Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 23rd May 2017 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
The child sim still stretches.

Was the child sim stretching in blender when you converted the animation?
Advertisement
Inventor
#77 Old 23rd May 2017 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sofmc9
Was the child sim stretching in blender when you converted the animation?

No. I don't think the interaction was using the converted animation. I don't know why. There is probably something that can be done with JAZZ. I just need some hours together to experiment.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Scholar
Original Poster
#78 Old 24th May 2017 at 10:59 AM
Tomorrow is my last day of exam so I'll try to help out too
Field Researcher
#79 Old 24th May 2017 at 1:50 PM
No. I don't think the interaction was using the converted animation. I don't know why. There is probably something that can be done with JAZZ. I just need some hours together to experiment.

Could it not be working because of the package's name, c2a_ ? Maybe it should be a child to child interaction.
Inventor
#80 Old 24th May 2017 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sofmc9
Could it not be working because of the package's name, c2a_ ? Maybe it should be a child to child interaction.

Huh. That's an interesting idea and worth trying.

The ones that involve casting a spell ON someone seem right. I haven't converted the _y animations required to target a child.

BUT the spellcasting loop animations used for Play With Magic don't actually have a target as far as I can tell, even though they're marked a2a. I left everything the same except the first character, but maybe that isn't enough.

Scholar
Original Poster
#81 Old 25th May 2017 at 6:48 PM
My exams are over yay tomorrow I'll install visual studio and get started.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 27th May 2017 at 3:05 PM
Huh. That's an interesting idea and worth trying.

Let us know if the problem was the package name.
: ) And that's great Skydome!
Inventor
#83 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 2:04 PM
Just wanted to note that I'm still here. I have some other obligations and haven't managed to get any JAZZ test scripts together yet, but I'm willing to jump back in when I hear from you guys.

Scholar
Original Poster
#84 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 12:47 AM
Just wanted to note that I'm still here. I have some other obligations and haven't managed to get any JAZZ test scripts together yet, but I'm willing to jump back in when I hear from you guys.

Oh that's great I'm currently experimenting with interactions. Just learned to add them recently. Haven't done too much just checking and learning right now. I haven't added any children interactions yet tho just Vampire ones.
Scholar
Original Poster
#85 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 7:24 PM
Hi
I'm working on this mod again, I've gotten way more experienced with interactions and Jazz Scripts. I've managed to make the conjure apple interaction work. I just copy pasted the code and removed the child restriction. The apple doesn't appear on the hand because I think the EA child version of the conjure apple animation doesn't have the apple.Echoweaver had previously also managed to get conjure apple work. I think we both ended up with similar results.

Currently I'm attempting the fireblast interaction. Will let you know about results.
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 11:21 PM
Ok good news the interaction is working they use the stretch animation for now. Oh and I've even made it so they can level up their spellcasting skill this way
Scholar
Original Poster
#87 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 5:02 PM
Ok so one problem that I'm having is I can't add terrain interaction or object based interaction like cast fire blast on frozen sim statue. Any idea what to do?
Scholar
Original Poster
#88 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 3:11 PM
Ok well the child sims are still using stretch animations but so far Conjure apple, Play with magic, Fire blast(On sims and floor), IceBlast(Only on Sims),Love Charm, Sunlight Charm, Motive Charms, Motive Curses, Haunting Curse, Pestilience Curse is working Yay!!

Now I'm having trouble with adding interactions to objects like Fireblast on ice statue. Conversion Ritual, Magical Upgrade etc. Can anyone give me any tip on how to add those? I've never added interactions to objects before so yea. BTW do you guys know of any mods that add interactions to objects? Can you tell me or give me links on mods like those? That would really help me out, thanks!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#89 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 3:50 PM
Ok I've got some bad news. My college exams are approaching again and I also have to do a big project so I'm taking a hiatus from this mod again I'm uploading what I've done so far. I'll be back soon. That I can guarantee. But in the mean time if anyone wants to continue they are welcome to do so, just let me know by PM or in this forum.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  KidsMagic.7z (39.0 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#90 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 6:51 AM
Converting the animations right now. One problem I have is that visual effects in the wand don't get converted. Those will have to be separately added I have to figure out how. Also the adult voices for spells won't play for the child since the child voice actor never made those I think. I'll make a Hybrid dependent version and an independent version as well since the independent version will most likely conflict with hybrid. I'm also planning on adding some new spells for witches both adult and child so this mod will be more than just enabling magic for kids.
Mad Poster
#91 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 2:39 PM
I love this thread. I have no idea what any of you are even talking about, but I love it anyway!

About the children not having spellcasting voices -- what about using the normal chat/storytelling dialogues?

Also, about mods that add interactions to objects -- there's the Transmogrifier http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=592332
What I usually do in TSRW to add functionality to decor objects (like adding WA storage or incense, etc) is add script codes to the OBJK

So I assume something similar is going on with mods like the Transmogrifier? IDEK

And YES, PLEASE add more magic options if you can!!!
Can you change the colors? Like -- beginners' magic effects is green up until around Level 5 I think, and the advanced magic has purple effects.
But what if, say, Levels 1-2 were the default/green, 3-4 were yellow, 5-6 were orange-red, 7-8 were the default/purple, and 9-10 were blue?
Or, different spells used different colors, so the fire blast used red effects, and the ice blast used blue effects?
IDK, I'm just tired of the same two colors, I guess.
Scholar
Original Poster
#92 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
I love this thread. I have no idea what any of you are even talking about, but I love it anyway!

About the children not having spellcasting voices -- what about using the normal chat/storytelling dialogues?

Also, about mods that add interactions to objects -- there's the Transmogrifier http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=592332
What I usually do in TSRW to add functionality to decor objects (like adding WA storage or incense, etc) is add script codes to the OBJK

So I assume something similar is going on with mods like the Transmogrifier? IDEK

And YES, PLEASE add more magic options if you can!!!
Can you change the colors? Like -- beginners' magic effects is green up until around Level 5 I think, and the advanced magic has purple effects.
But what if, say, Levels 1-2 were the default/green, 3-4 were yellow, 5-6 were orange-red, 7-8 were the default/purple, and 9-10 were blue?
Or, different spells used different colors, so the fire blast used red effects, and the ice blast used blue effects?
IDK, I'm just tired of the same two colors, I guess.

I'm sorry I didn't realize someone responded here. I know about the transmorgifier but it's not going to help here unfortunately
Which version of TSRW are you using btw? The one I use is so buggy and laggy? It's unusable. The colour change effects are interesting. Maybe I can give different color effects to children. I like the idea of different effects. Normal chat voices might sound weird in a spell though. Right now let's just get the animations to work right and then let's worry about the rest later. The work with the mod is moving at a steady pace. I was a bit sick(flu) last 3 days but I'm a little better today and currently working on the mod right now.
Scholar
Original Poster
#93 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:47 PM
Posting some screenshots of what I've done so far

Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#94 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 2:50 PM
The wand doesn't appear on hand right now because I haven't been able to make the sim hold the wand in blender. Apparently it becomes an accessory, I don't know how to change it to an accessory. There's also no tutorials on animations so I'm pretty much driving blind when it comes to animating with props. If anyone has any tips please let me know.
Instructor
#95 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 3:53 PM
Dunno much about animations, but this might be useful: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469283

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Scholar
Original Poster
#96 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Dunno much about animations, but this might be useful: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469283

I actually saw that long time back but currently I need to figure out how to make the sim hold the wand in blender like it was an accessory. Thank you for sending me the link regardless, if you find anything else please send that to me.
Currently this is what I can do with sims animation.
I)I can make a solo animation like make a sim dance or wave hi.
II)2(or more) person animations like boxing, handshake etc.
III)Prop animations like with bed sofa fireplace

(These are not that hard and there's a lot of tutorials on that as well)

But I now need to know how to animate with small props like making an apple appear, playing fetch with a dog, cooking animation where tray appears mid animation or the stirring animation with the spoon/spatula. This sort of thing I don't know how to do and there's no tutorials on this. These small props are different from the larger props because they act as accessory. I even found a accessorywandbasic, accessoryfetchstick in fullbuild15 and s3oc. But when I tried to import the accessorywandbasic I got an error in blender. If I want to make a spellcasting animation with the wand or say something like sword fighting animation. I'll need to know how I can do this.
If anybody has any idea how to do this please let me know. If you know of some modder who has done something like this please tell me who they are so I can talk to them.
Instructor
#97 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 5:47 PM
Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see what error Blender would throw on import. But when I cloned accessorywandbasic, there were no model resources, just the OBJD and OBJK. The OBJK points to a VPXY that S3OC cannot find. How did you even obtain the model to import into Blender?

Scholar
Original Poster
#98 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see what error Blender would throw on import. But when I cloned accessorywandbasic, there were no model resources, just the OBJD and OBJK. The OBJK points to a VPXY that S3OC cannot find. How did you even obtain the model to import into Blender?

The missing model is the problem pretty much. The error was regarding that as well lolz. I think I'll import the MLOD from classic wand to the accessorywandbasic extracted package and then try importing. I don't really know much about objects at all sigh!
Scholar
Original Poster
#99 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
The missing model is the problem pretty much. The error was regarding that as well lolz. I think I'll import the MLOD from classic wand to the accessorywandbasic extracted package and then try importing. I don't really know much about objects at all sigh!

Ok well that didn't work Aaarggh so frustrating!! I just end up with the wand in a pillow and it doesn't appear in the hand. What do you think is the problem?
Instructor
#100 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 7:19 PM
In the adult spell casting animation, the prop/accessory model that appears changes depending on the wand that's in the sim's inventory. I suspect that the actual model used by the animation varies on that basis. In MagicWand.AttemptToCastSpell, there's a line that sets a geometry state. The buyable wands have geostates that change the positioning of the wand and the visibility of the pillow. My guess would be that the buyable wands' models are used directly by the animation, but I'm not sure how this is encapsulated in such a way that the jazz script would always recognize the "wand" actor despite the various models.

Also, TS3 Blender Tools do not seem to handle geostates, despite there being a geostate editor. If you just want to get the mesh into Blender at all costs, deleting the geostates in S3PE beforehand might allow for that.

Page 4 of 8