Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 9:52 PM
Default celebrity sims
this thread is to be about whether we add sim versions of celebrities to this game. actors/actresses, characters in shows/movies, politicians, athletes, etc.

me; I have not downloaded any such sims nor attempted to create any.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 9:56 PM
My 2 small cents?
I would not. Because The Sims aren't humans..and in my head, they know nothing about our celebs. What I would do, and actually plan to do, is invent..create their own celebrities. Then, make posters of them, create toys of them etc. The metal fans would get their own popular metal band...their own popular actors...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 10:03 PM
I agree with @Rosebine, although I do remember being very amused by seeing Marilyn Monroe slap Sim Sample in Sims 1.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 10:22 PM
I think it's all in how you play and what you want in your game.
I think some people might get a kick out of a Hollywood (Hollyhood?) neighborhood. I've seen stars that can be placed on Sim's sidewalks and movie set stuff. It might be loads of fun to watch Simjelina Jolie and Simbrad Pitt in a slapping match because Simjelina saw Simbrad kiss his old girlfriend Simeffer Aniston. But I can't see playing a hood like that for more than a few rounds.

In my 'hood, though, there are no celebrities. No televisions, either. Even in my modern 'hood it was rare for my Sims to own a TV.

If I were to put a celebrity in a hood, he/she would bear no resemblance to a real celeb. The celeb would likely be female, snooty, a quasi-rich Hollywood has-been who moved to the neighborhood because they could no longer afford their mansion.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Link Ninja
#5 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 10:27 PM
Nope, never used or made my own celebrity sim based on ones that exisit in our world. However like Rosbine mentioned about making her own, my game has it's own celebrities through their job positions. There's Erin Elberts, who achieved rock goddess status and her brother, Eli who made it as a professional Party guest. Anyone who is anyone has Eli at their shindigs, if they can afford him. There's also Elle King (I named her years before I knew of the real singer Elle King) who is a Broadway actress.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

#6 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 10:52 PM
Very early on I used to have to download all the real life celebrity sims so i could act them out. Of course being new to it and such when it came time to have kids and those custom skins that are tailor made to make it look like an actual britney spears and justin timberlake progeny came about it made me nearly quit playing sims entirely from the monstrosities that came out of it.

Excuse me i have to go rock myself in a corner now since it all came flooding back.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 12:12 AM
I've had Britney Spears (as a mental patient..), George Clooney, and Richard Gere as pixels-they looked very similar to their human counterparts.

All in the same game. Hollywood as a mental institution.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#8 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:08 AM
Nope, I really don't like playing with real people (o self Sims, at all); like the others sayd, I like to have my own celebrities, like well-known Sims from other neighborhoods/games: i.e. in Riverblossom my Diva/Mr.Big were Bella Goth and Don Lothario
Scholar
#9 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:17 AM
Sims being fictional human beings have their own famous people in my headcanon/game, Dr Vu as an unfortunate example. The electronic company Moneywell is a business example. I have barely any famous or celebratory type Sims or companies at the forefront of gameplay, they're almost always lurking behind the scenes (as in mainly head canonical).
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:46 AM
When I originally got the base game, one of the first things I did was make myself a set of The Monkees. I never played them outside of one early testing town though.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:15 PM
i've never played with Sims of real people, but fictional people are fair game. I've played the Simpsons (good Sims name) more than once, Also the Bennetts from Pride & Prejudice (Bingley turned out to be gay, and Darcy fell in love with Jane instead of Elizabeth) Plus of course, I have sent the crew of the Mystery Machine through Uni several times making a mini challenge of it - they had to meet and interact with at least one of all possible supernaturals during their four years AND graduate with a GPA of at least 3.8.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#12 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:32 PM
I actually rarely play celebrity sims tho I do have a few characters from movies I intend playing. I do make self sims however because my self sim and family are guaranteed a happy life. My escape from reality.

I have made a couple but mainly for others, or in the case of Meryl, as a test for the new sliders. I don't even play celebrities that are fictional in my own game. Everyone has a wonderful idyllic existence.
Theorist
#13 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:51 PM
I'm not interested in celebrities, so I don't play Sims based on them. Same with other real people or fictional characters. Playing with Sims based off myself and/or friends kinda creeps me out.
Instructor
#14 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:02 PM
Haha this takes me back to S1 when I really really really wanted my sim to be friend with Christina Aguilera.
I was 10, don't judge
Mad Poster
#15 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 6:35 PM
Way, way back when, only about a year after I started playing Sims 2, I made my own Robin Zander. (Old fart and Cheap Trick fan.) That was also around the time I made the best version of a self-Sim that I could do. No, I did not pair my self-Sim with Mr. Zander. I just wanted to see if I could make a celebrity likeness.

I couldn't. I really couldn't.

Both were terrible. Neither looked like the person they were supposed to imitate. I realized that maybe I just didn't have the talent or ability to do this sort of thing. Unfortunately, I, Mr. Zander, and all the other Sims at the time were also part of the Neighborhoods I Really Really Corrupted Because I Did Lots of VBTs, and he has long been nuked. If I have a picture of him anywhere, it has been long-buried on a backup disc. But it was so bad I wouldn't even exert the effort to find it and share it here.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 6:47 PM
I've half-considered making ones on real-life celebrities now and again, but usually decided against it for various reasons, such as being unable to make an actual likeness of them (downloading premade Sims? pffft....) and that it just felt weird.

I have made characters from video games though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 6:58 PM
I wouldn't do it now, but throughout my teenage years I created multiple sims selves (or at least sims called Claire and who looked how I wanted to look) and my celebrity crushes of the time. I'd make them as kids with their own set of parents and wait for them to bring each other home. They'd be best friends then fall in love when they were teenagers and I'd move them in together and get married straight away, have kids... then start again in a new hood as I'd either corrupt or get bored of that neighborhood. Good times, good times...
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 11:42 PM
I think I once tried to create a sim of an actor but couldn't get it right so just used him as a new resident with a different name.
I've accidentally created a couple of actresses - Julia Roberts and Franka Potente. It was when the sims aged up and they bore uncanny resemblances, but I don't think I have any pics.
But my celebrity sims are, like others have said, existing sims who have reached the top of their careers. Sebastien, for example, is a rock god that all females swoon over and he's talked and thought about wherever he goes in the community - it's pretty cool. I don't think I've had other rock gods become so popular.
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 10:09 AM
I make sims of fictional characters and celebs a lot in newer games, but I usually prefer to play with premades in TS2. I think I once made-over a townie to look like Jean Harlow...but that's about it. I also usually play Bella Goth as an in-universe superstar actress in all the games, if that counts.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 12:48 PM
I often have quite a few celebrity sims, but they're never their rl counterparts in my actual game, not since my TS1 days anyways. I'm mostly interested in their looks, and many of them I don't even know who they are myself, I just happen to see them here or somewhere else and snag them because they have an interesting facial structure. If they have cc on, they get stripped of all of that when installing them too, so even those I'm familiar with I sometimes can't make out once in CAS because they look so different.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Kunder : 12th Sep 2017 at 4:22 PM.
I Simmed Julia Roberts. Don't care for her much as an actress, but she was fun to Sim, and she turned out pretty decent. She's been reduced to an elementary school teacher in my Simsylvania hood (GO SIMBERWOLVES!).

I downloaded "William Riker", and "Dianna Troy", of Star Trek from somewhere, IDK...... I was curious to see what their kids would look like. Well, The Daughter, Valdereen, turned out really cute... Looked like mom, mostly. The boy, Walther, turned out looking like my "Pfugsley Smaddams" Sim. They both work for "Star Fleet", and run the local Y.siM.C.A. in the Ottomas Empire.

Otherwise, I prefer my Sims to have their own celebrities:

Grizzlie Ottomas (famous outdoorsman/fisherman/legendary poacher/snagger of Meadow Thayer), Ottomas Empire.

Katy Cymovic (famous model/wielder of weaponry), Smorgia.

Bob Woods (famous tinkerer/wielder of knowledge/Maxis housing inspector), almost every hood.

Havoc Pyxmyxel (Famous child protegy/wreaker of havoc/loved by all Sims). Smorgia.

India Prentiss (Famous witch/prankstress), Veronaville.

......Etc.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 10:01 PM
recently remembered:: did download the celebrities that the main site's Maxiods made; when the main site was active.

and recently downloaded the celebrities at the missmaxiod site.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:05 PM
Well, I kind of have to take back what I said about "decided against it." Because, well: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=601525

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 7:52 AM
Do historical figures count? If so, I've made one or two, as jokes 'cause I was bored.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Mad Poster
#25 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:37 AM
Not at all - I have never made celebrities or real people and don't feel the need to have either group in my game.

Pixels rule

The townies are the celebrities in my game - after all they are famous, are known everywhere, are discussed very often and can live forever
Page 1 of 2