Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:13 PM
Default Planning out Wishes?
Kinda need some advice/insight. How you reserve four of slots for wishes? Do classify/divide them into cash/family-chores/career/leisure groups? Or do you go and click away just randomly? I just end up having all four promised and barely satisfying any due to time constraint and/or poor conditions that isn't the suitable place and time to fulfill any of those.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:36 PM
I usually have a planned story in my head, so I click the wishes that "go along" with the story. Not sure if that's helpful since it's so specific, but hey.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 1:16 AM
I like the wishes that give you lots of lifetime points, particularly if they relate to the Sims career. So my Sim in the Military always rolls wishes to increase her athletic and handiness skills and it pays to fulfill them.
But I do like to keep at least one slot for the casual wishes....make the bed, clean the sink kind of thing because the important wishes can take time to fulfill. Another wish I always keep is the increase cooking skill, because no matter what career your Sim has they will cook so you may as well get the points! Ironically I'm not big on spending the points once I have them, but I do want them anyway.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:05 AM
I just pick the ones I wanna do. Simple as that.
Site Helper
#5 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 3:48 AM
Yep, I'm with daisylee. Pick the ones I like; ignore (or laugh at) the ones I don't want. (Like wanting to stop being friends with the boss while you still need that relationship for the promotion you want...) I also ignore any wishes or opportunities that involve travelling, since they sometimes reset themselves when you get to where you were going and travelling has been known to reset Lifetime Wish counts. If they happen to roll a wish like that after I've already decided that they will be travelling, they can keep it in case they actually get the points from it. Otherwise it never gets promised.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 6:17 AM
I give priority to what I'm going to do, and throw away the high value dreams that are not cost effective. Example, if you're going to the ITF Bot station, just dump all the dreams. Then start on nanites. You will get a "design trait chip", add it but DON'T DO IT until all the trait chips are discovered. Then build a bot... then build two bots, then three bots then four. That completes that one. Of course, you're selling all these bots and you get some tempting bot builder career dreams. Don't fall for it! Now you start designing chips. At certain levels, you will get the dream to build a chip if you know how or not; level 7 the robo gardner and capacity to love. Skip the capacity to love chips if you don't already have a half dozen platonic love crystals; its bait! At level 8 you get the holoprojector and Sentience chip dreams. If you hadn't done the nanites first, you'd be scrambling to discover nanites as your dreams in the top cue expire.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:30 PM
Thank you guys. Is there a trick to fulfill those that glitch out ? Sometimes when a wish is promised, it doesn't get fulfilled when it should.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Site Helper
#8 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 1:42 AM
NRAAS Master Controller with Cheats.
Either re-assign the wish and try again, or give them the points that they should have gotten.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Thank you guys. Is there a trick to fulfill those that glitch out ? Sometimes when a wish is promised, it doesn't get fulfilled when it should.

There are a couple of these that come to mind because of bad software.
One is with the Gem cutter that comes with Supernatural. If you get the 'Cut gem with Gem cutting machine", and you click on the gem in your inventory and select cut gem, it won't register the dream fulfilled and it won't give you the points. You have to click on the gem machine and select the gem for getting.
The other one had to do with plumbots and a trait chips... I forgot what it was
Oh yeah, a plumbot and a trait chip walk into a bar,

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
NRAAS Master Controller with Cheats.
Either re-assign the wish and try again,...

Speak more of this. How do you reassign a wish with NRAAS master controller cheats? You can restart a dream tree, but a specific wish? That would be nice to know how to do.

Sims are better than us.
Site Helper
#11 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:40 AM
There are Lifetime Wishes that glitch, and they can be reset on the Intermediate menu on the sim so that you can try again. (Although sometimes all you need to do is reset the counter for them.) But something like having the Lifetime Wish of becoming Emperor of Evil completely vanish instead of being completed when he got that job promotion required more drastic steps, starting with putting it back and then giving him a temporary demotion with 100% Work Performance. (And about 3 backup saves before doing any of that, because I wasn't sure I knew what I was doing....)

With Normal wishes I just give them the points.