Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 8:55 PM Last edited by DeeDawg : 12th Jul 2015 at 12:06 AM.
Default [v1.0.0.0] DeeDawg's Improved Edit In CAS
Description
This mod provide you with the ability to edit existing Sims in CAS. Yes, such already exists, but this is intended to be an improvement. It will fix bugs that haunt the other mods, even though it's not the authors, behind the other mods, fault. It's bugs that exist, because TSM wasn't designed to support editing existing Sims with CAS in full mode in the first place, so we have to provide the game with the power to do so successfully.

How does it work in-game?
The mod adds a new interaction to all Sims under the "DeeDawgMods" menu, called "Edit [first name] in CAS". If you use it on the active Hero, it'll use "yourself" instead of the first name.

Tunable settings
The mod supports tunable settings, and those can be found in the "DeeDawgMods.EditInCASSpace.TunableSettings" file within the mod package. Remember that TSM use the DTTB-format and not just plain XML. The settings are as follows:
  • kShowInteraction Default: true - whether or not the interaction should be shown
  • kPauseOnUse Default: true - whether or not the game should be paused before entering CAS

Current fixes
The following is a list of fixes that are currently implemented with this mod:
  • Persistent changes - certain changes, like changes to body shape, are now persistent and doesn't revert after a little while
  • Sim thumbnail - the thumbnail for the Sim you're editing is now showing up correctly

Bugs to be investigated
The following is a list of bugs to be investigated. They're not necessarily bugs that will/can be fixed, but they are considered and awaiting investigation:
  • Possible save conflict, if the mod is removed
  • Eye color is not persistent every time, possible link to the "blue eyes" bug

Special thanks
  • ChickieTeeta - helped testing the mod a while back, and convinced me to make a proper release of this mod for all to enjoy

Changelog
  • 07/01-2015 => Initial release

If you discover any bugs while using this mod to edit existing Sims in CAS, please report it in this thread and I'll add it to the bug list for further investigation.
Enjoy!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DeeDawgMods.EditInCAS.v1000.zip (3.9 KB, 11472 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Current
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 12:18 AM Last edited by Xeny : 10th Oct 2017 at 11:49 PM.
MMMMM, persistent body changes.....this is what my monarch's children have been praying for! This Watcher will no longer be forced to murder the over chubby children when grown up. I have recently been testing the grown up children from their baby stages, only allowing the mother to feed the boys, and never allowing the mother to feed the girls, choosing this method so it will be easier to determine if the feeding at baby stage is in fact a catalyst to heavy set adulthood. So far it would seem so....however, it is not always the case (this from my experience in game play), sometimes it seems that although I prevented a baby from being fed (nursed) by a mother, still some children were made obese when aged to an adult. I must say though that in those times there could have been times when the mother fed a baby when I was otherwise occupied and did not know.
On a side note, I have seen some mothers not of a baby try and feed a baby. Example, which totally appalled me was in my kingdom I am playing now, my Peteran Priest's wife, tried to breast feed her grandchild and also the child of the king on two separate occasions. I was so upset by her actions I had my Priest Lagger Beer divorce her. She being one of the most well known female NPC's in the game. Marjory I think is her first name. She has the fool trait by default. She is sweet enough as a sim goes, but that behavior was outrageous to me. I tend to take out a lot of sims in my kingdoms, meaning to have them exit the world in the most painful ways, so she can consider herself lucky to be sure. She lives.
I hope I have all the exciting possibilities this mod can provide in my game, dear DeeDawg. Thanks a ton of sims for making it!

Xeny

PS... I feel I must add that the whole idea of sims getting fat or gaining weight is foreign to me although I have read of gamers of TSM mention this event, and having put them on diets. Shimrod also has a low fat diet mod for TSM. You see, no sim in my 4 years of playing TSMP&N has ever gained weight, nor have they lost weight, so I have thought that this must have been an issue before Pirates and Nobles was released, or some other update.
I recall that in one of the updates prior to Pirates and Nobles expansion pack, one of the flaws it was supposed to fix was "fat" children were not to be created anymore, however, like most of the fixes these updates claimed they would fix, it failed. The blue-eyed bug for example was also another fix one of the updates said it would fix, but here we are today experiencing both of these bugs anyway. I tend to wonder what benefit these particular updates had or have for our game? Perhaps an overwriting of a file that says the same thing....mmmm.

TTFN Toots!

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 7:33 AM
I think I'll have to clarify something. By the changes being persistent, I do just mean that your changes won't get reverted like 10 seconds after you exit CAS. It doesn't disable any progression in regards to weight gain or anything like that, so the Sims should still be able to gain weight as usual. I dunno if weight gain is functioning properly in this game, because I usually don't keep my Sims around long enough to find out. The pit beast gotta eat, y'know. So yeah, this will certainly give you an alternative to killing your obese offspring, although that would be my choice of action anytime.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
I think I'll have to clarify something. By the changes being persistent, I do just mean that your changes won't get reverted like 10 seconds after you exit CAS. It doesn't disable any progression in regards to weight gain or anything like that, so the Sims should still be able to gain weight as usual. I dunno if weight gain is functioning properly in this game, because I usually don't keep my Sims around long enough to find out. The pit beast gotta eat, y'know. So yeah, this will certainly give you an alternative to killing your obese offspring, although that would be my choice of action anytime.

Clarification unnecessary. I understand what the mod does. As I had stated previously though concerning weight gain in-game and the lack of weight loss or weight gain occurring, I have no concern that any of the grown up children will put on weight, since I have never experienced this to happen in my game....EVER. I suppose because me sim babies are always exercising, training, beating up on the cowards and wimps etc. The concept that Griselda has to eat is true enough, but I cannot have a game sacrificing the sims I've grown to love to her, but also with the sentenced sims, the evil-doers, Griselda is no guarantee that the accused will pay for their crimes so to insure they do, and justice prevails. murder by, and execute by sword are the two most used options in the interactions menu, especially when only one sim at a time can be arrested by the Constable, and then when more than one needs a visit to the stocks or pit, I am appalled that sim 2 gets to walk out of the kingdom for home, and often will not return until 2 days have passed. By that time, this Watchers head is on other matters, and has forgotten the ills the accused committed exactly, or else am not prepared to view enacted justice, which like I said, Griselda cannot be relied upon to deliver! Often she has allowed the super guilty to skip out of justice, and what peeves me the most about it, is these ugly-hearted, cruel, and evil sims who escape get a Found Innocent buff that is long lasting and large in points. All Guilty of what is deemed a crime in my kingdoms, MUST PAY for their criminal actions!!!!

By the way, I have an aching for a different Constable. TZ Dynamics professions mod includes the Constables abilities that can be added to a sim, hero or npc if a Watcher chooses, and with my game configuration, I can also add Constable as a profession as well. I intend to test this in my game to see if multi-classing the Constable profession will work nicely in TSMP&N or if there might be issues attempting such. The default Constable is slow, misses his targets much too often, and rarely responds to any sim trying to either converse with him, medicate him, or sword fight with him. He ignores all interaction until he is returned to his shack, and a good amount of times does not come out again, and the few times he does, he is so slow, another event has taken place in which the first responder is now involved and cannot quit in order to fulfill his/her initial inquiry to the Constable. In other words, he sucks.

If any reader is interested, I'll report back my findings on a situation of having another Constable in-game when testing is complete.

TC DeeDawg, keep doing great things for TSMP&N Toots!

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 10:22 AM
Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's so nice to see that others want to improve this game as much as I do. The only problem I encountered with the other Edit in CAS mod (can't remember who made that mod), was that when I had to create a new hero. the game would hang in CAS. I would have to force the game to close, remove the Edit in CAS mod, make my hero, save, exit, then put the mod back in. It was kind of a pain.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 4:57 PM
You're welcome. I'm most certainly dedicated to develop stuff for TSM, but this is indeed a very fragile community, and eventually I will move on as well like we all will at some point. In regards to the issue you experienced with another mod, is indeed an actual risk with these mods. Much of the logic behind CAS is kept as a separate system, that we can interact and manipulate with, through the game's scripting engine. Without getting into code and programming concepts, the simplest way to explain it, would be that this logic system is in a static state. This means that whatever changes that these mods make, will also affect the main game as well. For that reason, it's not advisable to have multiple mods of this type installed at the same time. So if you've been using a mod that modified something it shouldn't, it's not a surprise that it broke the game.

You shouldn't experience this with my mod though, but please let me know if you find something else.
Theorist
#7 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 6:01 AM
I do just mean that your changes won't get reverted like 10 seconds after you exit CAS.

Praise the Watcher. *bows*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 8:00 AM
While I'm otherwise known as that, DeeDawg would do just fine. You're welcome!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 1:09 AM Last edited by heaven : 30th Jan 2015 at 1:21 AM.
Unfortunately, eye color is not persisting in my save. I tried taking this out and replacing it with Treeaq's version (and cleared my caches) since eye color changes did persist with that one. Removing your mod though caused my save to no longer load. Put your mod back in and it loaded fine.

I tried editing the sim again and this time, the eye color persisted. Not sure what the issue was last time.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 5:08 AM
Thanks for your feedback. It's interesting, although I don't see how a save would depend on this mod, I guess I'll have to see if I can reproduce it. I've added both to the list, and will get back to you when I get a chance to look into it.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 6:27 PM
Thank you very much! I have just started playing the game.. Can't figure out why your mod don't show up in game. I created folders according to the tutorial (http://modthesims.info/t/438344) except the d3dx9_31.dll part... Is that tutorial possibly outdated?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 10:50 PM
As this is a scripting mod, you will need to follow that guide to its full extent. That includes the "d3dx9_31.dll part".
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 6:59 AM
Hi DeeDawg, the only problem I've had from this mod is that the eye color always becomes dark blue no matter what, and I can't change the eye color even after exiting CAS and going back to CAS again.
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 3:12 PM
That's a bug with the game, not with this mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:04 AM
While it may be a bug with the game, so is pretty much everything else really. TSM, like TS3, is a technical mess with inconsistent quality both in design but also implementation - most of it bad. So thanks for the report, MikaelMP, I'll add it to the list and then let's see if we can do something about it. I must admit though, that I haven't worked on this project since I released it back in January, but I should get around to it eventually.
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 7:22 AM
While it may be a bug with the game, so is pretty much everything else really. TSM, like TS3, is a technical mess with inconsistent quality both in design but also implementation - most of it bad. So thanks for the report, MikaelMP, I'll add it to the list and then let's see if we can do something about it. I must admit though, that I haven't worked on this project since I released it back in January, but I should get around to it eventually.

Thanks DeeDawg, I'm just grateful that someone is still modding Sims Medieval these days XD
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 29th May 2016 at 2:12 PM
Okay, er, I hate to be a bother and I feel bad posting on an old thread, but whenever I use ANY Edit in CAS mod for this game, it works well for a few Sim minutes, but then the Sim I used it on loses its relationship window with the Sim I'm playing as both in the upper-left corner of the screen when trying to talk to them and in the relationship panel itself. My main goal in downloading this is to edit the NPCs of, say, the castle and the attendants at the churches and all that, give them a more cohesive heritage and add traits that I see fitting for them to give them personality, instead of just random weirdos that skulk around my castle that my monarch is supposedly good chums with.

I've tried three different Edit in CAS mods now: yours, Treeag's, and one that was a part of a debugging mod. I've modded my Sims games for years and I used to mod Medieval, but not as heavily as the other Sims titles, plus I've made a couple light mods for the other Sims games, but I'm fairly new to Medieval and I'm... soooo confused! I have it set up, but I have no idea if this is fixable on my own, so here I am reviving a 10 month old thread, which I do apologise for!

To be more specific, I think it might be the changing of the Sim's traits that makes it wonky, but I'm not sure. The Sim's face and body all stick (thank the Watcher/you, DeeDawg!), and the relationship panel shows how they now look, but when I hover over them to view their traits, see the relationship with my Sim, view their partner status, religion, etc., it doesn't pop up. Even worse, when I initiate conversation with them, on the upper-left corner, no LTR box pops up, which means with each social beyond the first I add, it drops out of the queue and usually the NPC then starts using a different social. So there's no real conversation string, if that makes any sense? I don't know. So I can't learn their traits and I'm not certain I could even build a romantic relationship with them at all, if I ever wanted to for some highly-unlikely reason, as I'm disdainful of NPCs in general, especially those with the Unkempt trait, blech.

I was of course testing the mod on a new kingdom and save file, and I edited the royal adviser twice and the Tredonian prince once, and I was satisfied with how they physically came out, but then... yikes, I can't do a thing with them. I saved the game, since I have nothing to lose on it, and reloaded a few times. Testing the other Edit in CAS mods to find that it's the same problem (so, basically, I'm here begging for guidance on something possibly unrelated, my apologies!), and I do think it might be editing the traits that really puts the nail in the coffin. Perhaps I should edit a Sim without editing their traits and finish typing this... Ah, okay, I tested it, and it's the trait-changing that seems to be my downfall!

So–and I really do feel bad for prolonging this, but–does anyone know how to permanently edit an NPC Sim's traits, beyond their fatal flaw, which I can access through the debugging mod? Because the Edit in CAS mod works great, as I've now seen. Thank you, DeeDawg! I've never posted much on forums, so I don't really know what I'm doing, I hope I'm not breaking rules or bothering anyone too much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 4:08 PM
Don't be afraid to post, it's great that you're reaching out. And considering that this is a thread for a download, there's really no such thing as reviving it, so no worries.

Using the currently available Edit in CAS mods, including mine, is risky as The Sims Medieval is not quite as forgiving as The Sims 3 when it comes to editing existing sims. In order to get around this, alot of the CAS-system will have to be rewritten which is a huge task. But for now, the best way not to run into problems is to use the mod to only edit things that you otherwise wouldn't be able to edit. So in your case, I wouldn't advise you to use it for editing traits. What you can do instead is to enable cheats, and then shift-click the particular sim, and you'll have an option to change their traits.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 11:10 AM
Hey, thank you so much for the response!

That suggestion's great, but I luckily found that I can edit the traits using your CAS mod, and basically everything else, as long as I use a debugging mod and change the Sim's religion of all things to whatever they were before, which sets everything straight. Odd how that worked, but I'd read someone suggesting someone did that on one of the guards they edited before, who was no longer performing their guard duties, so I thought I'd try it since I had nothing to lose. It was exactly the trick needed! So, in my experience now, you can add traits using CAS mods, but right after you should change the religion back to what it was (or change their faith, if you so wish, I doubt that would cause an issue if your Peteran Sim now became too beautiful in their own eyes to NOT convert to Jacoban). I tested it a little and it doesn't really matter if you do that before you initiate conversation with them or after. And it seems more like the Ask About Religion interaction was what would cause the disappearance of the LTR box, which I hadn't noticed. I usually ask that pretty quickly with new Sims, since I like filling up that Sim's known traits and details early on in the relationship. I just hadn't noticed the connection until after I debugged the religion. I guess editing them in CAS makes their religion change or reset or something that I don't know the technical name for, which was my problem.

So, cheers, that works! I actually didn't think to see if it WAS the traits after all, like I first thought, or simply my kingdom's general spirituality failure, meaning even if I didn't edit the traits, I'd still have to debug the religion quickly and painlessly.

Basically, I'm new and kind of clueless, so thanks for your patience and response! I love your mod. My Scottish kingdom of Calhoun is so much happier with its new, specific, in-theme townies who don't have certain traits that make me want to send them to the pit upon discovery. (I hope my words made sense, what I described, but I really don't know too much about the technical side of this game.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 1:16 AM
I don't blame you for that. Even from my point of view, or rather a programmers point of view, it's not always easy to understand what's going on.

It's true though, that the issue you experienced is related to the particular Sim's religion. The problem is that the religion is not something your able to define for your Sim through CAS. This is something that's set by the game afterwards. So when you bring an existing Sim into CAS and save your changes, the Sim is now exported from CAS without a religion set. This causes problems when the games assumes that it's set for every Sim. But that's actually only true when you edit certain things about the Sim in CAS.

This is a result of very bad software design by EAxis.
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 2:21 PM
all mods to edit them full in cast, does not work anymore. I think that they are broken. :'(
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 11:41 PM Last edited by Rappeldrache : 10th Jan 2017 at 7:33 AM.
Hi,

I really love this mods and it works fine, BUT: I can't chance clothes with it. Everything else seam to work fine.

I change the clothes in CAS but in the game it does not excapt the chances. I could use (of course) the cloth-chance possibilities with a chest, BUT: If I chance the clothes with a chest (normal way) than I can't see the locked clothes. I can see the locked clothes ONLY if I use the CAS editor and this one don't excapt the clothes chances.
Example: I chance the hair AND the clothes with the CAS Mod (both together) and than in the game the hair is chanced but NOT the clothes.

Does anyone have a idea what I could do? I would be happy to see the locked items with the normal CAS. So I would chance a Sim two times, thats ok for me.
(I have other mods like Grim's Core)

THANKS! :lovestruc

EDIT: I have ALL clothes (also the profession clothes), I just have to put this cheat in: Disableclothingfilter [true/false] .... than I can choose every look from the normal chest. And: I have to start a new game

EDIT 2: Without the mods it seem to work, with mods it don't work. I just want to have ALL clothes (profession clothes, too), but ... puhh it's not easy somehow.

Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 1:15 AM Last edited by sushiii15 : 21st Jul 2017 at 1:26 AM.
Hii,
so it's my very first time playing The Sims Medieval game, and I'm trying to use this mod to edit one of my heroes, but I have no idea how to do it. So what I did was enable testingcheat by rewriting it in notepad to testingcheats=1. Then I downloaded the deedawg mod and placed it into my Mods/package folder and I did download a resource.cfg file and it's in my sims medieval folder. So when I go into the game, and shift + right-click I don't get any edit in cas button or deedawgs drop down menu. Also I did download d3dx9_31.dll and placed it in my game/bin folder. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:06 AM
@sushiii15: You don't have to press the shift when using this mod, just left click on sim you would like to edit, and there should be a new option, called Deedawg Mods, and inside of it there's Edit *sim's name* in CAS.
Test Subject
#25 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:08 AM
Okay, so ik it's 2017 and this game isn't all that popular. But I'm just trying to download this mod and have it work. I have the two main files needed. I set up my mods folder property but I'm haveing trouble with the 'd3dx9_31' the game/bin file is non-existant, I don't know where to put it I've tried a few trial and errors but I just don't know where or what I need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1 of 2