Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 9:58 AM
Default New recolorable subset on stove
This may be a silly question. Sorry if it has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything searching the forum.

I cloned the expensive Maxis stove. Used IgnorantBliss' excellent tutorial to give it a new recolorable subset, so that the stovetop can be recolored separately from the stove body.

But now that I've started recoloring it I think I made a mistake or missed something. The stove body has two texture maps - a clean and a dirty - but the stovetop which I added only has one - the clean one. I'm guessing this will mean the stovetop will revert to the original texture when it gets dirty.

Not good. Is there a way to solve this?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 10:36 AM
I don't think it does. I have done new meshes for the stove before and all that happened was it never gets dirty - or at least doesn't appear to.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 5:28 PM
Hah! Too cool. I want a stove like that in real life.

Thank you very much Inge.