Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 11:49 PM
Clothes Re-categorizer
I was wondering if there was a program other then Body Shop to view and re-categorize the categories the clothes are in (ex:formal, everyday..etc)

I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:30 AM
the content organiser from sims2.com can i think
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 12:29 AM
Sorry If I write this in the wrong place, but I want to make the same question and I don't know if I could make it with Simpe, or If there is another program.
Thanks and sorry for English.

Libertad no conozco sino la libertad de estar presa
en alguien
cuyo nombre no puedo oir sin escalofrío...

Viggo forever!!!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 12:23 AM
Without "jumping on the bandwagon", I am also looking for an application that wouls let me do this. I know that I can use BodyShop, but its a bit tiresome.

Thank you.
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 6:15 AM
Winkeeper at The Sims Resource has written a tutorial on how to do this with SimPE. I have done it and it's awesome!! No more underwear in formal!!! Yahoo!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Nov 2006 at 2:26 PM
You'll find Windkeeper's tutorial here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...loads/articles/
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 11:39 AM
I think SimPE can do this.

Start SimPE and open the *.package file that you want [this is much more difficult than it seems - there seems to be no simple way to know _which_ file corresponds to each image!]

The next instructions are from memory; I can't use SimPE (which runs on Windows) at the same time I use the Internet (in Linux).

There is a section called "Property Set", if you open it, there will appear a list of many properties. Most of them are numeric, some are strings.

For example, one of them is the age, with hex values 8 for adult, 4 for teen, 40 for young adult and combinations 48 for adult/YA, 4C for teen/YA/adult, etc (I tried to change some adult clothes to teen/YA/adult, with dubious success - some of them look great in teens).

Another one is category (or something like that), and I'm still trying to figure out the bits. They _may_ be:
200 - workout (gym)
40 - swimwear
10 - sleepwear
8 - underwear
1 - casual (or formal?)
2 or 4 - formal (?)
7 - casual/formal/something else combination

Then save and test
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jan 2007 at 1:59 AM
Wow! Nice to know that SimPE can do it. I don't know lots of things about SimPE, so, when I learn something, it's nice!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. (Oscar Wilde)
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 5:00 PM
I have just added my R (a programming language) script that generates a list of all packages, with some useful information about them.

Check the source code from The Sims2 Wikipedia. It generates something like this:

item_list = ( category age gender outfit )

5f0656ea_dragontfmpeachX.package ( category=27 age=8 gender=1 outfit=8 ) dragon_tfm mesh by marvine

5f069ab5_LS_EHalter&Capri.package ( category=7 age=48 gender=1 outfit=8 ) dare_053 :www.leia-style.moonfruit.com:

5f06aac9_36DDDe_36nude.package ( category=25F age=48 gender=1 outfit=8 ) Alan Akbar bikini on 36DDD-36 enh.

5f06ba12_kathyteented1.package ( category=58 age=4 gender=1 outfit=8 ) black

5f06f7df_JB_spyminidress.package ( category=27 age=8 gender=1 outfit=8 ) Rap neck minidress by JB

I still don't know how to add mesh information.
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 12:54 AM
You will find a propper tool by this link http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=457 although it doesn't alter the default sims 2 clothing. I'm still searching for one.