Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 2:42 PM
Default Croatoan - They've been found! Post #274

Welcome to Roanoke City, a town where everyone is on a first name basis. It is full of heritage and culture, dating back to the 16th Century. Whether you have recently moved in or you have lived there your whole life, acceptance is bountiful.

You receive a letter in the mail one day amongst the bills and it strikes your interest. Opening it up, you are surprised to discover it is an invitation.

You are extremely happy to go on this cruise, even if you have family. After all, it’s just a couple nights! You board the ship and three days later you return to your ultimate nightmare.

Everyone in Roanoke is gone. Well, so you all think. The town is still in tact, all that is left is an eerie wind howling down the streets. There are 16 more of you, and you all decide to band together and look around the town. On every single lamp post there is the scratched writing “Croatoan”. What is Croatoan? Where are all the residents of this once busy town? You all head for the main road and find it is guarded by pale residents with black eyes. They were once your friends, and they refuse to let you leave. They have caught the Croatoan virus.

RULES:
1. No Godmodding or Godmoding. Leave other characters alone.
2. No profanity. It will not be toleration. Please, use asterisks or substitute words.
3. Avoid obviously obscene content. Yes, we all know romances are going to spark, so just try not to be blatant.
4. Your character must be a SIM. This will mean unity all round. =) Please respect my decision.

ROLEPLAY:
You must try to survive in a dead town that you can’t leave, without new supplies. I will post events occasionally. Try to unravel the mystery behind the legend and don’t catch the virus! Only 10 people that weren’t on the cruise are allowed to survive, and 5 people can have the virus to start with. This can branch if you would like your character to get infected.

THE VIRUS:
Is a demonic infection that sucks out all emotion. All you feel is hate and greed. Your sole goal is to infect the survivors. It is spread through the blood.

APPLICATION:

You may post more than one character, but they must be in separate categories. Please post what category your character falls under.

Name:
Short Bio (please include whether you had a family in Roanoke and their information):

Head Shot:

THE CRUISE SHIP CHARACTERS:
/Closed for submission/
1. Nova Kaine (19)
2. Andrew Joseph Griffin (18)
3. Ebony Green (31)
4. Lijlina Stambolovic (29)
5. Laura Hart (23)
6. Aeryn Lake (19)
7. Daan Dagon (17)
8. Ava Blackwood (26)
9. Dominic Ricconi (33)
10. Alexis Dawncall (19)

THE SURVIVORS:
/Open for submission/
1. Daniel Le Farge (35) - DROPPED OUT
2. Annalisa Vanderwald (21)
3. Alyssa Iero (17)

THE INFECTED:
/Open for submission/
1. The guys at the gate.
2. Matt Johnson (Ebony's boyfriend)
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 2:49 PM
Default Scenarios
Scenario 1: RP CLOSED!
It is a couple days before the cruise and your character is living their life as per usual. What dramas will life bring? How petty the troubles will seem after they return from the cruise.
This RP will last from Sunday, 6th Jan - Wednesday, 9th Jan

Scenario 2: RP CLOSING!
You board the cruise ship and meet some old friends and some new ones. Get settled in and even perhaps indulge yourself in a new romance! There is a pool, dining hall, tennis court and lounge for your enjoyment purposes, along with a front deck.

Scenario 3:
Ebony and Laura are assisted off the ship with an "emergency" at 3:00pm.
"Nurse. Hart, Dr. Green, you're needed."
Thinking it is a simple car crash, they calmly disembark with their luggage in a tow. Shortly after that, the other cruisers disembark and find the two women in shock. The town is empty, and there are many of their previous neighbours ripping apart well beloved residents. In the hospital, there are some of the demonic affected strapped into the chairs, most of them hospital staff.
This is a permanent storyline. The cruise ship director is quick to warn the cruise shippers not to let themselves get cut by anything. The safest place to go is the Green mansion, at the very outskirts of town, due to it's size.
Inventor
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2008 at 6:43 PM
Name: Nova Kaine
Short Bio: Nova was abandoned as an infant.
She was moved from foster home to foster home
until she was adopted at age 8. She always felt
out of place and was often teased for being different.
When she was 17 she fond her birth mother lived in
Roanoke. When she recieved the invitation she though
it was the perfect opportunity to meet her mother
and find out more about her past.

Ingame pic soon.
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 12:29 AM
Thanks for joining!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 9:28 AM
Have you seen "I am Legend" Bexstar? The basic idea is very similar, though the context of the film was alright. I'm thinking of joining, although I think there might be a slow start since its only just after Christmas and also, my game hasn't worked in ages. But I'll try to come up with something.
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 10:26 AM
Actually, Burnziiy, this is based on the Supernatural episode aptly named "Croatoan". But I did notice that some things are similar.

Thanks for joining, Faye. =)

Name: Ebony Green
Short Bio: Ebony has lived in Roanoke since she was five. She was a straight-A, typicial over achiever who didn't have many friends. College wasn't much different, and she landed a job in the Roanoke Mental Health Institution almost two months after she graduated. She now works at the Roanoke Medical Clinic, where she helps trauma victims. Ebony left her boyfriend to go on the free luxury cruise. She has discovered that her partner is infected with the virus and he is intent on infecting her.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:02 AM
Default Lijlina Stambolovic - Survivor
Name: Lijlina Stambolovic

Short Bio: Lijlina, commonly called Lina, was born in Belgrade then moved with her parents to France where she became a citizen. Her father was Serbian and quite older than her Albanian mother, giving the house-hold a tense feeling as Lina grew up. She soon became familiar and even accepting of this friction in the world, not only because she lived with it amongst her family, but also because her father, Joseph, introduced the politics of the world, talking to her about such subjects as the war in Sarajevo, Republika Srpska and Bosnia. Her occupation is a large part of her life, working almost non-stop. She is fluent in Serbo-Croat, French and English, whilst she also speaks German, Albanian and Italian. Lina is currently visiting a friend, Vanja, in Raonoke for a few months and recieved the cruise ticket as a gift from Vanja as she would not be able to go herself.

Head Shot:
Scholar
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:10 AM
((Bec, 'tis my newest addiction, and it be roleplaying! TA-DAH, pic coming soon))

Name: Laura Hart
Short Bio: No one knows much about Laura, or where she came from, or even her full name, so they just nicknamed her Laura Hart. Laura appears as sweet, friendly and charming, but they say, it's not always as it seems. She moved to Roanoke a few months ago, and is the town sweetheart. She was awarded a free ticket on board the cruise ship since the mayor liked her so much, so she managed to survive.

Head Shot:

Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:14 AM
Thanks for joining, guys. There seems to be a lot of charries with something to do with Roanoke Medical Center. xD It needs to be a sim, Erica. I should go add that to the OP.
Scholar
#10 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:41 AM
((Lol, Bec, >.<

Sorry, I was a bit confused since one of the other posters posted a real person - Kat Von D I think? So I thought the same too. Anyway, I have just finish creating a sim, she looks like a simmified version of Kelly Osbourne in the jawline and eyes, but I love her all the same <3

Yay, self-indulgence!!))
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 11:56 PM
Name: Aeryn lake
Short Bio: Aeryn is a look on the bright side of life kind of girl. her mother and father died in a tragic accident when she was younger and she was raised by her older sister, Abby who is one of the missing in Raonoke. Aeryn is a natural survivor and can be strong-minded when she wants to be, always thinking of the group.
She was surprised to receive the ticket, and as no-one was able to go with her was unsure about going but was persuaded by her sister to treat herself.

Head Shot:
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 12:16 AM
Thanks for joining, Davoxx!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 12:25 AM
Name: Daan Dagon
Short Bio: Daan isn't very known in school and has a wry coy about him. He has a certain style that is not often portrayed in his social life, making him a conspicuous compared to his peers. Daan though reserved is strong-willed and has a violent temper when under too much stress and pressure.

Daan lost his only sister, who he was very close to when coming back to Raonoke. Losing his father nearly phased him. His feeble relationship with his father only troubled him through his childhood and whithered soon through his teens. Receiving the ticket to the cruise seemed to be a new start for Daan and took it as a great experience but when coming home to an abandoned city of steel was not only troubling but terrifying.

Head Shot:
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 12:29 AM
Thanks for joining!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 2:18 AM
I will probably join, but a question first. If we want to be one of the survivors and not someone on the cruise do we not post our app now? Because one of the people who wanted to be a survivor (I think [I misremeber who]) is listed as on the cruise ship, and I have no interest in that at teh nonce. Thanks!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#16 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 2:20 AM
This sounds extremely interesting! Is it O.K. if I join without any experience in RPs on this site? I apologize if the application is bad

Name: Andrew Joseph Griffin
Short Bio: Andrew, or as he would rather be known as A.J. is and always has been known as nervous and a bit antisocial, which led has led to his difficulty to make friends. He had been attending private Catholic schooling along with his three younger sisters, until his parents passed through Roanoke for vacation and fell in love with the city near the end of his Sophmore year. As soon as school was over for summer break his family moved to Roanoke.
A.J. usually keeps to himself and is a bit serious, somehow able to maintain a unreadable face and monotone until he gets to know and like the person. Always courteous and well-meaning, he tends to agree with whatever everyone else wants but does have an opinion which he nearly always keeps to himself (because he thinks disagreeing may be taken as rude) and if asked how he is will always say "I am fine." even if he isn;t. In addition, he is also slightly paranoid and tries to think of every possible situation that can happen so that he will be prepared. Somehow, he has developed a bit of a sadistic imagination and is obsessed with Apocalyptic events which has fueled somewhat his desire to be a writer.

Despite his worse qualities if someone takes their time to know him, he can warm up and may even show a part of himself that people didn't know existed. His parents immediately prompted him to go on the cruise thinking it would help him be more social. They trust him enough to know that he won't do anything regretable.

Headshot:

Is this O.K.?
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 9:13 AM
Quote:
If we want to be one of the survivors and not someone on the cruise do we not post our app now?

You most certainly do. But remember to add into your post that your character was not on the cruise ship.

Quote:
Because one of the people who wanted to be a survivor (I think [I misremeber who]) is listed as on the cruise ship.

Really? Can this person PM me? =)

NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
Quote:
You may post more than one character, but they must be in separate categories. Please post what category your character falls under.

Just a simple line in your brief bio like, "[name] was not on the cruise ship and somehow managed to survive". I would really appreciate the help in sorting out who is in what category. Simply not saying they had a ticket isn't gonna help.
Original Poster
#18 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:27 AM
So sorry Faye! Blonde moment on my behalf. It's fixed now.

EDIT: Everything should be fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience to all, I'll try to stop being such a ditz. =)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 1:42 PM
cant wait for this rp to start looks really interesting :nod:
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 1:56 PM
We need 9 applications until the Cruise Shippers can start. The applications will remain open until the cruise is over for the Survivors and Infected. =) If you would like, you could briefly RP the day before Aeryn gets on the cruise.
#21 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 3:32 AM
Is it sad that I have been returning to this thread about every half an hour to see if anyone else posted and watch the Supernatural episode twice today? I can't wait for this RP to start.....

Also, we are allowed to RP before the cruise, right? Could we interact with others as we make our way to the cruise instead of us just being by ourselves. It sounded like you said we could role-play by ourselves. I probably misinterpruted but just wanted to make sure.
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 3:48 AM
If someone is willing to RP with you (namely me =P) then sure. I love that episode of Supernatural, but it's not my favourite admittedly. It's not sad at all, I'm glad people have actually shown an interest in this RP! I'm just going to go up to post #2 and change the first scenario. You can RP now. =)
Scholar
#23 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 3:52 AM
YAY. I can't wait to start RP'ing, I'll get my sim's pic up soon but I've been too lazy, lol.
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 3:54 AM
((OOC bubbles on, please. =D Scenario one can begin!))
Scholar
#25 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 3:58 AM
((OOC BUBBLES ACTIVATE...hehe.))

"Hey Ebony, didja get a letter too?" Laura said, pointing to a letter, "Free cruise! Are you going?" Laura could barely contain her excitement, but sometimes it could be mistaken for being annoying. She was sweet, but sometimes a bit of a pain in the you-know-what.

Page 1 of 10