Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#676 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 7:53 PM
"They wont be animals, the animals will be hiding in the woods. They will be more scared than we are. A bunch of strangers have just invaded their habitats and we didnt do quitely either, the plane crash would have startled most of the animals. Prehaps I should go with you, just incase. I mean like for protection reasons" Olivia turned around when she heard Matthew's voice.

"Oh could you please?" she was terribly frightened, these were the times when the most deadly of animals were alert. "They aren't that far ahead, maybe about 11 yards away." she couldn't quite make out any of Matthew's facial details, let alone see where she was going. "Do you see anything?" she said brushing her hands against something to her left.

The First Time I saw him....I knew he was the one.
Currently:A Model.
Advertisement
Instructor
#677 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 9:28 PM
"Do you see anything?" she said brushing her hands against something to her left. "Nah the bloody smoke is it my eyes. Cant make out anything." Matthew said brushing his hair out his eyes. "Thats look like a bloke over there" Matthew shouted pointing at a outline of a man.
"Come on hurry up, we will get out most of this smoke if we run." Matthew told Olivia and began to pound towards the figures in the distance.
Alchemist
#678 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 9:38 PM
As the warmth of sunshine waned in the sky above, turbulent clouds gathered in clusters, bearing gloomily and heavily upon their heads. Noon had passed long before, and dusk was approaching...with it, no doubt the beginning of yet another restless night.

No storm the island could unleash on the Island quite matched the ravaging tides of Lilith's emotions which churned inside her like a maelstrom; her chest rose and descended heavily, and a cold pallor crept across her cheeks. The fact that Derrik kept his silence was almost too difficult to bear, a stillness which seemed to stretch into infinity and plagued her mind with worry: what was he thinking? Could Ellie's unwitting remark have shattered his resolve to keep fighting? It was then that Lilith realized with a sudden shock how little she actually knew this man: having passed through hell and heaven together had brought them close, and yet they remained, technically, little more than strangers. There was so much they would have to learn about eachother, something Lilith was willing to try.

"I want to be your guy" Derrik said seriously and wrapped his arms around her, "and I want us to have some sort of future Lilith, even if kids and marriage isn't what you want."

Somewhere between relief and numbness, Lilith held on to him as tightly as she could, shivering slightly: in her haste to follow, she had not bothered to change out of her wet top and undies. Despite that, she felt the heat rising in her face as she rested it tiredly on Derrik's shoulder, sniffing back a few tears. Marriage, kids...those were things regular people dreamed about: she barely dared to say with certainty she would outlive that week. It was, perhaps, the reason why she had given herself so fully to this relationship, without a thought for consequences. She simply knew there may not be time later on. Derrik's words, however, brought a sense of cohesion to their affair: maybe it was meant to be, after all. Or it could have been....if they found a way to get back to the civilized world.

“Well, I never said that”, Lilith said very quietly and smiled, biting down on her lower lip. It wasn't often that she exhibited such vulnerability, and had they not been alone, she probably would never have said the following words: “I am no child anymore either, Derrik...I'm 29, as of today. You're not the only one with a considerable age gap from everyone else on this island who are just starting out their lives. You don't know this, but I've been married before; it didn't last long. I didn't think I would consider giving marriage another go, but I admit, I really want us to have a different kind of future, a normal life, with a house and electricity and central heating!” She laughed briefly and added: “Kids would come too, if that's what we wanted. After what happened with your wife and Stacy, I imagined those were the last things on your mind!”

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#679 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 11:29 AM
Derrik's chest that had been tightening considerably since he had left the clearing, was beginning gently to subside, as if the knots were unwravelling themselves. It was difficult to understand what was running through his mind: a mixture of pain, worry and just plain sadness as he clung to Lilith as if his life depended on it. After what had happened with his wife, he never dreamed he could ever let his defences down and give himself fully to another woman, but that was fast becomming the case

"No matter how desolate I seem," Derrik started with a small smile, "I really do want this relationship to work out. Not because you were here and I was bored: because this has never been that case, but because I really do love you Lilith. Marriage, kids...we don't need to be talking about that now and, providing there's a slim chance we get off this island and back to civilization, I can only dream of what we might have together..."

With a heavy pause to marvel at the significance of what he'd just said, Derrik let out a soft sigh and rested his head against Lilith's shoulder. They had been through so much together, and there was hopefully so much more to come: maybe they could have kids, and he'd always dreamed of having a wife and waking up in the morning as the kids ran into bed with them. It was a fantasy that never quite came true with his previous marraige, but maybe he and Lilith could share something similar. And he wouldn't kill for a bathtub either

"Shall we go and look for shelter then?" he asked and noticed she was shivering. Smiling, Derrik took off his sweater he had shoved on in his haste to leave the clearing and held it out for his lover. He stripped Lilith of her wet underwear and slid his sweater over her head, loving the way it began to smell like her. Thankfully he was cheering up: but he doubted skinny dipping would be something he'd be doing again for a long while, or getting naked at all for that matter
#680 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 7:22 PM
((ooc;; Arg! Lost myself *lol* Where's everyone disappeared to? Just so Ellie can come and bump in again...))
Instructor
#681 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 7:26 PM
((OOC: Funheart wud it be alright if my character rp with u. Me and Pixiedust Fairy characters are looking for other ppl on the island to get a fire started.))
Scholar
#682 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 7:32 PM
"Come on hurry up, we will get out most of this smoke if we run." Matthewsaid before running off into the distance. Olivia quickly caught on and began running after him. She had no idea where all the smoke had come from, or when it had started, but all she could do was run.

She prayed that Lilith and Derrik were ahead and not something that would lead them to a dreadful fate. In a panic Olivia started screaming all the names of the people she knew on the island, she had to be sure that it was them.

"Derrik, Lilith, Ellie, Matt? Are you guys there?" she began running faster, her heart felt as if it was going to explode at that very second. The fear and anxiety was building up in her. Olivia could no longer see Matthew which gave her a sudden jump of panic. Her voice was quivering before she continued with yelling out Matthew's name.

"Matthew, Matthew where are you!?" tears started growing in her eyes, she had no idea if she was going to make it out of this or not.

Instructor
#683 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 7:42 PM
Matthew had been running so fast he had completely lost Olivia in the smoke (coming from the plane wreckage)
Matthew, Matthew where are you!?" he heard in the distance. He guessed it must be Olivia calling for him. He struggled to make out the different shapes in the distance. One of them had to her, but which one. He made his way back slowly, his eyes stinging every second and his chest. Finally he found her, standing calling him looking scared. He walked behind her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Keep up"He told her his voice deep and manly.
Scholar
#684 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 7:48 PM
"Keep up" Matthew made Olivia jump with his calming words.

The smoke was now starting to clear up and things were starting to become more distinguished. Sure enough in the distance the shapes were Derrik and Lilith. The only problem was, was that Olivia still didn't know if they trusted her or not, so far they only seemed to trust eachother. Olivia sighed realieved that she had found the others.

They all were now in dire need of shelter. They were all standing next to a crystal clear lake, which made it seem as if the temperature was rapidly dropping around them.

"That's them, the man is Derrik and the woman is Lilith." Olivia softly said while catching her breath. "They've already seemed to have fallen in love, talking about their future children yadda..yadda..yadda." she began grasping for air again. "They probably think little of me, since I took off to see who or what was in the forrest."

Instructor
#685 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 8:02 PM
Matthew pulled Olivia by the hand, rather to roughly through the smoke. He didnt have time to lose her again. Other people started to come into sight. "That's them, the man is Derrik and the woman is Lilith. They've already seemed to have fallen in love, talking about their future children yadda..yadda..yadda.They probably think little of me, since I took off to see who or what was in the forrest."She was strugging to say her words Matthew noticed. Her breath was growing short and she was grasping at her neck. "Here" Matthew said pulling his top off and handing it to Olivia "Cover your mouth and nose with this, it will stop the smoke from getting on your chest." Matthew said, he was being helpful but the tone in his voice was flat, like a robot. He was just doing what needed to be done for them to surviour.
Alchemist
#686 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 8:08 PM
With a grateful smile and a self-disciplinary snort, Lilith accepted Derrik's comfortable sweater which fit her more like a dress, past her buttocks. Which was good, considering she really needed to strip her wet undies off which clung uncomfortably to her chilled skin.

"Thanks", she said. "Serves me right to leave my clothes behind. I'm glad you feel better and just think about it: isn't this dream, our dream, worth getting off this rock for? I know we can do it, if we work for it."

There was a sudden fire in Lilith's tone, smouldering in her eyes as she uttered those words; she had never longed to leave the island quite that much, because this time she had something to go back for. Something precious.

"Yeah, let's go find some shelter before it starts to rain...and I need my clothes" she chuckled. She found those where she had left them near the large rock by the lake, but as she dressed the smell of something burning stung her nostrils; indeed there was smoke in the air and two figures reaching through it.

Going suddenly rigid with anticipation of a possibly unwelcome pair of guests, Lilith called out sternly:

"Who's there?"

Soon enough though she recognized Olivia's golden locks and her expression softened, only to stiffen again as she noticed yet another stranger at her side. She certainly seemed to have a knack for finding them, Lilith mused idly, but withheld her comments until she had more information; they both seemed harried and gasping for breath as they emerged into the clearing.

"Hello," she said to the unknown man walking near Olivia, then gave them both a questioning gaze: "What's going on? Is there a fire?"

The thought filled her with anxiety, even more than the upcoming storm: a fire out of control could have swept through the entire camp leaving ruin behind.

Scholar
#687 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 8:14 PM
Olivia smiled when she felt Matthew take hold of her hand. Did this mean that he trusted her and was easing up? She wasn't quite sure and it was no time to be jumping to hasty conclustions. Then Matthew slowly stripped off his top and handed it to Olivia to settle her breathing, perhaps to keep her alive.

"Thank you Matthew" she managed to say through hollow breaths.

She then slowly guided Matthew up towards where Lilith was standing and warmly smiled at her.

"I've found another survivor. His name is Matthew." she then felt dumb for what she had said. "Sorry Matthew I'm sure you could have introduced yourself, I'm just so excited that we found them again." in the distance Matt was still sitting next to the waterfall, as if he hadn't moved since she left. Olivia was worried about Matt since lately he's seemed a bit unresponsive. The smell of smoke was lingering in the air, making it hard to breathe.

That's when Lilith spoke again.
Hello," Lilith said gazing at Olivia then at Matthew "What's going on? Is there a fire?"

"Yes there's a fire out there in the woods. I have no idea how it started, but Matthew here says that a part of the accident caused something to spark and the fires been growing." Olivia nervously gazed back at the smoke and feared that if they didn't get out of there soon they would be cremated alive. "So I think that it would be best we found another location, not so close to the fires." she was pushing them to move out of that area and fast!

"We should find some shelter for the night soon, before we become the meal of some deadly predator." Olivia wiped some of the dirt caked on her face off, before walking towards the waterfall.

#688 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 8:30 PM
Derrik followed Lilith very slowly back towards the lake in the clearing, still glancing around self-consciously in case anyone was looking at him: thinking about how old he was. He hated the fact that he was so nervous, when previously he had been so strong and protective, confident in his relationship with his lover and happy in it too. Ellie had crushed far more of him that she must have realized

"Derrik, Lilith, Ellie, Matt? Are you guys there?"

Busy buttoning up his shirt, Derrik's head spun around immediately at the sound of Olivia's voice, discovering she was no longer sitting with Matt but had presumably run off. Instantly he switched into 'protective' mode, and called out her name. Seconds later she appeared at their sides, panting for breath and smoke billowed around her and another new survivor. They both looked tired out, and the thick black smoke stained their clothes with soot

"We should find some shelter for the night soon, before we become the meal of some deadly predator."

"Or worse..." Derrik found himself adding, but immediately scolded himself for being so negative. He hurried over to Lilith's side and clutched his arm around her waist, looking this new survivor up and down sceptically. Hopefully he wasn't an 'Other' or anything, but then again, if not then he was still someone else that they needed to explain everything too

With pursed lips and a worried expression furrowing his brow, Derrik procceeded to gather everything they had left around: his damp boxers and Lilith's soaked underwear that he shoved together into his pocket for a later date

"Let's head out" he said comfidently, glad to have some form of self-respect back. He glanced over at Ellie who was sunning herself on the ground, and he held out his hand to help her up, "come on, let's find some shelter"

He paused and turned to Lilith, "is there anywhere around here that you know of?" he whispered, making sure the new survivor couldn't hear him and ask questions later. At the same time though, Derrik gently squeezed his lover's backside, showing that -slowly- he was starting to regather some confidence
Instructor
#689 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 8:59 PM
Olivia smiled up at Matthew when he handed her his shirt.
"Thank you Matthew" she said her breath still strained.
Matthew looked down at his chest, it was stinging badly. There was a cut on the left side, it was still bleeding like before, but prehaps not as bad. He quickly placed his hand onto of it and pretended he was coughing. He didnt want anyone to make a fuss, he would sort it out himself later. At this moment in time they had to find a way to survive.`
Olivia led Matthew to the couple in the distance.
"I've found another survivor. His name is Matthew." she said to them. Matthew was glad she had introduced him. He wasnt to keen on introductions.
"Sorry Matthew I'm sure you could have introduced yourself, I'm just so excited that we found them again."She continued and Matthew shook his head, as to say doesnt matter.
In the distance there was a man sitting next to the waterfall not moving or speaking. Matthew shrugged to himself, it was none of his business.
Hello," the other woman said gazing at Olivia then at him "What's going on? Is there a fire?"
"Yes there's a fire out there in the woods. I have no idea how it started, but Matthew here says that a part of the accident caused something to spark and the fires been growing. Olivia told the woman and gazed at the smoke looking anxious. Matthew turned around to face the woods, from which he come from. It was still alight, Matthew hoped that it would stop soon. If it didnt he didnt even wanna think of the effects that it could have on the island.
"So I think that it would be best we found another location, not so close to the fires." Olivia voice trailed, Matthew wasnt listening he had his back to her and was to busy thinking. He didnt take notice until he was being shoved forward by Olivia. Matthew stirred angrily at Olivia. Relax, he told himself. She's just trying to help.
"We should find some shelter for the night soon, before we become the meal of some deadly predator." Olivia continued. Matthew turned his face away from her and frowned. He was growing irrated by her, he didnt even no why. Everything around him irrated to him, even himself. He clicked a rock in anger and then felt his stupidity as his foot stung. He flopped down on the nearest boulder and gazed down at his chest again. He tried to wipe the blood off with his hand but the cut must have been deep, the blood keep ozzing out. "Ouch F*@!" Matthew said as he wiped his hand across his chest again, it was stinging badly.
Alchemist
#690 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 9:04 PM
"I've found another survivor. His name is Matthew."

Lilith nodded briefly in Matthew's direction; there would be time for introductions later, not to mention she was instinctively suspicous of the arrival of two new survivors in a day's time. She had trouble believing in coincidences, and while the two young men could have been entirely innocent, being cynical was Lilith's second nature. The fact that she knew for a fact she had by far not met every person working for David on and off the island gave her only half an advantage over the survivors; if the Others wanted to infiltrate their group, they would undoubtedly use someone she had never met before.

"A pleasure" she said at last with a bitter sigh, the irritation growing in her voice as the air became more and more polluted with smoke. "I'm Lilith, these are Derrik, Ellie and Matt"

"Yes there's a fire out there in the woods. I have no idea how it started, but Matthew here says that a part of the accident caused something to spark and the fires been growing."

At that, Lilith squeezed Derrik's hand tightly making him flinch under the pressure, but no outward sign of fear was shown.

"The accident happened almost a week ago", Lilith said. "I hope to God you're wrong, because if not, we might be faced with a widespread forest fire strong enough to whitstand last night's storm and the ones before that. We will not be able to outrun it. I...can only hope something was struck by lightning last night, or burst aflame because of the heat, although that may be just as dangerous for us where we stand now."

The words fell dead in the silence following them; their problem had possibly deadly implications for them all.

"Let's head out...is there anywhere around here that you know of?"

Lilith moistened her lips and shuffled her feet in agitation; her pulse kept increasing. She gave Derrik a telltale gaze, which then proceeded to move from one survivor to another, torn between converging feelings. Yes, there might have been...but were they ready to accept such help from her?

"There's nothing but jungle out there," Lilith replied. "And...you know what lies to our left" she added quietly glancing at Derrik and Ellie, meaning of course the compound. "Trees won't shield us from a fire if it continues this way. Now we could get lucky and somehow find a path to safety but then again we may not."

She paused, clearly struggling whether she should say the following words or not. If she did, there was no going back; Olivia and Ellie already knew of her past, but the two young men did not, and Matthew especially seemed in a bad mood, kicking rocks around. She was too, and for the moment she simply couldn't be bothered to restrain it. Well, their survival came first, and explanations would have to wait.

"There is a bunker, about 2 klicks away from here. It would take us dangerously close to the fire but the place's secure and underground; it's an old abandoned medical station and to my best of knowledge the generator still works, so we might be able to wait there while the flames die out...I can understand that perhaps some of you would rather not go there, trust me I wouldn't either if I didn't think it's our best shot. As for questions, I'll answer them once we're somewhere safe...

That is my suggestion. Like I said before, it's a free island, so if either of you has a better idea, please say so. We don't have a lot of time."

Lilith fell quiet, awaiting reactions and coughed a little as the smoke billowed closer.

Field Researcher
#691 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 7:30 PM
Default Indigo Rosefield
Name: Indigo Rosefield

Job: Computer Hacker- gets her money out of people's bank accounts

Biography: Indigo was incredibly unpopular as a child. She made friends via the internet and found comfort in computers. As she became older, she began needing money and through some inside friends, became a hacker. She is very mysterious and often gazes into nothingness, but when she's happy she's very happy.

Personality: Shy and mysterious, very calm and caring. She avoids arguments but if she gets into one, she really goes for it. She can seem dreamy but get her in a conversation and it becomes obvious that she is incedibly quick witted and intelligent.

Headshot:
#692 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 8:30 PM
Derrik's expression darkened and he felt himself shake slightly, but calmed himself, knowing it wouldn't help any of them if he started to panic. There was a fire closing in on them, god knows where from and the Others could be closing in on them from the other direction: damn this god forsaken island, was it always against them? He watched Lilith anxiously as she glanced between the rest of the survivors, clearly weighing up whether or not she should help. She knew the island better than any of them, but it would be for a price if they chose to turn against her

"There is a bunker, about 2 klicks away from here. It would take us dangerously close to the fire but the place's secure and underground; it's an old abandoned medical station and to my best of knowledge the generator still works, so we might be able to wait there while the flames die out...I can understand that perhaps some of you would rather not go there, trust me I wouldn't either if I didn't think it's our best shot.

Pursing his lips, Derrik squeezed back on Lilith's hand to show support, hoping he wouldn't distract her in what she needed to do. He didn't want to be her distraction, he wanted to be the guy that was there for her; the one that wasn't a total screwed up mess that he had been recently

"It's worth a shot" he said, adding his own input as he glanced between Ellie, Olivia and Matthew, knowing they would probably all have question to ask his love

She knew it too, it became obvious, quaking almost as anxiously as everyone else as she stood in the thickening smoke. Derrik paused to gather up the remaining articles of clothing and some fruit around the lake, wondering if he would ever pay a visit to it again. This place now held so many memories, so many dear times to him that he prayed would stay with him forever: their first time...a blissful escape in the darkening nightmare, and the little adventure earlier out of sight from the other survivors. This was where he felt his love for Lilith to strongest, and somehow he believed he was going to miss it

"Lets head out" he ushered, slipping his hand back into his lover's, nodding towards the others gathered that they should go, "explanations can wait" he added, looking at Matthew who was clearly new to this, "we need to get out of the smoke and I go for Lilith's idea: she knows this island better than the rest of us put together"
Field Researcher
#693 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 9:54 PM
Indigo tumbled through the forest, her vision blurred. She had been wondering like this for a few days now, she was hungry, scared, tired and lonely. She tripped over and log and landed on her front. She lay there, staring at a sideways view of the rainforest. She listened...there were murmers.
'No...' she whispered 'I'm going mad'
She couldn't figure out where they were coming from, but she heard voices, she was sure of it...she wanted to see people so badly... she needed to find those voices...she screamed.
She lay there and screamed and screamed and screamed, over and over, she needed those people to hear her, to rescue her- she was so confused.
When she could scream no longer she curled into a ball, sobbing.
'Find me' she whispered 'Find me'

(( Approachable ))
#694 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 1:50 PM
((Wow. This thread really died down...really. Why?))
Original Poster
#695 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 12:02 AM
Default Date: Unknown Time: Unknown Place: Others' base
The small dimply lit room gave space for only a few, but Others paced the room, a chair placed in the center with the figure of a man on it. It was Derrik who was on the chair, hands tied around the chair and blood dripped painfully from the long deep scar across his forehead, and a rope through his mouth to make him shut up. They had captured him, and from the long knife incision down his bleeding back - they had enjoyed it. They needed Lillith. And they needed Maria. They weren't going to be happy with only one of them. Oh no. It was them both, or nothing, well, not nothing. The death of someone who had killed one of their best men, and turned their best women against them. Noah walked to the machine, to send out messages on walkie talkies to Lillith and Maria: an item in every Other's watch strap
'We've got Derrik' he sent out with a small laugh. ' You better come to the base - alone. Or else...'
Laughs filled the room in an instant as a whip clamped down against Derrik's already bleeding back and a death defying screech echoed through the complex
'Can you hear him screem...' David laughed mockingly into the walkie talkie, '24 hours'
Even with the fun of torture,. still... David wasn't happy his daughter was alive
Alchemist
#696 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 12:24 AM
((ooc: guys, I hate to do this but I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out. Long story short, my free time has just been cut down some and two different RPs are more than I can do justice right now. I'm really sorry. It was great fun while it lasted though!))

Original Poster
#697 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 12:26 AM
((Aww i'm so sorry <3 I loved to have you in the rp. Too bad you have to leave. But real life is much more important))
#698 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 12:27 AM
ooc: *faints* :weep: omg no no no no!!! please no!!

do you have to drop out full stop?
Alchemist
#699 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 12:38 AM
((ooc: Like I said, I'm really sorry. The thread's been dying slowly for a while so I made a choice. I wish I had all the time in the world to RP, but truth is, I haven't. It's really nothing to do with anyone, this has been a lovely RP to be in, and most of you have other threads anyway so you won't really miss me. lol I just wanted to let you all know instead of making you wait for me unnecesarily.))

Original Poster
#700 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 12:40 AM
((Oh don't think we wont miss you. We will miss you! Alot! And I know it had been dying slowly and it's all my fault. But I just posted something to bring it back up.))

Page 28 of 28