Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 1:02 AM Last edited by Funderberker : 17th Apr 2018 at 10:06 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 - Sims are not autonomous.
Hello! It's me! (again... )

So, I have a bug since a few days: my sims are not entirely autonomous. Let me explain, the free will is on, but sometimes my sims just stays still, and does nothing, as time passes. I say sometimes because it comes and go.

I can sometimes see their diamond or themselves kind of lagging (i would describe that to be like some kind of jump cut in a video you know, they disappear to reappear at the exact same spot but very very fast) . They can't stay sitting on a chair without doing anything (talking, eating) when they finish doing whatever they were doing sitting, they appear next to the table, standing (no animation of them getting up).
If they're having an interraction with another sims (let's say i have two sims kissing each others) the second the animation is over, I have another little jump cut and they appear facing each other in neutral position a little further away from each others.

The change happens when I downloaded a mod for a new career of Adventurer, so I erased it. It remained so I erased my others mods (I did not have that many, only ACR, and a NPC career mega pack) but it is still here. I mean it does not not allow me to play, but it's still annoying, and one of my pleasure is also seeing my sims living without me controlling every of their moves. Did anyone encounters any of these little glitches, and if yes did you manage to fix them?

I hope it was clear, english isn't my first language, feel free to ask me to reformulate.
Thanks you very much!

I don't know if it is relevant but I mention it anyways: I run the Sims 2 with Windows 10
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 2:00 AM
Let's give this a chance to be simple. Did you delete you cache files after taking the mods out?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Funderberker

It remained so I erased my others mods (I did not have that many, only ACR, and a NPC career mega pack)

Which version of ACR? 1 or 2?
Version 1 must be uninstalled from the neighborhood before you can delete it from downloads.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=19.0
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 9:39 AM
Hi! Yes Peni Griffin i deleted them, and gordyfl it was the version 2, I began to play with mods only recently
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Funderberker
Hi! Yes Peni Griffin i deleted them, and gordyfl it was the version 2, I began to play with mods only recently

Deleting should be okay then.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 2:15 PM
Do you have debug mode turned on while you're playing? (That's typing "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat box.) If not, try turning it on and playing, see if you get any error messages. If you do, error logs will be generated. You can find them in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs and you can post them here; some people who haunt this forum know how to interpret them.

Also, are the affected Sims TRULY standing still, or are they perhaps twitching or turning in place? If they are twitching/turning, this is a "jump bug" which usually means a mod conflict. Since you are new to using mods, you might have downloaded some that don't like each other.

Finally, do you have the lot debugger, AKA the "batbox?" (It's a modded object, a black cube with the Batman symbol on top.) If so, there's an option on there under "Fix" that fixes disabled autonomy if any exists on the lot. This might solve the problem, if the issue truly is that autonomy is being disabled for some reason.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 10:34 PM
LeeFish SimsWardrobe's Paladin:
Hack Conflict Detection Utility
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2063

Try it and see if it helps find it. I had the same problem and it found the conflict.