Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 20th May 2010 at 11:58 AM
Default help edit in game mode C-A-W
ummm hi people i have a problem in C-A-W i don't know if it is a glitch but in edit in game mode i !can't change lots. i click and click on it in build mode but i can't switch between lots, is there anything i am doing wrongs? if so or you know a fix or the instructions of this then pls e-mail me at [email protected] pls reply soon i am stuck, thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th May 2010 at 3:27 AM
MIne is : When i add lot and save it , something pop up and say : " CAW not working" , anyone have the same problem , or anyone know how to fix this ???
Theorist
#53 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:47 AM
I never posted in this thread because I wanted to make sure I figured out what the bugs were. After months of using C-A-W I've found most things I thought were bugs were actually caused from my own ignorance in how to use the tool. Once I realized its limitations and my computer's limitations and started working within those, aside from being extremely poorly programmed to the point of being an utter resource hog, it's not really all that buggy.
Scholar
#54 Old 31st May 2010 at 12:21 PM
I clicked agree Misty. I avoid this thread too as a lot of the stuff in it is in other threads from people looking for advice. I don't think there are any bugs in it, there were a couple of compatibility things at the start with WA but that was all sorted in the patch. Everything I've had wrong so far in the way of faults has always led back to me and my newbieness at using the tool. 6 months down the line I wouldn't blame the tool as I know it will have been my fault. It's a very delicate thing building a world and much patience is needed.

You know what they say, "A bad workman blames his tools", hahaha
Test Subject
#55 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 10:52 PM Last edited by HeikeJ1964 : 14th Feb 2015 at 8:24 AM.
This lot has a special building on it ... I get this message, too
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
"This lot has a special building on it. For sims to treat this lot like the specified lot type, the special building must be removed."

I got that when I zoned a lot with no buildings but a mausoleum on it... as a graveyard.

So far, in fact, I get this message whenever I set the lot zoning of any lot with a rabbithole on it... regardless of what I set the zoning to.

Are other people getting this?

... even though I did not zone in CAW but later, on a lot I placed within the game. I tried each and every lot type (community) - the message stays the same.
It's not just that the zoning doesn't work properly, my NPC's don't come to that specific lot: though there is for example a bar, there is no bar tender; not a
single NPC is standing behind a counter in order so sell something, etc.

Two of my other lots, a Cafeteria and a Restaurant, do work, though they have several non-specific lot items / buildings on it ... so what's going on?

Edited Feb 14, 2015 09:06

Made a note of the "special buildings" (or whatever might be one) on my lot which is supposed to be a festival grounds:
(Translation from German into English not necessarily according to EA - sorry for that)

- seasons' booths
- stage and stage props
- photo booth
- face painting booth
- love-o-meter
- playground
- hot air balloon
- several tanks (water tank, silo etc. which I recoloured to match the festival theme "World Fair")
- underground station
- counters with registers
- pavillons / gazebos
- speaker's desk
- alchemy desk
- massage chair
- building that serves as a museum / fair building, containing several steampunk items as well as movie props I recoloured to match the theme, art (recoloured statues / pictures etc.)
- street lanterns, flag poles, street signs, grammophones, music box, instruments, easels (for Paris street artists), loungers, festival deco
- ats3 - Jules Verne Park stuff
- ats3 - Urban Objects (e.g. bus station, kiosk, music festival stuff etc.)
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#56 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 10:46 PM
What an ancient thread you have woken up. I can see an elevator and hot air balloon on those pictures. I can't be sure, but isn't that hot air balloon a bit dodgy? I think I read something about it behaving out of character.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:47 PM
maybe try taking the subway station out. I don't know if that would cause it, but you can try.
Page 3 of 3