Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 12:01 AM Last edited by heaven : 25th Aug 2016 at 12:16 AM.
Default Tomb Building in Worlds
So, my research gathered from other world builders seems to indicate that treasure spawn points will take about an in-game week to spawn treasure. Does this still hold true in 2016 (last thread I found was from 2010). Also, I've got a few other questions.
  • Keystone locked chests: I've created a couple of chests that require keystones to unlock. However, when I get to that specific room, the chests do not have a lock on them. Do these take time to "lock" as well?
  • Specific cut gems: One of my tombs requires a specific cut gem as an offering to get through a door. I used DebugEnabler to generate it, "gifted" it to the lot with a sim, and then use DebugEnabler again to save the lot to the library. When I place the lot, the gem is where it should be (both placing it in a save game and in EIG). However, once I exported the world and decided to play through the tomb to test, the gem was once again missing. Is there any way to make that stupid thing stick for good? (I checked in EIG again and it appears that the gem disappeared when I saved the world, not when I exported it - not sure if that makes a difference.)
  • Which brings up the question of art galleries - if specific art/gems/bugs don't stay on export, how does on create unique exhibits?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
So, my research gathered from other world builders seems to indicate that treasure spawn points will take about an in-game week to spawn treasure. Does this still hold true in 2016 (last thread I found was from 2010).

Unsure- need to test this!

Keystone locked chests: I've created a couple of chests that require keystones to unlock. However, when I get to that specific room, the chests do not have a lock on them. Do these take time to "lock" as well?

I could never get keystone locked chests to work- maybe someone else knows the secret?

One of my tombs requires a specific cut gem as an offering to get through a door. I used DebugEnabler to generate it, "gifted" it to the lot with a sim, and then use DebugEnabler again to save the lot to the library. When I place the lot, the gem is where it should be (both placing it in a save game and in EIG). However, once I exported the world and decided to play through the tomb to test, the gem was once again missing. Is there any way to make that stupid thing stick for good?

I don't think this is possible- all cut gems, spawned rocks etc are not carried in the world file. The game seems to treat them as non-permanent items that are specific to the savegame.

Which brings up the question of art galleries - if specific art/gems/bugs don't stay on export, how does on create unique exhibits?

I don't think you can.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 12:59 AM Last edited by heaven : 25th Aug 2016 at 2:12 AM.
Thank you for answering. I was hoping you'd see this since Jericho has a lot of tombs. Though it doesn't look good for any of my ideas, lol. EA did it with a ton of their tombs. Why can they not make detailed/straight forward tutorials for...anything? Seems like I need to rethink a lot of elements of this tomb. I already had to redo an entire puzzle room because I discovered that turning on/off lights in a tomb doesn't work, despite it being an option for a trigger.

EDIT TO ADD:

Thanks to @Diwtay there is a work-around for some of this. Export your tomb lot. Travel with a sim to a WA destination. Place your lot in the travel world. Travel home. Save again. Travel back to the same WA destination - all your treasure spawners will have spawned treasure and your keystone locked chests will have the correct lock on them. Export the properly spawned lot and, the next time you place it, those items should show up correctly.

Additionally, because my tomb was on a non-flat lot, I used NRaas Traveler to travel from one world TO my custom world and did the same steps from there. This enabled me to place it in the right spot without having to worry about the terrain dropping or raising or having wonky edges.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 2:29 PM
Hmm...after some more testing, the above workaround does not seem to work. It does lock the chests but then, when a lot with already spawned treasure is placed in a world and exported, the treasure spawners reset to empty. The other treasure (like chests and wall holes) stay set on what they should but the spawners themselves do not export properly.

So if you really want locked chests in a custom world, do the workaround first without placing/setting any treasure spawners. Then use the newly exported lot in your custom world and set the treasure after. Players will just have to wait the week (if this still works) to get treasure.

Back to the drawing board.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 3:58 PM
Thanks for the info, @heaven !

I shall have to do some playing with this. I remember trying to make a lot which was destroyed by meteorite- I could make it happen, but when I saved the destroyed lot into a world all of the meteor fragments would vanish. I tried everything I could think off! Grr.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 1:43 PM
Alright, some more news after testing.

The locked chests, despite having the lock on the front, weren't really locked. If you click the top of the chest, it lets you open it like a normal one. So really, there seems to be no point in locking chests.

Treasure spawners do spawn treasure. You don't have to wait a week. If you go to the tomb lot and save and exit and then go back, they seemed to have populated for me.

Last, set material state (on the buydebug World Adventures relics) also do not appear to stick on export. They all revert back to the default material.