Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#326 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:08 PM
Potential plants for the world. Unfortunately they don't glow and aren't animated like they are in The Sims 4.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nilxis
@Envie, your comment made me blush. Thank you so much for the nice words and for appreciating my work, it's so rewarding to read this. It's always nice to see there's people who like worlds that offer an alternative gaming style.
I might not be able to work on Uranesia during certain periods of time, but I always have the desire to work on it and create new things (believe me that it was very different when I was creating other worlds).
Unfortunately, I'm still not close to finishing it, but I hope from now on it will be faster. I mean, I'm still a very slow builder , but now I will cover bigger areas with fewer details in less time, unlike the city which was a small area with lots of detail, that's why it took so long. So now it will look like I'm faster

I hope you don't get tired of waiting
New things coming up soon!

Hi again, so cool of you to respond back and I'm glad my letter made you feel good. I don't think talented creators get nearly enough recognition for their hard work or even realize how many Sims3 gamers out there cherish the worlds they create for years of play and enjoyment.

I won't get tired of waiting. This is one world that will definitely be worth the wait.

Good luck and I'll be watching for new updates!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#328 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 6:16 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 16th Jul 2017 at 7:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Man it would be really cool if you were able to incorporate aminovas's Venice canal pieces into your world, but it's too late now.

Indeed, especially if I could use them in the locks!

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I downloaded an Aztec pyramid deco recently. I think it would look good in this hood.

Sounds good, now where can I find it?

Quote: Originally posted by Bordew5
Potential plants for the world. Unfortunately they don't glow and aren't animated like they are in The Sims 4.

Thanks! I already downloaded these and I've been using the blue fern for a while, I'll probably use some of the others, together with these ones which glow, in the more hidden jungle-y areas

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#329 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 8:52 PM

Sounds good, now where can I find it?

Might be this one by Severinka http://sims3s.ru/objects-templesun.php At least it's the only one I can think about
Lab Assistant
#330 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 1:42 AM
I just love the enthusiasm by everyone. It just makes everything all the more exciting. My 2 cents worth, I love those plants, so unusual. The Aztec pyramid sounds quite interesting. I picture it in this world. The pictures of Uranesia to date continue to blow me away. The story line for this world is so different from anything else I have ever seen for our Sims 3. This world should have been the pilot for Sims 5. Are you listening EA?
Theorist
#331 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 5:31 PM Last edited by tizerist : 17th Jul 2017 at 12:40 PM.
The pyramid was this one, halfway down.
https://www.pandorasims.net/sims3_o...ts_tropics.html

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#332 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 2:54 AM
About plants for the jungle area, I've found these carnivore ones here
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#333 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 7:00 PM
Thanks for the links! Some of the objects look interesting, I might use some of them (That carnivorous flower looks amazing, I'll definitely add it )

As for pyramids in the world, I feel they wouldn't look very in line with the rest of structures and architecture style I'm already using, there would be too much variation and that would kind of break the cohesion.

Mad Poster
#334 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:19 AM
I think the pyramids could be useful as ruins and space fillers (i.e. Covered in trees/embedded in hillsides), provided that you recolor them.
Field Researcher
#335 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 7:01 PM
Are you going to include or use this type of laundry?
Ye Olde Laundry Set

I see your lots have a laundry hamper, and a deco clothes line...?

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Test Subject
#336 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 2:28 AM
Oh, were doing CC now are we? Alright, heres some plant CC I found surfing the web. Some of these are from smaller websites that I havent really heard of before, but they were so nice, and look pretty trustworthy, but make sure to backup your computer and save files just incase .

Some alien looking lilypads, for water.

More lilypads.

Final fantasy plants, they look REALLY good.

Now heres a random pot I found!1!1!

The pot its cool am i rite guyz??? very kool ikr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#337 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:13 PM Last edited by Nilxis : 21st Aug 2017 at 8:55 PM.
Thanks for the CC suggestions, right now I think I have all I need, but maybe I'll need these objects in the future

@RylandHolmes (and anyone who knows), I have a doubt about laundry: as you say the world has laundry hampers and clothes lines, but it doesn't have any washing machines/dryers, is that a problem? What will happen to dirty clothes?

-----------

Alright, time for a new update! Sorry it took so long.
During these months I've finally finished the city in the mountains and I've started to create wilder new areas outside of it.
Let's see it:

I hope you like it!

Instructor
#338 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:28 PM
It looks amazing I love the new cliffs and houses. I have just a tiny little suggestion that maybe the hunter's hut could have some deco lying around which would suggest it belongs to hunters? (maybe the horns from pets or the pelt-looking carpet from supernatural? But maybe you already have some stuff like that there and I am just too blind to see it I dont have any other ideas how you could make this masterpiece any better:/ Amazing job really!

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#339 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:59 PM
Thank you so much Crow!
I forgot to post a closer picture of the hunters house! You can see the horns are visible outside, but I didn't think about the pelt carpet so nice idea! There is also a kind of basement with material for hunting such as the egyptian "machetes", ropes, etc.

Top Secret Researcher
#340 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:13 PM
This looks so rich and beautiful! Love those narrow paths, and your city is just gorgeous. Are you planning on further recolouring the plants? The shrub-like trees seem to have the same green colour as the grass, as well as some of the other plants. So the vegetation looks very homogeneous, especially in the panorama views. For a jungle-like feeling I would expect lighter and much darker greens for more contrast/diversity.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#341 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 10:07 PM
Thanks a lot Vincent
You are right that about the colours of the vegetation, it would make more sense. There's a reason for this though: being a tropical and lush world, realistically the island should be covered by trees almost everywhere, but if I covered every green area with plants the game would explode
Because of the game's limitations I can only fill up some areas, so I have to leave big portions of grass. To minimize the impression that the island lacks trees I've tried to merge the two colours, so the impact when you zoom out is not that big.
I'm revising recolours all the time so there might still be some changes, maybe I'll darken some of the trees, but pretty much I think it will stay like this.

Test Subject
#342 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:22 AM
Your pictures always leave me in awe and I have nothing to add except if you place hampers and no washing machines or dryers/lines then once the hamper is full the floor will be covered with dirty washing and after a while it will turn green and smelly :-)
Test Subject
#343 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 2:47 PM
I was on the edge of my seat waiting for this update and wow.... what an update. Beautiful brilliant work here. I've really enjoyed seeing the city grow for the past year, but it's so nice to see these nature shots. I love the city, but the nature is my favorite part. The landscape is magical, like FFX Macalania forest level magical. Those water textures are perfection.

I'm curious where the stream in the jungle is going to lead to. A lake? The leg of a large spidery river? A mountain waterfall?! I can't wait to see!

I do have one suggestion if you dont mind. I'm not sure if you're yet finished with the area, but the western coastline looks uniform, almost artificial. Maybe it needs more sand in the middle area since there'd be more corrosion there due to the curved shape? And/or, perhaps just staggering the vegitation line would help? Just a suggestion.

Lastly I just wanted to add that RylandHomes is onto something with the Ye Olde Laundry Set. I too noticed the hampers and clotheslines in game. If you don't want to use that laundry mod, you can just use the washing machines, though you may feel like it's imerssion breaking. But willky12 is right. Since there are hampers with no washing machines, once those hampers are filled with clothes, the clothes will endlessly accumulate in piles across the lot with no way to get rid of them .

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going blow off work for a little while longer to gawk at these photos some more. Woof.
-Sincerely Pavlov's dog
Mad Poster
#344 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 4:21 PM
Or leave out laundry entirely? I would. There are still many places in the world where people wash in streams or wells.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#345 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 9:39 PM
Thank you for the comments!

So, if I get rid of all the laundry stuff, the problem will be fixed? Will it be like when Ambitions wasn't out yet? That would be a good solution to me

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
There are still many places in the world where people wash in streams or wells.

Exactly! My idea has always been that Uranesians wash their clothes in the city canals, too bad we can't simulate that in the game.

Quote: Originally posted by FuruFuruu
I'm curious where the stream in the jungle is going to lead to. A lake? The leg of a large spidery river? A mountain waterfall?! I can't wait to see!

There are two different streams without a source right now, eventually most rivers will flow from underwater sources, maybe from some lake too, but along the course there will be waterfalls, probably some little lakes, and bifurcations.

About your suggestion, you are right, it looks quite uniform. I'll try to break the straightness of the vegetation line a little

Field Researcher
#346 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:32 PM
Thank you for the comments!

So, if I get rid of all the laundry stuff, the problem will be fixed? Will it be like when Ambitions wasn't out yet? That would be a good solution to me

Exactly! My idea has always been that Uranesians wash their clothes in the city canals, too bad we can't simulate that in the game.

No omg please no, it looks so good, and isn't that big of a deal. I'd be disappointed to see you take it all out

Quote: Originally posted by FuruFuruu
Lastly I just wanted to add that RylandHomes is onto something with the Ye Olde Laundry Set. I too noticed the hampers and clotheslines in game. If you don't want to use that laundry mod, you can just use the washing machines, though you may feel like it's imerssion breaking. But willky12 is right. Since there are hampers with no washing machines, once those hampers are filled with clothes, the clothes will endlessly accumulate in piles across the lot with no way to get rid of them .

You could even add in a laundry mat, so that way you don't necessarily have to take up space in the lots, but you can use ye olde laundry set so that there is at least an area for sims to do their laundry.

Field Researcher
#347 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 11:32 PM
Also, beautiful update, always worth the wait
can't wait to see more <3

Mad Poster
#348 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:11 AM
IMO leave laundry out and folks who want it can use the Olde Laundry sets in their games. Lots of folks do not care about having sims do laundry, and especially in a world like this. People that want it can add it to their games.

I would like to see as little CC as possible used and still stay within the theme of this world. IMO adding laundry items to a probably already long CC list is not essential for play in this world.
Mad Poster
#349 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:29 AM Last edited by daisylee : 23rd Aug 2017 at 12:46 AM.
Question: will you offer an unpopulated version of this world as well as the populated one? Do an export of unpopulated then fill in the Sims and animals? I would prefer to do the Sims in my own style and not have to remove premade Sims and pets. It will cut the file size a lot, there will be less CC, and it would be nice to have that option as well. I think everyone looking at these wonderful pics envisions something different for this amazing world.

I just looked at the population thread again and everyone is doing amazing things, each with his or her own vision, and thus there is not much consistency. And the amount of CC being used is yikes! I really hope IF this is distributed with the Sims and pets in it as the only version, that in the mile long folder of CC at least all the CAS items are in a subfolder so folks can choose to add them to their games or not.

Ideally, I would prefer for the people making Sims and animals to make them available for download rather than having a mandatory populating of the world.
Test Subject
#350 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 1:01 AM
I would leave all the laundry items out and let people add their own touches, that sort of cc is unnecessary I feel. I would aim for as little cc as possible.

That WA item, the clothes drying on the wooden rack, would be ok to leave in and give an impression of laundry I think.
Page 14 of 22