is as easy as a few clicks. If you mean you did this without any cleaning then yes, you moved sim references from hood to another and I do believe that will cause corruption. Even moving empty maxis houses between hoods we believe causes corruption now because they are full of references. That is why we now require lots be cleaned and why I put up a tutorial. Some people think references don't matter, so obviously you will need to decide which camp you fall in.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 10:10 PM
I have no clue if that method is safe or not, but assuming it is, (could cause a firey ball from outer space for all I know) once you have an empty lot, I was saying it would have sim references and would need cleaning. So maybe move from occupied hood to cleaning hood, from cleaning hood to real hood. First I've even heard of doing this.

Why are you doomed? Cleaning with lot adjuster is as easy as a few clicks. If you mean you did this without any cleaning then yes, you moved sim references from hood to another and I do believe that will cause corruption. Even moving empty maxis houses between hoods we believe causes corruption now because they are full of references. That is why we now require lots be cleaned and why I put up a tutorial. Some people think references don't matter, so obviously you will need to decide which camp you fall in.

I'm doomed because I don't understand things easily and feel embarrassed and stupid for asking questions.

I've created a new Uber/Megahood with Tarlia's templates and used her Viper Canyon to add the premade bin families (except the Capps, Monty etc etc that belong in the main shipped hoods). Everything should be clean and ready to go, just need to give everyone the Uni & Pre-FT upgrades via Batbox and run Hoodchecker.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I'm doomed because I don't understand things easily and feel embarrassed and stupid for asking questions.

I've created a new Uber/Megahood with Tarlia's templates and used her Viper Canyon to add the premade bin families (except the Capps, Monty etc etc that belong in the main shipped hoods). Everything should be clean and ready to go, just need to give everyone the Uni & Pre-FT upgrades via Batbox and run Hoodchecker.

If I recall, moving people from other hoods can cause corruption.
They know townies that don't exist, and possibly have memories about people that don't exist.
But if SimPE and Hoodchecker say everything's fine, I guess you're fine?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:43 AM
She didn't move sims between hoods, she attempted to take empty houses between hoods.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 5:30 AM
I'm wondering, have I corrupted my hood? Meaning, do I have to redo it all over again? Moving all of the bin families into houses and decorating them all over again gets very time consuming, especially when you have to adjust things like pre-uni via Batbox and giving each and every Sim their Aspiration benefits, the Season & Day etc etc.

Thanks if anyone can confirm or help!

Here is where I found the tutorial

Edited again so it makes more sense (hopefully)...

Copied text from Kestrellyn in comments for the title seeing as it made a lot more sense than mine so thank you to them! :D

Yes that caused corruption from the hood you took them out of and the hood you place them in, I am going on the title of your post
Quote:
""Moving currently-occupied lots but doesn't involve using the in-game tools to move them into the bin - Corrupted? ""

No matter how an occupied lot got in the bin it causes corruption from the hood it was taken out of and it causes corruption in the hood it is placed in.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:09 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 15th Nov 2018 at 7:42 PM.
Suppose I better scrap my current Mega/Uberhood & backups that I have and start over!

RIP progress!

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Edit: I'm going to continue to play my hood until it turns into a BFBVFS!! :D
Alchemist
#12 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:02 PM

Edit: I'm going to continue to play my hood until it turns into a BFBVFS!! :D

I actually can't tell from this thread what you did, but as for playing it till it explodes... Yeah, obviously, why not?! Enjoy it for a while either way.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I actually can't tell from this thread what you did, but as for playing it till it explodes... Yeah, obviously, why not?! Enjoy it for a while either way.

I followed a tutorial on how to move an occupied house to the lot catalog without the Sims in it. Turns out it corrupted my neighborhood(s) as stated here in this thread. That's okay though because so far it's still playable! For now, at least..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 10:29 PM
I'm confused, I thought you were moving lots that weren't occupied into the bin.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 11:00 PM
I'm confused, I thought you were moving lots that weren't occupied into the bin.

I followed this tutorial.

Taken from the site itself:

Basically, I moved Sims into the house and played a few days and forgot to put save the house into lot catalog before moving the Sims in. I followed the tutorial to put the house in the lot bin without the Sims going with it.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:11 AM
I followed this tutorial.

Taken from the site itself:

Basically, I moved Sims into the house and played a few days and forgot to put save the house into lot catalog before moving the Sims in. I followed the tutorial to put the house in the lot bin without the Sims going with it.

Yes it can be done that way but you will corrupt the hood you placed it in and if you removed the house this way from the original hood then you corrupted it to.
If you only did a copy of the house then the hood its from should still be good, but any hood you put the house in is corrupted.

You can clean that lot by putting it in an empty hood and then cleaning all sim ref from it with SimPE then put it in the bin using the game this time.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:25 AM
That was what I thought originally, source hood would be fine but new hood would not be. That's why I suggested she use a middle hood that can be tossed away to clean the lot before moving to the destination hood.

It's far easier to use Lot Adjuster than SimPE to clean lots now. If you are not aware of Chris Hatch's add-on you can get it on my tutorial here:http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:45 AM
Ah well, I've started a new Uber/Megahood using Tarlia's Viper Canyon so most premade bin Sims already have homes. I only need to add a few from the other neighborhoods such as Singles, Monty, Loner etc etc. Thanks both for the help! I know not to do this in the future. :D
Space Pony
#19 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:51 AM
It's far easier to use Lot Adjuster than SimPE to clean lots now. If you are not aware of Chris Hatch's add-on you can get it on my tutorial here:http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609188

You do mean Lot Compressor (as in your link) , NOT, Lot Adjuster. Sorry, it just bothers me as LotAdjuster is also a program much used but has nothing to do with cleaning lots.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:58 AM
Ack sorry! Lot Compressor. This is my busy time of year and I am trying to focus on my paperwork but keep coming online instead. :P

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#21 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Yes it can be done that way but you will corrupt the hood you placed it in and if you removed the house this way from the original hood then you corrupted it to.
If you only did a copy of the house then the hood its from should still be good, but any hood you put the house in is corrupted.

You can clean that lot by putting it in an empty hood and then cleaning all sim ref from it with SimPE then put it in the bin using the game this time.

I'm trying to catch up on this issue - to learn more. Can you tell me what evidence we have of the corruption? My understanding so far is that we've seen sim refs in SimPE? I know some people think they are harmless and others not. What evidence do we have that they are not harmless? Or am I totally misunderstanding the issue?
Scholar
#22 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 1:31 PM
It won't corrupt the neighbourhood. The lot itself is likely to have some problems though, there is likely to be some 'Lot Familiar' NPC tokens that'll now be pointing to the wrong Neighbour ID. Some of the controllers, careers etc. will be saved 'running wrong', controlling a sim that doesn't exist or perhaps the weather controller could be set to an inappropriate season. In most cases they will either reset on import or throw a 'one off' error then reset but some won't, and it is possible there will be one or two things that never seem to work properly on the lot. Owned vehicles that have been assigned an owner that now doesn't exist can become glitchy.
The Lot Cleaner CJH_LotCleaner.zip is designed exactly for this sort of thing (because I do this sort of thing often).
Mad Poster
#23 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 1:51 PM
Does the Hood Checker (Mootilda?) do the same as CJH LotCleaner? And LotCompressor was also mentioned as a lot cleaner..Can someone clarify? I think they all do "cleaning", but in different ways.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#24 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:00 PM
The Hood Checker is checking the neighbourhood file not the lot files.
The Lot Cleaner is used in game, the Lot Compressor is a separate program.
The Lot Cleaner is ideal for while the lot is still vacant, just select it from the catalogue and it'll do it's thing on initialization.
Quote from LotCleaner.txt
" This item will delete all controllers, off world items and any NPC schedules. It deletes everything on initialization so just select then delete it, the lot does not need to go into live mode for it to work."
The current version will also reset the value of most items on the lot back to new value.
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
It won't corrupt the neighbourhood. The lot itself is likely to have some problems though, there is likely to be some 'Lot Familiar' NPC tokens that'll now be pointing to the wrong Neighbour ID. Some of the controllers, careers etc. will be saved 'running wrong', controlling a sim that doesn't exist or perhaps the weather controller could be set to an inappropriate season. In most cases they will either reset on import or throw a 'one off' error then reset but some won't, and it is possible there will be one or two things that never seem to work properly on the lot. Owned vehicles that have been assigned an owner that now doesn't exist can become glitchy.
The Lot Cleaner CJH_LotCleaner.zip is designed exactly for this sort of thing (because I do this sort of thing often).

So is my neighborhood actually okay then? If I use the Lot Cleaner, will it fix whatever is wrong with the lot? Can I use it with my Ottomas family living there or do I have to move them out first? I've used Hood Checker and it mainly picks up Sims that don't exist that my playables have met. Sometimes neither Sims exist. After each play Session, I run Hood Checker. I ignore the Character Files because I have Multi-PT and Multi-PlantSim Mods and I know those are what the Character files are. I haven't had any issues with that house yet as far as I know, I have No Sim Loaded and other essential Mods (not sure if those will help with this situation).

I'm somewhat excited if this is good news because I've done lots of progress on that save! :D
Page 1 of 2