Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 1:12 AM Last edited by terula8 : 2nd Mar 2024 at 7:17 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hit Break Point Primative when trying to feed toddler
I've tried 50/50-ing and have just not been able to isolate the issue causing this. Would love to know - it's a weird glitch, but every time I have a sim carrying a toddler go to the fridge to get a bottle for the toddler, I get the hit break point primitive error.

I'm attaching the log -I'd just like to know what's causing it so I can alter my folder according (preferably without a full reset on my neighborhood again.)
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_E001_t90989.txt (142.1 KB, 12 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 1:19 AM
Have you tried the HCDU or the "What Caused This" utilities? Those can help with sorting out any conflicting mods. HCDU with conflicts, and the other with reading object errors to see if it detects the conflict or particular mod that caused the error.

https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...CausedThis.html
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html

No idea what that error could be for, but looks more like it has to do with gravestones or a gravestone controller, or an issue with the particular lot. On first glance it doesn't look like it's something to do with toddlers.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 2:09 PM
I have - I've tried both programs to no avail. Neither one seems to pick up on what the issue is - and I've removed all of my 'mods' to test, so I'm pretty sure there's something funky with an object, I just have no idea what could be causing it. My hope was that someone might be able to parse the error log, because I honestly don't know what object could be the problem and I'd rather not pull out the whole downloads folder for this but...

Edited to add that I've also tried SiMidge, but it didn't pick up anything as far as I could tell (darn program is an absolute pain to figure out and get working.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 3:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Feb 2024 at 4:03 PM.
First of all, did you get any results from the searches? Doesn't need to be anything that makes sense, as some mods can cause issues in other places than you expect.

Second, for the "WCT" and HCDU programs, they need access to your Downloads folder, so someone else can't scan for troubles in your game.

1: Tried an EAxis fridge?
2: Can toddlers still be fed in a highchair?
3: Can the adult fetch a bottle for the toddler without picking them up? (alternatively in a highchair)
4: Is the problem only on this lot, or on other lots, too?
5: Does the problem occur with other actions, or only when fetching bottles?
6: Have you had any issues related to sims dying, sending tombstones/urns to a community graveyard, or similar - especially on this lot?

For #1, if CC fridges cause issues, it could be an EP update issue. If it's still an issue with EA fridges, it could be a mod related to fridges (or some other issue).

For #4 it's just this lot, one thing you can try is to backup your game, then move out the family, move them into a different lot, and see if the problem is gone. If it is, it's possible there's an issue with the lot itself.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 5:07 PM Last edited by terula8 : 26th Feb 2024 at 5:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
First of all, did you get any results from the searches? Doesn't need to be anything that makes sense, as some mods can cause issues in other places than you expect.

Second, for the "WCT" and HCDU programs, they need access to your Downloads folder, so someone else can't scan for troubles in your game.

1: Tried an EAxis fridge?
2: Can toddlers still be fed in a highchair?
3: Can the adult fetch a bottle for the toddler without picking them up? (alternatively in a highchair)
4: Is the problem only on this lot, or on other lots, too?
5: Does the problem occur with other actions, or only when fetching bottles?
6: Have you had any issues related to sims dying, sending tombstones/urns to a community graveyard, or similar - especially on this lot?

For #1, if CC fridges cause issues, it could be an EP update issue. If it's still an issue with EA fridges, it could be a mod related to fridges (or some other issue).

For #4 it's just this lot, one thing you can try is to backup your game, then move out the family, move them into a different lot, and see if the problem is gone. If it is, it's possible there's an issue with the lot itself.

Hmmm - you've definitely given me some ideas for ways to check on things!! Thank you for that! Sorry for being unclear as well - I didn't mean for someone else to scan for issues, I was just hoping someone could read the error log for me, I would love to learn how to make more sense of them myself, but sometimes doing so can pinpoint errors that other programs might miss.

Yep, both WCT and HDCU (and SiMidge) have scanned my downloads folder. Nothing notable has popped up, but I hadn't thought about the fridges! I'll pull my kitchens folder and see if that helps. (I separate my cc by room to make things like this easier).

1. Yes, issue persists on all EAxis fridges, but I've not tried a cc one to see - I'll test that! UPDATE: I tested this and it's ONLY MAXIS FRIDGES!!! (I'm so excited that there's possibly a solution in sight!)
2. I believe so, but I'll check that as well!
3. Yes, there's no issues fetching the bottle so long as the toddler is not being carried - the interaction that's bugged in the error log is the 'carry-toddler' interaction. Removing my toddler-related and toddler affecting mods didn't solve the issue though, so something else is definitely the culprit.
4. Every lot with a toddler on it is affected from my understanding, but I'll double check that
5. So far only when fetching bottles!
6. Not so far, the is a brand new Belladonna Cove for me, but it's worth noting!

Thank you so much for your help Simmer22! Hopefully I can find the problem - I'll report back as I test in case it's something that could affect others!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried the HCDU or the "What Caused This" utilities? Those can help with sorting out any conflicting mods. HCDU with conflicts, and the other with reading object errors to see if it detects the conflict or particular mod that caused the error.

https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...CausedThis.html
https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...s/HcduPlus.html

No idea what that error could be for, but looks more like it has to do with gravestones or a gravestone controller, or an issue with the particular lot. On first glance it doesn't look like it's something to do with toddlers.

Oh drat - that's because I'd attached the wrong error log and didn't realise. I'm sorry about that! I've swapped in the right one!

(I believe that one was because I'd yanked the food folder hoping to isolate the issue )
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 5:43 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 26th Feb 2024 at 6:37 PM.
Now the error makes more sense (I was wondering what carrying/feeding a toddler had to do with tombstones XD )

Removing custom foods can cause some trouble, as sims may have chosen custom foods as favorite food. Always make sure to backup your game before troubleshooting, because when you start pulling out stuff, some CC/mods can cause issues when removed (broken references, socials, memories, etc., and it can also cause CC references to be lost on lots and for sims if you save at the wrong time)

7: Do you have any fridge-spesific mods? (anything remotely related, such as leftovers, menus/language fixes, etc.)
8: When does the error occur? (When the sim picks up the toddler? Accessing the fridge? Grabbing the bottle? Giving it to the toddler? Other?)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 6:44 PM
I think I figured it out! I feel a bit silly actually that it took me this long - it was a cc fridge, specifically the fridge from the SDA Louisiana Set (a great set btw, but I probably messed up when I was bundling the files)

Thank you SO MUCH Simmer22!!! The issue had been occurring when the sim actually got to the fridge while holding the toddler. Instead of putting the toddler down and opening the fridge, they'd both reset, the action would drop from the queue, and I'd have to ask the sim to fetch the bottle while the toddler was on the ground to get it fed.

Initially I thought the issue only affected maxis fridges, but I was wrong. The SDA fridge was at the time, the only cc fridge I had left in game (it'd been bundled with other parts of the set, so it'd wound up staying when I removed all the other cc fridges.) When I tried sending a sim carrying a toddler to the SDA fridge, it worked!

BUT, after adding back the other cc fridges I realised they still caused the same reset issue as did the maxis fridges. So I figured I'd try it without the SDA set and bingo - we have a winner!

Ugh - such a pain, but thank you so much for your super helpful suggestions! It made it much easier to find the problem! :D
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 7:34 PM
Glad you found the problem file
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 6:11 AM
The error log just shows that the sim can't find a place to set the toddler down. This probably doesn't have anything to do with any CC or what specific fridge you used and is instead caused by whatever specific kitchen configuration you used. If I understand you correctly, you've at different times had it work with this custom fridge and also had it not work with the custom fridge, so I doubt this fridge actually has a problem.