Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 8:36 PM
Default EOTW RP (end of the world)
its here! the apocalypse is nigh!

Conquest,War,Pestilence,and Death sweep the lands however the earth is still turning and people are still breathing

but not for long as zombies and looters and genetically modded insane citizens roam the earth so good luck!

RULES:

the standard RP and forum rules
no godmoding at all!
genemods can not "appear " in your inv.
gene mods only last two posts
genne mod hypodermics can only be used once then another must be found

PYROHAND "burn your enemies to a crisp in 1 second" lights enemys on fire cost: $1 (standard)
free inside inv at start

FREEZER "freeze them then kick them and laugh your socks off!" freezes enemies cost $22 (rare)

OXINATOR"be as strong as an ox" improves strength by 10% cost: $ 111 (RARE AS A GOOD RESTRUANT!)

thats it! gene mods can be found on dead bodys and vending machines GOOD LUCK!
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 8:44 PM
Uhmmm.... More info please? What's the objective, what kind of characters are there, where are we, etc etc? 'Huh?', basically...

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 8:49 PM
objective:survive!

characters: any kind human robot anything!

Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 8:52 PM
Yeah, but survive HOW? What's the plot? Just run around and interact? What's the threat? Who will play it? I mean... Just... what?

Sorry, but this doesn't seem like a very well planned RP... :/ You're just not being very informative...

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 8:55 PM
heres my application!

name: john
strengths:is extremely agile
weaknesses:has a dual personality wich turns him from nice to and evil malicous murderer
history: was locked up in simcity asylum at 18 nothing else is known
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Atropa
Yeah, but survive HOW? What's the plot? Just run around and interact? What's the threat? Who will play it? I mean... Just... what?

Sorry, but this doesn't seem like a very well planned RP... :/ You're just not being very informative...

the threat is zombies and crazy gene modded citizens and you must survire by getting to the bus depot butremeber after you win som others will be still fighting you can come back to the rp with an old or new character however will you explot the citizens by killing them and stealing all you can or will you take the moral high ground? the way to the bus depot is blocked but every monday a chalange will be posted wich will get you just a little closer to the exit!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 11:40 AM
so nobody likes this? DAMN! you never tell me anything useful! in my wcif NOBODY! posted anything useful !!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 1:04 PM
Well, like I said, it needs to be well planned, and well explained. To me, right now, it's just VERY confusing.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#9 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 4:09 PM
This is a good basic idea, but it's all gone a bit muddly, if you like, you could PM and I'll write you a plan then you can tweak it as you wish.
#10 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 6:12 PM
I think it's a good idea for a RP Kinda sci-fi, apocalpyse thriller... this could have potential.

The problem is you haven't gone into excruciating detail about it. You may know exactly what happens in your head, but we have no idea.. Have you had a look at some other successful RPs and read the first posts of them? They tend to go on for quite a while explaining every last area in minute detail. Most people don't read all of it, but it's there if they get confused with anything or 'just-in-case'. You wouldn't join a fanclub without knowing who it was for and how often they got together, right?

But keep with RPing. Maybe you could start it off as a solo or closed RP, and as more people get the jist of the idea, they'll join too :P
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 6:37 PM
Well, maybe if you weren't so pissy about it, people would help you. But instead, you expect everything for nothing.
#12 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 9:03 PM
Reminds me of Bioshock, heheh.

But anywaaay... I agree with the others. Not very well planned and... I'm confused.
Inventor
#13 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 9:11 PM
It's a good idea, I love the idea of an apocalypse RP. and I would definitely join if it was done a little better. You might want to try opening word pad and outlining the whole thing (Rules, Application, Back story, plot,etc). Look at some of the other popular RPs if you need some ideas of how to improve it, and make sure to use proper punctuation and spelling. Good luck, it really was a good idea.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anne
Reminds me of Bioshock, heheh.

But anywaaay... I agree with the others. Not very well planned and... I'm confused.

thats what i based it on!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 1:14 PM
You... want people to be confused? I mean, I know it's nice to have a sense of "what's gonna happen next?" in a story, but you have to at least set out a basic outline of where this is taking place, what do you mean by gene mods, how much money a character starts with to buy the gene mod, how they can earn/lose money etc.

This whole idea about buying from vending machines and inventories makes me think you're basing this off some Resident Evil-type game, so maybe you can turn to those to get some ideas on how to flesh out your premise.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 2:47 PM
http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=53037

Please read the rules before posting new RP ideas - we have a relatively new rule addendum. Specifically, points 3 and 5 apply here.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.