Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 12:53 AM
Default SimPE: Frequently need to reset layout?
I'm using SimPE 0.75.69.10, which I think is Chris Hatch's version with the 4gb patch applied.

Occasionally, it just stalls out indefinitely while trying to load a neighbourhood - it tends to get stuck on a random Sim. In this case, I go to File > Exit to close it. When I re-launch, the UI goes missing and I need to use reset layout to get it back.

Does anybody else have this issue?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 5:27 AM
With my SimPE - not the UC one cuz I don't have UC, I used to get the long pause while it's loading a hood (but from all appearances isn't loading at all, is it?) and I found that if I hit the "start" button down in object workshop and wait for it to load all the maxis stuff first, then go back up to the top and load a hood, then the hood loads up rather quickly.
Try that and see if that helps for you.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Inventor
#3 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 7:23 AM
Yes, new versions of SimPE take a long time to load. If I switch to another program because I am bored waiting, it never finishes loading and hangs with high CPU usage. If I wait patiently, it will usually finish loading. The toolbars are usually messed up after the hang. I wish the UI layout was fixed of there was a saveable workspace like in Photoshop.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 7:49 AM
Ah yeah, I noticed alt-tabbing will usually stall it too. I'll try the Object Workshop thing though and see if it helps.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:41 AM
I always set mine to start in local mode (without the file tables loaded). So if I am just looking at a file the program starts very quickly, a couple of seconds. If I want to make CC or browse hoods, I'll go to the preferences and load the file table manually. This seems to work much better for me as normal loading hangs on my elderly computer.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 2:56 PM
I find that it's necessary to keep hands completely off both keyboard and mouse while SimPE is loading. or it hangs, has to be closed, and when restarted has to have the layout reset. Finicky program! (I have the UC version without the Hatch "naughty" add-ons.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Sep 2023 at 4:38 AM
For what it matters, @Deatherella's tip about the object workshop helps, unless I accidentally alt+tab out.