Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 7:09 PM Last edited by Kabuto : 10th Feb 2007 at 11:21 PM.
SC4 objects in TS2 ???
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
Actually, it IS possible to get buildings as neighborhood decorations. I don't know about existing SC4 buildings but it definitely IS possible to get custom buildings into the game. I use 3ds Max 9. I just make my building in 3ds Max, make the textures via texture baking, then export the file as a (.obj) and import it into the game via SimPE. You can also do this with Gmax, but will need an (.obj) exporter installed and will probably need to make the texture manually (I don't think Gmax supports texture baking).

I've reached a level where I can create pretty much anything that can go into the Sims 2, so if anyone needs a hand, PM or email me and I'll try and help you out.

[...]

See, SimCity4 has only 4 views while the Sims2 is fully 3D. What I meant was, if you save the original mesh used in a custom BAT (I use 3ds Max and it's not possible with Gmax unless you have a (.obj) exporter) you can put it in the game via SimPE.

You would, of course, need to UV map the entire building and make a texture (it's quite time consuming).

Also, I would suggest using the Optimize modifier to reduce the poly count as the Sims2 is a low poly game.

Is there a tutorial which explain how import SC4 buildings in TS2 ?

MTS2 modders, did you talk about it with SC4 modders ???
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 2:59 AM
The only thing I ever got imported from SC4 was the terrain, the roads and some trees.

But making neighborhood objects, as pointed out in the text you quoted, is very possible, and some such objects can be found here. I posted a crude leaning tower object some time back to prove the point. You just have to create a mesh and texture yourself (no 'build mode' available).

<* Wes *>
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 7:35 PM
Well, It's nice to know that, .obj give us many possibilities !