Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 11:04 PM
Default For Rent Mod
We are trying to create a new ' for rent ' mod!

Right now my friend has figured out using the apartment code, so when that area is rented it grays out so you cannot see inside. We need to figure out how to set a rent for lot and make money go to sim family and not to non existent land lord. So far in testing my friend can make a whole lot rentable but you are the one renting it.

We can't figure out how to do it on a lot that's not an apartment. Like what we want is for a person to build a house. Select a room and be able to toggle that room between usable and apartment.

Any Ideas how we can figure it out or isn't it possible at all?

Greetings!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NADINE0404
We are trying to create a new ' for rent ' mod!

Right now my friend has figured out using the apartment code, so when that area is rented it grays out so you cannot see inside. We need to figure out how to set a rent for lot and make money go to sim family and not to non existent land lord. So far in testing my friend can make a whole lot rentable but you are the one renting it.

We can't figure out how to do it on a lot that's not an apartment. Like what we want is for a person to build a house. Select a room and be able to toggle that room between usable and apartment.

Any Ideas how we can figure it out or isn't it possible at all?

Greetings!

Idea? Assuming that you cannot turn a room into a pseudo zone or something like that:

Make an invisible floor tile. Attach your rent/ownership script to that tile. Cover the room you want to rent with that tile.