Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 2:32 PM
The translation are correct now...

under the catalog description i've added a small note the last off the text in the description... in which it says: "allowed by the department for jobs"... i dont know what its called in english, so its what i would translate it to...

We live inside an illusion, a bubble of safety, and if this illusion is destroyed, will all the emotions of this world, destroy our minds, leaving them tormented, and insanity would rule...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 12:57 PM Last edited by kacper1703 : 14th Dec 2008 at 6:24 PM.
Default Polish translation
Title:
"Tablica ogłoszeniowa"

"ł" in character map is (Times): U+0142

Catalog Description:
"Szukając w gazecie nie znajdziesz wymarzonej pracy. W Centrum Pracy rozpoczniesz karierę, jaką chcesz."

"ą" - U+0105
"ę" - U+0119

Menu action string:
"Szukaj pracy..."

If there are any queries, feel free to ask .
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 5:01 PM
Thank you to kastel345 and kacper1703 for their translations - been slightly distracted making my latest object, but now that's it's uploaded I can get these incorporated too.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:16 PM
Thank you to ABCRic who PM-ed me a Portuguese translation. I will update the object to include this very soon.
Test Subject
#30 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 1:38 PM Last edited by CorleoneFamily : 29th Jan 2009 at 6:38 PM.
This is the Turkish translation.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  turkish translation 1.zip (316 Bytes, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CorleoneFamily
This is the Turkish translation.

Many thanks CorleoneFamily - this is interesting - can you confirm that the game can be played in Turkish? Many have been curious about the first set of languages listed in this thread and whether they are available as a language to play the game in.

Cheers
Mog
Test Subject
#32 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Many thanks CorleoneFamily - this is interesting - can you confirm that the game can be played in Turkish? Many have been curious about the first set of languages listed in this thread and whether they are available as a language to play the game in.

Cheers
Mog

I think nope. But you can do with a patch (non-official) if you speak Turkish and have no EP. It isn't updated for any EP.

But in SimPE, there is the language "Turkish" for the text lists. I don't know why it is. In conclusion, Turkish is not an installation language

EDIT: Huh? When I wrote the word "p a t c h", there came a link to EA updates.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CorleoneFamily
I think nope. But you can do with a patch (non-official) if you speak Turkish and have no EP. It isn't updated for any EP.

But in SimPE, there is the language "Turkish" for the text lists. I don't know why it is. In conclusion, Turkish is not an installation language

EDIT: Huh? When I wrote the word "p a t c h", there came a link to EA updates.

OK - that's interesting news - well since this object is Base game compatible it could be used by a person playing with such a patch and so I will add the Turkish trasnlation to the object (as I have done with Ukrainian).

Indeed SimPE has the text strings, however all the strings are in English in the Turkish set of strings, thus I am unable to steal the following two from the Maxis translations as I could for the main game languages.

Could I ask you to translate the following two strings into Turkish as well please?

"There are no more jobs available today"
"Find Pet Job For..."

Cheers
Mog
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 8:08 AM Last edited by CorleoneFamily : 1st Feb 2009 at 7:40 AM.
OK - that's interesting news - well since this object is Base game compatible it could be used by a person playing with such a patch and so I will add the Turkish trasnlation to the object (as I have done with Ukrainian).

Indeed SimPE has the text strings, however all the strings are in English in the Turkish set of strings, thus I am unable to steal the following two from the Maxis translations as I could for the main game languages.

Could I ask you to translate the following two strings into Turkish as well please?

"There are no more jobs available today"
"Find Pet Job For..."

Cheers
Mog

OK I will.

There are no more jobs available today: Bugün başka iş mevcut değil.

Find Pet Job for: Hayvan işi bul...

I couldn't add "for" word to the pie menu strings because in Turkish, the word "for" is in the back of the noun. So, sorry.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 10:00 AM
Many Many Thanks CorleoneFamily - your extra work completes the set for Turkish - much appreciated.
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 5:52 PM
Default Thai language translation
Here you go, Thai language translation

Title:
English: "Job Seeking Noticeboard"

Thai: "บอร์ดหางาน"

Catalog Description:
English: "Looking in a newspaper is unlikely to find you your dream job.
Come to the Job Centre and all your dreams (of jobs) will come true."

Thai: "ทำไมคุณถึงมัวแต่งานในหนังสือพิมพ์ ทั้งๆที่คุณอาจจะไม่ได้งานที่คุณฝันเลย ลองมาใช้งานบริษัทหางานของเราซิ แล้วคุณจะได้งานที่คุณรักและใฝ่ฝันถึง"

Menu action string:
English: "Find a Job in..."

Thai: "หางานใน..."

Cheers
Sidd.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th May 2009 at 7:47 PM
Many Thanks to siddharath for the Thai translation. All pending translations (Portuguese, Turkish and Thai) have now been uploaded as part of the object.
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:11 AM
Korean translation for job seeking noticeboard.
I am a native speaker, I hope I was of help..
Or has someone else provided the Korean one yet? I didn't notice Korean in the original downloading post.
Can you see the Korean translations???

P.S in Korean, "구인"="looking for a person for a job"
"직업"="job"
[B]
I reckon you could use either of the two, so I [B]made the "직업" version where I changed the "구인" to "직업"
... The below one is the "직업" one. Choose either.

"구인" version

Title
(used for both title in dialog and catalog object title)
"Job Seeking Noticeboard"
in Korean is
"구인 게시판"

Catalog Description
"Looking in a newspaper is unlikely to find you your dream job. Come to the Job Centre and all your dreams (of jobs) will come true."
in Korean is
"신문 구인광고로는 꿈꾸던 직업을 구하기 힘들죠. 구인 센터에 오시면 당신의 모든 (직업에 대한 ) 꿈이 이루어질 것입니다. "

Menu action string
"Find a Job in..."
in Korean is
"... 분야에서 일 찾기"

"직업" version

Title
(used for both title in dialog and catalog object title)
"Job Seeking Noticeboard"
in Korean is
"직업 찾기 게시판"

Catalog Description
"Looking in a newspaper is unlikely to find you your dream job. Come to the Job Centre and all your dreams (of jobs) will come true."
in Korean is
"신문 구인광고로는 꿈꾸던 직업을 구하기 힘들죠. 직업 센터에 오시면 당신의 모든 (직업에 대한 ) 꿈이 이루어질 것입니다. "

Menu action string
"Find a Job in..."
in Korean is
"... 분야에서 직업 찾기"
Attached files:
File Type: txt  job notice board Korean version.txt (1.4 KB, 8 downloads)
Test Subject
#39 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:14 AM
Why....

I've no idea why the letter "한" shows up as "&#54620".

Is it just me?? I'll attach a txt file.

Oh good, I spaced the "한" and the closing ")", and it works fine.

I just left the txt file, though.
Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 6:22 AM Last edited by gracepline : 13th Aug 2009 at 5:43 AM.
Oh, right.

I couldn't quite do the Korean translation right for "Find a job in...",
becuase the English structure is different from the Korean.

The Korean translation actually says "...in a job find",
since that's the best I can do right now....
I'll think about how I'll make it right for the "..." to go to the back.

or isn't it needed??
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 11:20 AM
gracepline,

Thank you so much for the Korean translations - that was one of the (very few) that I was still missing.

Regarding the "Find a job in..." question. It is needed to build a menu with two levels (see here) - so the full sentence would be (for example), "Find a job in Science" or "Find a job in Politics". The words that describe the type of job, e.g. "Science" or "Politics" are already translated in the game, but the beginning of the sentence is not since it is added by my object. So what is required is the beginning of the sentence that will end with the type of job. If it works better in Korean, you can make it a different sentence. Are any of these more suitable for translation? - clearly I don't have a clue about Korean verb structure and grammer to know if they help:-
  • Find a job in ... (the original one for reference)
  • Find for me a job of type...
  • Find me a job from ...

Essentially, so long as the sentence conveys the same overall meaning as the English one and ends with the type of job as the last word, it will work, so you have free rein as the native speaker to change it any way you want as required to fit that need.

Thank you so much for your help so far - hope my explanation made sense and you can make something that will make sense for this menu too.

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#42 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 5:48 AM
gracepline,

Thank you so much for the Korean translations - that was one of the (very few) that I was still missing.

Regarding the "Find a job in..." question. It is needed to build a menu with two levels (see here) - so the full sentence would be (for example), "Find a job in Science" or "Find a job in Politics". The words that describe the type of job, e.g. "Science" or "Politics" are already translated in the game, but the beginning of the sentence is not since it is added by my object. So what is required is the beginning of the sentence that will end with the type of job. If it works better in Korean, you can make it a different sentence. Are any of these more suitable for translation? - clearly I don't have a clue about Korean verb structure and grammer to know if they help:-
  • Find a job in ... (the original one for reference)
  • Find for me a job of type...
  • Find me a job from ...

Essentially, so long as the sentence conveys the same overall meaning as the English one and ends with the type of job as the last word, it will work, so you have free rein as the native speaker to change it any way you want as required to fit that need.

Thank you so much for your help so far - hope my explanation made sense and you can make something that will make sense for this menu too.

Cheers
Mog

thanks for the RSVP.

Find a job in ... = ...분야에서 직업 찾기
I think this would suit best.
Find for me a job of type ... = ... 분야에서 직업 찾기...

oh, they're all the same...

just go with the "...분야에서 직업 찾기", I reckon that's the most suitable one.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 5:02 PM
Many Thanks to gracepline for the Korean translation. This has now been uploaded as part of the object.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Page 2 of 2