Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 6:36 PM
2 tile placement
Real quick question. Is there a way to make a 2 tile object sit on a 2 tile table by changing the weight and the placement in the BHAV or any other method? I am trying it and it isn't working so I didn't know if I am doing something wrong.

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 7:49 PM
No, it's impossible to put multi-tile objects in a slot Or, at least, noone had figured how to do it yet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 12:21 AM
ok, thank you, I was hoping that you could some how, but at least now I know and can stop racking my brain and crashing my game, lol.

I will play my sims today, then clean my house tomorrow...
Instructor
#4 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 7:31 AM
Well, you could try to imitate putting in slot, but it would take some work and playing with bhavs, and I'm not certain it would work :-<
You can create an animation which would raise your object to the table height ? put to the floor. Now, the question is where to call this animation As far as I remember, when I created napkins (matching to the 5-slot table), I tried the 'Allow object intersection' bhav, but it didn't worked. Maybe I messed up something, or maybe it's really wrong place for that. So back then I just added interactions 'Raise to table/counter/etc level'.
Maybe you'll find a better workaround.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 6:18 AM
I could be wrong and I'm sure it would depend on what you are making but couldn't you clone a one tile object, import the two tile mesh and then not fix the footprint? Wouldn't that allow placement of the object on a table?