Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2015 at 2:30 AM
Created world not showing in game - help!
I have never before not been able to solve a sims 3 by combing through forums; however, I fear I am at my wits end...

Earlier today I decided that my previously made and installed world was not up to scratch so decided to edit and reinstall. Stupidly, I didn't uninstall the original version of it from my game before installing the new one. Whilst this isn't usually a problem as I just create a new world and overwrite my old one as I have multiple times before, I accidentally loaded my save game and the two conflicted: I could see my save game with the old layout, yet the lots from the new game were visible too. I hastily quit the game (without saving) and reloaded to create a new game; however, when selecting my world I received the message "a serious error has occurred" and my world would not load. I then, again stupidly, deleted my world of course meaning I could no longer play the save game and I did it from the 'installed worlds' folder instead of from the launcher, so the world still appears in the 'installed content' section of the launcher despite me having deleted all trace of my world from the sims3 folder (save files kept on desktop)... Now, whatever I do, and under whatever name I try and install my world, it does not show in my game! I would really like to not start my game from scratch as I probably have hundreds upon hundreds of cc installed, all used in my lots which are still saved in the 'library' folder and which I absolutely refuse to lose!

Has anybody come across this anomaly or know of any way to remove the uninstalled content from the launcher without starting all over again and having to reload everything or know of any reason my world would not show in game?

If I'm forced I will just start from scratch, transferring only my library, and reload all custom content; however, I'd rather not as I fear I may have misplaced some of the cc files and I'm worried my edited world will not work...

I do have the original caw file and the save games, but reinstalling the former and putting the latter back into the sims 3 folder does not work and the save game refuses to load.

Thanks in advance,

Jess
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 7:48 PM
I would try manually deleting all the files associated with the "old world" you're trying to install. This is any file that has the name of this world, and they're located under "Downloads", "Save Games" and "Exports." Then try re-exporting and reinstalling the new version of the world.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Sep 2015 at 11:48 PM
Moving to Create.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.