Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 10:52 PM
I've been trying to get saved data into CAW for a while & today I finally, with the helpful info form CassieJ got it to work.
The world in question was one I built. I started playing world with just empty lots.EIG was not working for me.
Over time added/built on all 64 lots. After playing for awhile the resulting world became pretty unstable. I figured the world was a right off.
Found this thread & now my world has a new lease on life ;-)
I didn't change lot placement so no need to remove lots from base world file.
Long story short new world file opened in CAW with all the lots/changes from game.
Saving was a bit harrowing. Took a long time o_o. No errors. Opens & runs like any other CAW world file now.
Thank you for the info
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 8:03 AM
I've tried this before I read this post. I wanted to edited a store world, but the world.file in the Installed Worlds folder always had an error, so then I went to the saves, I saw that the world was nhd.file, but I went ahead and open to see if it worked, it loaded, and followed the tutorial on editing premade worlds. When I opened the world in CAW, there was no land, only water and empty lots. The decor and trees were there as well, but the buildings/homes, and land wasn't. I thought maybe it was CAW being glitchy and not displaying the world correctly, so I went ahead and tried to edited the world in game, but it was taking a while to load, and then it finally "Stopped Working" (crashed). After I tried it this went ahead and search the net to see if this could be done, and that's how I found this thread.

I can try again and take photos if it helps everyone to figure out how to get this working properly

Edited: Let me add that I was trying to edit Lunar Lakes.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 1:54 AM
As a couple people here have mentioned, I too have not had any luck with getting this work. The instructions as posted by Cassie are a little unclear to me. Was she talking about importing the .nhd into the world via s3pe? All that gives me is errors and I can't even open the world in CAW after doing that.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:53 PM
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 6:47 PM
Long time with no replies, but I couldnt find any other attempts at this on the net. I'm no tech person, but I was having too much fun building all these awesome lots I forgot to upload them to the bin. Then I goofed and saved with a family that I think is causing problems. My save won't open so im trying to get to those lots so I can get them in the bin.

I was able to open my save file in CAW, export the world and install it in my game using the steps posted here. When I tried to open the world in the game it took a really long time to load. Then when I clicked on anything to get started the game simply froze. I couldn't click anything or move the world around, but I could see my cursor moving. This is where I'm stuck.

I followed all the steps shared by CassieJ
For the NHD file import, which I think is were people are getting stuck, I just imported it like I did the old files into the new world files. You'll have to change the file extension when looking for the file to import it so S3PE will see it. After a long wait it merged everything.
I opened it in CAW, it took a long time again but eventually opened. I can see the lots I want ( so close!).
I tried to open from CAW to EIG but it was taking forever.
Bottom line I can see it in CAW with everything and edit.
I can open it in the game but not click anything.
The world was populated and had cc, so there's no telling why I'm stuck. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#31 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:22 AM
I want to convert my save game into a .world but I had no luck.
Can someone explain me the steps better?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goodywood
I've tried this before I read this post. I wanted to edited a store world, but the world.file in the Installed Worlds folder always had an error, so then I went to the saves, I saw that the world was nhd.file, but I went ahead and open to see if it worked, it loaded, and followed the tutorial on editing premade worlds. When I opened the world in CAW, there was no land, only water and empty lots. The decor and trees were there as well, but the buildings/homes, and land wasn't. I thought maybe it was CAW being glitchy and not displaying the world correctly, so I went ahead and tried to edited the world in game, but it was taking a while to load, and then it finally "Stopped Working" (crashed). After I tried it this went ahead and search the net to see if this could be done, and that's how I found this thread.

I can try again and take photos if it helps everyone to figure out how to get this working properly

Edited: Let me add that I was trying to edit Lunar Lakes.

I know it is a while ago but I just stumbled along your post because I am looking for a way to turn .sims3pack files into files that the CAW can handle.
(Lost a lot of stuff when I had to install my game and the CAW again but still have the .sims3pack files of some of my self made worlds. But this is another story...)

Regarding your case I guess that the problem was that you tried to edit one of the EA Store Worlds. As far as I know there is no possibility to edit them
(Lunar Lakes, Dragon Valley, Aurora Skies and so on) because EA used a kind of security system for these worlds. I guess it is because they don't want
people to give away these worlds for free (what you could do when you could load them in CAW) and so they blocked this for the Store Worlds.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Forum Resident
#33 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 2:19 AM
You're right Beltanefire, there is something blocking your ability to open the store worlds up in s3pe, but you can fix it by running the .world through Pescado's TS3 Recompressor first. Here's a link to the Recompressor. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15129.0.html

I have instructions here for using it for store worlds: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12994957
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CassieJ
Hi, so sorry just to jump in when it's been dead for a bit but I think I might possibly have worked out how to do it...

Basically I followed the instructions to open the custom file which are posted in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=416989 (this is the above mentioned thread but I thought I'd put it in again)
But, before I opened the new world file in CAW again (after importing the other world - step 4) I also found the .nhd file for my world which was in Local Disk>The Sims 3>Saves>Name of world and imported that into a different folder (I think that that means you can change the landscape without worrying about stuff but I am writing this as I do it for the first time...)

I then opened up the original version of that world that I made in CAW and removed the Lots layer when doing Step 4 (I've changed the sizes of some of mine and moved them around, although I don't know how much of a difference this makes)
Then I imported both folders into the new world file in S3PE, (hopefully) effectively combining the houses, sims and households with the landscape.
(The .nhd file definitely works because I imported that first and opened it in CAW, only to have trees and lots floating in mid air, so fingers crossed the landscape will work too!...)

HOWEVER, I don't know whether this will work for the pre-made worlds, because the one I was doing this with was a world that I had already made in CAW (EA's programming might mess around with this...)

I don't know if anyone still needs it, but I will post again saying whether it works or not...

Either way, hope it helped!!

hello, and sorry for jumping in the conversation after like 3 years... can you please post this with more clear instructions? i'm new in caw and i really need more step to step guidance for this... i really want to do this! thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 11:06 AM
This thread may help @rockfantasy8
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942

If you follow that thread and figure out how to open up a world in CAW, you'll then be able to apply that to importing the .nhd file from a save into a world.

I don't know of anyone who has written a step by step guide to importing the .nhd, and it will be a little bit of trial and error as CassieJ's post is from a while ago and there have been many updates to the game and CAW since then.
Page 2 of 2