Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 11:30 PM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:57 PM.
Default 2 questions [found] answer
Hi :-P

I have 2 questions:

1. How can i make a plane in Milkshape visible from both sides? If possible that is.

2. How can i safely get rid of the "view" action when cloning decorative objects?

Thanks in advance

You will find my older and newest creations here
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 8:47 AM
1. Clone your plane, move it down a slight bit (maybe 0.01, if you dont it will look weird), go to edit, then go to Vertex / Mirror Top. It should be flipped, but the normals will be screwed. But there is a tool you can use to fix that. Once you're done, just group them.

You can get the normal tool from here.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=139859

Please dont request anything to be made, but I dont mind suggestions/ideas. :)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:04 AM
2. If you haven't already got the pie menu functions file, import it and set the group to 0xFFFFFFFF. Then select "View" from the list of options on the left and uncheck all the age groups in the list. That's about as safe as it gets.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:34 AM
You can make an entire subset "double-sided", if you want: just modify the TXMT and change the "stdMatCullMode" value to "none"; this will force the game to make visible both sides of the surface (both sides will use the same UVmap). Of course, this requires an extra effort from the game engine, therefore you should use it carefully: if you need to make double-sided only a small part of the mesh, you'd better use the method explained by JohnBrehaut; or you can use (on selected facets) the "Tools -> Facets -> TwoSided" feature of UVmapper Pro.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:27 AM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:41 AM.
Thanks so much guys!! I have been dieing to know!

(i dont have uvmapper pro so the rest will do lol)

edit:Echo i am not sure i understood correctly

Is the BCON in the picture i am attaching that i need to edit and how do i unselect age groups? thank you.
Screenshots

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:48 AM
Nope, "Pie Menu Functions", aka "TTAB"
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:53 AM
Oh i knew i didn't understand LOL

Thanks xo

(ops there isn't one in my object, how do i import it and from where?)

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:01 PM
It's a standard deco object? Like a statue or a painting?

Tools, Object Tools, Import Semi-globals, PaintingGlobals (from the drop down menu), scan, uncheck all. Slide down to the bottom of the list and check the "pie menu functions" file. Import.

Remember to change the group using the "Resource" tab, because otherwise it will import the actual semi-global version.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:19 PM
Yes, it is a painting :-P .I will try that although i have a feeling i will screw things up lol But i already backed it up so.. hiihi

Thanks!

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:33 PM
Ok and do i need to change the "untitled" to something else or it works like that?

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:48 PM
Should work like that.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:49 PM
Neat :-P Need to test now lol