Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 13th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2024 at 6:55 PM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 20 of 42
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#476 Old 26th May 2018 at 10:14 PM
Hi!!! Awesome mod, but I keep getting LE warnings and according to the LE file this is the cause. I have read others comment and tried deleting other mods and updating what I have and nothing is working. Has anyone else reported this issue? I should mention that it doesn't seem to actually interfere with my gameplay, just super annoying.
Test Subject
#477 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:01 AM
some of the ingredients are showing up as "Debug" is this something to worry about? Also, should i have downloaded all three files and put them into game? or just the latest one?
Test Subject
#478 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 8:39 AM
everything keeps coming out poor quality
Icy Spicy
#479 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wildfire_72
Hi!!! Awesome mod, but I keep getting LE warnings and according to the LE file this is the cause. I have read others comment and tried deleting other mods and updating what I have and nothing is working. Has anyone else reported this issue? I should mention that it doesn't seem to actually interfere with my gameplay, just super annoying.

Can you post the LE here ?

Quote: Originally posted by jaylenhill
some of the ingredients are showing up as "Debug" is this something to worry about? Also, should i have downloaded all three files and put them into game? or just the latest one?

Hey you only need the one tagged as 'Latest Version'. The ingredients or the meal quality should not be affected by this mod. you have to check the individual recipes for that
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#480 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 6:02 PM
Thank you for updating this mod so fast. It's one of my favorites so I'm tickled pink this mod is available again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#481 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:42 PM
Thanks for the update. Only problem is my sims wont finish cooking the stop halfway through and can go back to it after. They just wave there hand and shrugs shoulder like something ia blocking them.
Icy Spicy
#482 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HirakoA
Thanks for the update. Only problem is my sims wont finish cooking the stop halfway through and can go back to it after. They just wave there hand and shrugs shoulder like something ia blocking them.

Can you check which recipes are having this issue ?
Test Subject
#483 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Can you check which recipes are having this issue ?
Hmmm it seems like it acts that way when I try and cook via the oven.
Icy Spicy
#484 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HirakoA
Hmmm it seems like it acts that way when I try and cook via the oven.

Is it any particular stove ? I tried with a few of the EA stoves and could get it to work! But it is highly likely that I may have missed a stove while testing
Test Subject
#485 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:11 PM
hi i've last exeption with this and my sims can't cook or reach a frige sorry my english
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#486 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 11:00 AM
Getting a small UI error when using the high chair to feed a toddler. The option just reads "Give Custom Food To ______". It doesn't seem to affect anything besides that, and I was still able to use the custom toddler food picker without any other errors or an LE.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#487 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 12:19 AM
Wow! This is great fun for everyday play. My game will be elevated! Thanks so much everyone!
Test Subject
#488 Old 3rd Jul 2018 at 9:11 AM
Hi there,

So first of all, many thanks for this mod, and all your custom harvestables. It makes gameplay much better.

Second, for some reason this mod is no longer working for me. I have the latest version installed but when I click on a refrigerator, the option to make custom food does not come up. I have some of your custom recipes installed as well and it used to work for me but now... I've also tried using the custom drinks menu and it causes LEs when I load my game.

Do you have any ideas as to why this might be? I thought it might have been a conflict with Leniad's menu enhancer, so I removed that and all of his custom recipes, but still no luck.

Please and thank you in advance
Test Subject
#489 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mistress_overlord
Hi there,

So first of all, many thanks for this mod, and all your custom harvestables. It makes gameplay much better.

Second, for some reason this mod is no longer working for me. I have the latest version installed but when I click on a refrigerator, the option to make custom food does not come up. I have some of your custom recipes installed as well and it used to work for me but now... I've also tried using the custom drinks menu and it causes LEs when I load my game.

Do you have any ideas as to why this might be? I thought it might have been a conflict with Leniad's menu enhancer, so I removed that and all of his custom recipes, but still no luck.

For anyone else who might have a similar issue - I found out how to fix it. When I downloaded the file I just used the 7zip available on my computer (see image) and for some bizarre reason in my mods folder, it saved the mtsfoodgroup folder inside another mtsfoodgroup folder. Inside the second folder is the .script and .package file and it is just that folder that needs to be in your mods, otherwise it won't show up. I didn't know my computer did this, since my laptop never used to, so if you think it might be a similar issue, here's a solution
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#490 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 6:20 PM
tyvm :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#491 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 12:52 PM
Does your mod work with this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/603277 ?
Test Subject
#492 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 12:50 AM
I keep getting this last exception. \The Sims 4\Mods\mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.ts4script\injector.py", line 11, in _inject return new_function(target_function, *args, **kwargs) File Beta Mixer Interactions -2.py", line 17, in add_mixer_to_snippet
Test Subject
#493 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:31 PM
Can't get mod to work
I've tried three separate times trying to get this mod to work, every time I download it and add it to my mods folder I can't even get my game to start. But as soon as I add in both the package and script my game just fails completely. I can still use custom harvestables and gray curses ingredient overhaul but I can never get this mod to work with my game. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Any common mods that might interfere?

(I'm still new to this website so if I'm missing something I apologize!)
Test Subject
#494 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 10:50 AM
Thanks for mod
Icy Spicy
#495 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QiMakio
Does your mod work with this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/603277 ?

I have not tested personally but since this mod does not override any resources and adds interaction via script, the mods should work together

Quote: Originally posted by TlaraM
I keep getting this last exception. \The Sims 4\Mods\mtsfoodgroup_foods_custom.ts4script\injector.py", line 11, in _inject
return new_function(target_function, *args, **kwargs)
File Beta Mixer Interactions -2.py", line 17, in add_mixer_to_snippet

There seems to be some issue with a mod adding a mixer interaction! Can you check with only this mod +/- MCCC and see whether you are getting any LEs ?

Quote: Originally posted by Hysteriaofawitch
I've tried three separate times trying to get this mod to work, every time I download it and add it to my mods folder I can't even get my game to start. But as soon as I add in both the package and script my game just fails completely. I can still use custom harvestables and gray curses ingredient overhaul but I can never get this mod to work with my game. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Any common mods that might interfere?

(I'm still new to this website so if I'm missing something I apologize!)

Hey...Can you just check with this mod ( package+ script) and +/- MCCC and see whether there are any issues ?
Test Subject
#496 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 6:34 PM
mine never work never show up in the talk bubble and i do everything the description told me to do please tell me what's wrong i feel like crying over this
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#497 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 12:09 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
#498 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistress_overlord
Hi there,

uninstall all the custom recipes & see if that works
Field Researcher
#499 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 5:49 PM
I know u pretty much running this mod by urself now, sorry to have to ask u this but the food in sims is one of my must-have I been using all food except for a few that haven't been updated. I know Lenaid using some of ur harvestable ingredient but I wanted to know can u add lenaid foods to this that are paired with your harvestable but also those that dont got ingredients. again I am sorry to ask this from you.
Test Subject
#500 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 7:59 PM
I keep getting last exception errors on venue fridges with the latest patch (1.45.62.1020) , is it this mod or other custom foods?
Page 20 of 42