Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighborhood Help Please.
So after a few years of very hard times, I get my computer back, completely useless. I just bought a brand new Omen, windows 10, 3.2 Ghz quad core, with graphics card that Best Buy says would cost me over $800 alone. Anyway, I have a child with autism and she loves the Sims 2. She won't play newer games. Two was always my favorite also. I had to buy all the games again and try to find custom content again. I had this Megahood mod before, and I really liked it,
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=301194.
I downloaded it again and installed it but for some reason it would not work. It did not show up in the start screen where you choose which neighborhood to play. What I was able to do was to copy a saved N373 I recovered from a hard drive from the other computer and paste it in the proper folders on the new computer. It worked great except that the sims in that neighborhood don't show up right because I cannot find all the same custom content. So many sites are closed. What I would like to do is to reset the N373 megahood to original for all neighborhoods(shopping districts). I don't care about trying to save any of the old sims characters, I just want to reset as if the whole game was new.
The wiki has instructions on how to reset neighborhoods but not for custom neighborhoods. I have tried to re-install the N373 Uber-Megahood several times but it will not show up unless I copy the old one into the new game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 4:11 AM
The first thing it says on that link is that you shouldn't use this version anymore. Have you tried the neighbourhoods from the link it gives you? https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:33 PM
The downloadpage of the Megahood says at the top of the description that it's better to download MeetMeAtTheRiver's clean hoods. You also have more choice there as to which hood you want as main hood and which you want as subhoods or downtowns AND has cleaned up stealth-hoods! To emulate the Megahood, download Pleasantview as your main hood and the rest as shopping districs/subhoods, except for Downtown which you probably want to keep as a downtown.
Also, hi from someone with a disorder in the autistic spectrum! Of course your daughter can play what she wants, but I do hope she finds more games to her liking some day. There are plenty of games out there that are not a sensory overload and which you can play at your own pace. Although I imagine that if she is not of average or higher intelligence and/or doesn't know English it's more difficult for her to find some.
Anyway, have fun with your megahoods, I'll include an extra link to MeetMe's downloadpage for you.

https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

Edit: ahahaha, I started writing before checking if there were any comments because there weren't any when I saw this post just before I went to bed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:40 PM
I followed that but I don;t understand exactly how to install it or use it. I am a bit confused on how or what to to install it or I would try it. Do I need to delete everything in my neighborhoods folder and replace them with the downloads? My understanding is that I need to download all the neighborhoods and replace the originals with the new ones? And this makes all of them playable in one?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:52 PM
Each hood tells you exactly where to install it to. You have to delete the original neighbourhoods first. Don't overwrite them; delete them first. Use only one as your main hood and download the others as subhoods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:24 PM
I guess what I am looking for here is clear instructions on how to install meetme's neighborhoods. After reading the threads and description I still don't know how to do this. There seems to be some issue with belladonna cove.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:23 PM
If you want to use the old one, you ought to be able to drop it into the MyDocuments/EAGAmes/TheSims2/Neighborhoods folder and it ought to show up the next time you load your game.

What's probably confusing you (and it confuses a lot of people) is that the instructions cover installation of the hoods in different formats. What Tarlia's given you there are copies of the hoods with as much of the corruption cleaned out as possible (and a few other changes; Bella in Pleasantview doesn't have a dead token and appears as a townie, for instance), available as main hoods or as subhoods. All of the premade hoods shipped with anywhere from a little to a lot of corruption, which we (and by "we" I mean programmers like the late great Mootilda) only figured out how to recognize and clean up relatively recently. We can't be sure, without the source code, that Tarlia has managed to fix it all, and the old versions are as playable as they ever were, so it's up to you whether you want the old versions or the cleaned ones.

If you don't want to replace the shipped Maxis hoods with Tarlia's cleaned versions, all you have to download and all you have to concern yourself with are the subhoods. So that's all I'll describe for you now.

To get the subhood versions into your game, you need to go into the Program files of your computer. The exact filepath will vary with your specific computer configuration and I don't have Windows 10, but you should be able to use the file browser to go to a Programs folder that has an EAGames subfolder, and from there it's EP3 OFB/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate. Inside that folder you will see a B001 folder; that's Bluewater Village. You copy all the subhood folders you downloaded from meetmetotheriver into the NeighborhoodTemplate folder, alongside B001.

Now, download the fix you find here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924 . This will allow all the subhoods you just installed to be available choices when you go to add a subhood in game. Drop it into your Downloads folder. While you're at it, go to this thread: http://modthesims.info/t/532696 and use it to get nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath, if you don't already have them; I'll tell you why in a bit.

Fire up your game, choose or create a main hood, then add a subhood and attach all the others in whatever order you like. The subhoods do not retain the scripted scenarios that run in the base game hoods, so if you want to be sure Vidcund gets abducted make Strangetown your main, if you want Mary Sue to get fired make it Pleasantview. Also, the person who shows up to shove people who look through the telescope in the daytime is the lowest-numbered person in the hood, so if Strangetown is your main Vidcund will be doing the honors, if Pleasantview is it will be Mortimer, etc. If you haven't replaced the old hoods with cleaned ones, all the mains will be more or less corrupt, with the Base Game hoods being the dodgiest, so these are all things to consider when choosing your main hood.

Once you've added all the hoods you want, you can start playing; unless you've decided to include Belladonna Cove and you're concerned about the Belladonna Cove Issue.

The Belladonna Cove Issue has to do with the graves in the neighborhood vanishing into limbo. If you want to use Belladonna Cove, you would be wise to set up the megahood, then close the game and run a program called Hoodchecker: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=456523. When you tell it to check your main hood (which will include all the subhoods, don't worry) it should run a little while, then pop up a screen asking where you want to send the graves. Choose Games End Grounds, let it finish running, and then you can load the game again and everything should be fine. If you don't get the pop up, assume the thing that goes wrong with the graves didn't go wrong, and go ahead and play anyway.

If the graves turn out not to be in Game's End Grounds, and you installed nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath, as I suggested, come back here and we'll tell you how to get all the graves back. But I think you've waited quite long enough to start playing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:36 PM
So i used Bluewater as my main hood but the others do not show up. The Universities are there, Downtown is there, Vacation spots are there but the other nieghborhoods do not show up as shopping, bluewater is listed as shopping. I did something wrong.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:49 PM
There is no main hood version of Bluewater. All the folders in the EP3 OFB/TSData/Res folder should be subhoods.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:54 PM
I have checked everything thrice and it seems that this fix is not working properly. I put it in my downloads folder http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:58 PM
Do you have a screenshot program? Perhaps pictures of where you put things and what you see on opening the game will help us figure this out.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#12 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:21 PM
Are you sure you put the shopping district versions and not the main hood versions (N001, N002, N003, etc.) into your OFB/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate folder?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:30 PM
So I downloaded all the hoods from here https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html. It says, you can now use Bluewater as your main hood. On page 2, user rin_sparrow asks "This might be a stupid question. For all the neighbourhoods, you need to delete the "original" one to replace it with one of these, right? If I make Bluewater Village my main neighbourhood, I shouldn't have to delete any existing neighbourhood, yes?" So this is what I did. I used bluewater as my main neighborhood and it shows up just fine.
I downloaded the other neighborhoods.
I put them all here , the subhood folders, \The Sims 2 OpenForBusiness\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder, there are no other folders neighborhood templat folder but the subhood folders. The game shows Bluewater village under shopping districts but the others do not show up. And I deleted the original file from this location.
The exact file location where I out all the subhood folders is C/program files(x86)/ EA Games/The SIMS2 Open For Buisiness/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate
I put the fix in Documents/EAGames/TheSims2/Downloads
I tried deleting all the files from my downloads folder except The bluewater main hood, but it did not fix it.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 7:57 PM
Why is the Bluewater Main hood in your downloads folder? It belongs in your Neighborhoods folder.

Mad Poster
#15 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 9:45 PM
Make sure you have the right versions of the neighborhoods. Tarlia offers main hood versions and "shopping district" (OFB) sub-hood versions. Some neighborhoods are also available as Downtowns. Each of the three types has a specific location that it needs to go in. If you put base hoods in the OFB template folder or sub-hoods in the base hood template folder, they probably won't show up or work properly.

The following locations are for a disk based game. If you have the Ultimate Collection, the path may be different. I'm not familiar with locations for Ultimate Collection. Make sure you move the Maxis original templates somewhere else. I don't delete these in case I need them as a backup - I just zip them and put them somewhere else on my hard drive where I won't lose them.

Main base hoods can have almost any name/number (not usually starting with "B" or "D" or "U" - see below).
Main/Base neighborhoods go in Program Files (x86)/ EA Games/The SIMS 2/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods.

OFB "shopping districts" usually have a name/number starting with "B" (B001, B993, BGWS, etc.).
Shopping Districts go in Program Files (x86)/ EA Games/The SIMS 2 Open For Business/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

Nightlife "Downtown" neighborhoods usually have a name/number starting with "D" (D001, D999, DEH4, etc.).
Downtowns go in Program Files (x86)/ EA Games/The SIMS 2 Nightlife/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate

If you ever install custom University campuses, these usually have a name/number starting with "U" (U001, UQU1, etc.)
Universities go in Program Files (x86)/ EA Games/The SIMS 2 University/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 2:01 AM
Well, still not working. I have tried everything as suggested. I have redownlaoded all the hoods, made sure each was in the right file location, the main hood shows up but none of the subhoods show up, only bluewater under shopping. I tried to create a new neighborhood but it was the same. It simply just does not work. I could not get the uber hood to work either unless I copy and paste the old one from the old computer drive I recovered, but I cannot install it fresh/new. This is a new system with Win10, I'm guessing it not compatable with 10? I dunno.....I give up....I have a life to live....lol.
I thank everyone for the help.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 3:03 AM Last edited by grammapat : 5th Apr 2018 at 3:28 AM.
So your only problem was getting the business (shopping) hoods to show up? So I assume you have the Open for Business EP. Did you download Mootilda's mod that Peni suggested? And you got the correct BUSINESS version of the hoods you want? And you put them in the C-drive location? And then when you go to pick a business hood---what happens?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#18 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 12:14 PM
Yes, good point. If you don't have Mootilda's fix for the subhood menu, you will only see the button that adds Bluewater Village. To see a list of all the available subhoods that you've put in your game, you must have these files in your Downloads folder.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
So your only problem was getting the business (shopping) hoods to show up? So I assume you have the Open for Business EP. Did you download Mootilda's mod that Peni suggested? And you got the correct BUSINESS version of the hoods you want? And you put them in the C-drive location? And then when you go to pick a business hood---what happens?

Yes, the subhoods don't show up. I put them in C/program files(x86)/ EAGames/ Sims2 Out For Buisiness/ TSdata/ Ren/ Neighborhoodtemplat
I have all the EPs and all the packs.
When I go to the newly created main hood and click on option to choose buisiness location, only bluewater shows up and the option to create a new one.
I have installed all the mods that were in the original post and also the ones that were suggested here on this thread.
Another thing happened recently, after deleting the hoods from my game folders, all the heads in CAS have dissapeared. All other CAS options are there as normal but no heads in all my neighborhoods.
I have thought about uninstalling all the games and re-installing them, again, lol. AT some point I either need to get it to work or just forget about it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Yes, good point. If you don't have Mootilda's fix for the subhood menu, you will only see the button that adds Bluewater Village. To see a list of all the available subhoods that you've put in your game, you must have these files in your Downloads folder.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=420924

I have that in my documents downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 10:09 PM
Is Mootilda's fix definitely in the right place? I have occasionally accidentally put mods into a random folder called Downloads in my documents folder. They do not simply go into any folder called downloads in your documents.
Make sure Mootilda's fix goes into a folder following this pathway (you may have to create the Downloads folder yourself, but that's okay) : documents/EA Games/The Sims 2*/Downloads
*this might vary depending on what version of the game you have
If you have extracted the files properly from the .zip, into that downloads folder the other 'hoods should be selectable as subhoods, because you've already put the subhood versions you downloaded into the right place in your C drive.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 10:44 PM
There is a main hood of Bluewater Village there, made by Tarlia. ! I saw it the other day.