Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 6:14 PM Last edited by downloadsforme : 30th Jul 2007 at 7:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Custom Sky - Sun/Moon/Clouds/ can it be made more realistic?
I have all the popular modding tools and customation programs for the Sims2. On random exchanges I have seen pictures of lots and neighborhoods with a custom sky, not just the stark plain light blue that is default on Sims2. The include a sun and clouds, and other elements. What I'm wondering is how to change it? Maybe a image replacement for program files, but then how do you make it perfectly seamless stretching as far as you can see on the screen? I'm racking my zombie brain trying to find a way to change it ! !

If you know how, or would like to help find out, I would would be nothing less than gracious, thank you ! !

Here is what I mean.
See example here . . .

As you can see in the picture, there are clouds, a sun, the reflection rings from the light, and every other detail the real sky outside posesses. As far as I know there has not been any public pioneering of this. Probably it is something that 'SimGods', those people that hoard all their custom treasures dont want anyone else knowing about it. But anyway, you know what I mean.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 1:14 AM
...I'm not an expert modder, but it looks to me like the sample picture you provided has been pretty heavily photoshopped. /ducks thrown objects/ I may be wrong, of course, but there are places where the edges of the building and trees look cut out.

I do know there are a variety of mods that will bring you closer to the effects that you'd like. I'm not big on them, being more interested in smaller-scale stuff, but here are a few links that might point you in the right direction:

GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.1
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101456

and chris997's New Weather atmosphere
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=187229

I make no claims as to how well these work; I just thought I'd point you in the right direction (hopefully). People with more experience with this kind of mod might be able to give you more info.

I really do think that image is photoshopped, though...
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 12:25 AM
It's not a custom sky, I have photoshop cs2 at home and this image is an photoshoped image like dvana said. its simply a filtrer in photoshop that can do that on a photo! me too I would like to know how to have a custom sky but I think its impossible... sry
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 9:03 PM
agreed, that picture of the lot is photoshopped. it's too realistic to be possible is sims 2 (not that I'm downplaying Maxis, but maybe if they make a sims 3!)

Sims 3 is reported to be released around early 2009, according to trusted source, wikipedia, and was announced in November of 2006.

For more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims#The_Sims_3