Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 5:54 PM
Default extracting objects
hi.. iam trying to extract the book and the "reward date flower bouquet." i want to know can i just clone the object and save as it is? do i have to go through all the steps of meshing and texturing(if i want to keep it same)? of course, i know the GUID has to be get new one.. i just want the book to be available in the buy mode.

There can be miracles, when you believe....
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 11:27 PM
"Extracting" game objects and make them appear in catalog can be done in two alternative ways:

1) Create a "collection" file that lets you pick the object by opening the proper collection (but still the object won't be visible in the normal catalog: only in the collection). If you browse the forums, I'm sure you will find a ready-to-use collection created by other modders (it's quite popular to "extract" object this way).

2) Extract (using SimPE) the original Object Data of the object and edit it, assigning a catalog placement; in fact the book and the reward objects don't have a "Buy" catalog placement, and this is the reason why they don't appear in catalog.
In this case, you don't need to register a new GUID: your modded Object Data will override the Maxis one, forcing the original book to appear in catalog. If you register a new GUID, you are basically creating a new object, different than the original one, and this would be useless in this case.
As an added bonus, if you don't change the GUID, the original recolours will still work for the object (for example, the book has 5 different covers to choose from).
The only side effect of leaving the original GUID is that they act as a global mod: they could be exported along with the lots you created. Therefore, if you want to share your lots, you should always check them with the Clean Installer.

Now, I'm not sure if you were just interested in having those objects or actually learn how to extract them.
If the first, then find attached a rar containing the three extracted objects (put the packages in the Downloads: you will find the book in Hobby/Knowledge, and the flowers in Decorative/Plants).

If, on the other hand, you are interested in learning the extractioin method, I can explain you the #2: just ask and I will tell you (in a couple of days ... I'm very busy these days, but I'll try and reply as soon as possible).
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Extracted_Objects.rar (751 Bytes, 44 downloads) - View custom content

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 12:55 AM
actually iam trying to do both :D
i want to make a bookshop in OFB but i want to use my own objects..
thanks, i will try the method.. i will reply if there is any problem

There can be miracles, when you believe....