Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 2:23 PM Last edited by Sim2Davide : 23rd Dec 2009 at 10:34 PM.
Default Unofficial Expansion Pack
Hello everyone! Who among you would create an expansion (the ninth) pack the sims 2?
The theme is the life of luxury, you can go on holiday in France or in Egypt, you will become a star, etc. .... expansion can be created by changing SimPE with various things .... I tried to create a work and I had put some object and desire ... who want to participate?
We need those who achieve
-Mod (to put new features)
-objects or recolor
-clothes
-users that do not create too much but can create images

logo of the expansion:
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 3:20 AM
Hi Davide,

A long while ago we had a forum for project proposals, and out of many dozens of proposals, unfortunately I can just about count on one hand the number of projects which actually made it through to completion. The projects which succeeded had a few things in common:

- They had a very clear, well defined and popular theme
- They had a project leader who had significant experience with at least one aspect of TS2 modding (for example, object meshing, or BHAVs, or BodyShop meshing), as well as some knowledge of a few other kinds of TS2 modding
- They had a whole lot of time spare

If you are trying to recruit a team, then perhaps you could expound on how you intend to deal with those three things.

For example, for the first point you could give some examples of the sort of content you want to create - clothes, objects, lots, neighbourhoods, etc, along with some pictures of the sort of look and feel you are aiming for. For the second, you could give examples of content you've previously made for TS2, or if you haven't got much TS2-specific experience, links to meshes or art which you have created for some other game or medium. At the least, explain what particular skills you can bring to the project. If the only skills you have to offer are ideas, then unfortunately that makes this a request thread rather than a recruitment thread, and request threads are against the rules.

For the third point, you should say how long you intend to dedicate to this project. Do you intend to have something to release in 6 months? 9 months? 12 months?

Best of luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 1:38 PM
Hello! Here's some news on the expansion:
Name: The Sims 2 Splendid Life (in English it sounds bad to say beautiful life is preferable but other issues-especially for the logo-I decided to call it that!)
Description: The Sims 2 Unofficial Expansion Pack Splendid Life is different from other unofficial expansions! This fact in addition to giving some more than 60 new items added 1 new Champs Les Sims (similar to TS3 World Adventures from which you can admire the Tour Eiffel and even get in! I've created I tower!) and a sub-district in the Egyptian theme.
In this expansion in addition to various tourist destinations (which will add a world adventures of The Sims 2) reached by bus or by plane, we come across in search of the mysterious objects! One of them, placed for example inside a pyramid, turn your sim into a mummy!
Among the new careers will need to create one of exploration, but also a hollywood you can visit it a second sub-district in the American style from which you can admire the Statue of Liberty and you can also get into this, but only if you find the door magic, you can get 15,000 points with aspiration.
A novelty will be the fair, but the rides!
Also you can visit the main tourist attractions on board a "Fast Train" One of these I've already created in the French Quarter .... passes beneath the Eiffel Tower, it's nice to see him at night, lights of red and white and blue! (the 3 colors of France!)

Items: Certain items, if possible if users will agree, will be taken from ModTheSims2, others will be created by the staff of the game.
I've got some created ....
Now I am working on the French Quarter ...

If you have other questions I will be here to answer you!

This post have been translated using google so if there are mistakes it is not my fault I'm going to hurry and do not have time to do the manual translation from English!
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 3:53 PM
Wow this sounds good.
I would help but I can't do modding or anything so :/
But goodluck anyway :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sophieellx
Wow this sounds good.
I would help but I can't do modding or anything so :/
But goodluck anyway :D

Send PM!

I also added the logo of the expansion!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 1:34 AM
Davide, some of the things you've mentioned are incredibly hard to do. I mean incredibly hard. I could only think of three or four people capable of making some of these mods, and most of them are retired or playing TS3 now.

You haven't previously uploaded anything to MTS2, so I would still like to know what (if any) experience in Sims2 modding you have which would allow you to create this kind of stuff? Do you have lot building experience? That would be a good place to start.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 8:33 AM
Yes, yes I know creating mod ... But not the objects because they are not doing ... I prefer mesh recolor!
I've already started building the expansion: France is almost over! The graphics too! There are only objects, clothes, the other 2 districts (Egypt and America), and careers!

The music I'm thinking too! I created the tone of the expansion! I recuperto new songs from the Internet instead Simlish ^ '^!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 9:33 AM
Sim2Davide, you didn't really answer Echo's question - what, exactly can you do? You are a little bit hard to understand but did you mean that all you can do (or what you prefer to do) is mesh recolors? Because to be honest, for a project of this magnitude, that's not enough - not nearly. The things you're wanting to do, as Echo says, are VERY difficult and not something most people can do.

For a project this big and difficult, you really need to know how to do the hardest stuff - or at least a good portion of it and willing to learn more. Because to say "I'll make object recolours and I can make music and a logo," while needing people to make all the rest of it really isn't going to work - it sounds like "I'll make the simple stuff and I need someone else to do the real modding." Big group projects that are successful in making something as complex as what you're looking for have a leader like, well... like Echo - someone who can make the complicated stuff that requires a lot of detailed modding. As a creator, I would not sign on to a project led by someone who apparently has never made anything (or never shared anything they made anyway).
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 10:43 AM
Can you show us screenshots of what you've made? Just curious.

Also,

Quote: Originally posted by Sim2Davide
also a hollywood you can visit it a second sub-district in the American style from which you can admire the Statue of Liberty

Just so you know, you can't admire the Statue of Liberty from Hollywood. The Statue is in New York, which is on the opposite side of America from Hollywood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Sim2Davide, you didn't really answer Echo's question - what, exactly can you do? You are a little bit hard to understand but did you mean that all you can do (or what you prefer to do) is mesh recolors? Because to be honest, for a project of this magnitude, that's not enough - not nearly. The things you're wanting to do, as Echo says, are VERY difficult and not something most people can do.

For a project this big and difficult, you really need to know how to do the hardest stuff - or at least a good portion of it and willing to learn more. Because to say "I'll make object recolours and I can make music and a logo," while needing people to make all the rest of it really isn't going to work - it sounds like "I'll make the simple stuff and I need someone else to do the real modding." Big group projects that are successful in making something as complex as what you're looking for have a leader like, well... like Echo - someone who can make the complicated stuff that requires a lot of detailed modding. As a creator, I would not sign on to a project led by someone who apparently has never made anything (or never shared anything they made anyway).

I know the geography! I decided to include in the neighborhood many American monuments America! I'll put lots of photos soon! Are currently busy with Christmas preparations!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim2Davide
Yes, yes I know creating mod ... But not the objects because they are not doing ... I prefer mesh recolor!
I've already started building the expansion: France is almost over! The graphics too! There are only objects, clothes, the other 2 districts (Egypt and America), and careers!

The music I'm thinking too! I created the tone of the expansion! I recuperto new songs from the Internet instead Simlish ^ '^!

We misunderstood ... (the translator of google translate things wrong sometimes)
I want to create and do everything for this expansion! Not only are the easy things but also those difficult sopprattutto! Obviously not as good at all, everyone has a specialty, one area that some, if they will, others will take care of Mod recolor eccetera.Io I will cover it all! Neighborhoods, mod, create objects etc..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

The neighborhood is named Sim Town, there will be a studio (not a reproduction of Hollywood but New yotk, but there will also be a career themed Hollywood Producer!)

If you are curious about it I'll be at your disposal to answer?

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Dec 2009 at 10:10 AM Last edited by Sim2Davide : 25th Dec 2009 at 9:51 PM.
Today I put the first preview photo of the expansion

Merry Christmas to all users of MTS2

Scholar
#14 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 3:32 AM
I'm sorry, this doesn't look very serious. You still don't answer basic questions. You don't show us what you're capable of or what you've already done, only a quick made "logo".
This is for sure not enough...
have you any idea what involvement is needed to make such a project become real ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#15 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 4:02 AM
I am locking this thread since you have not shown any actual content for the game. If you would like to create a modding team, you can post in Creator Issues with the names of the members who will be on the team along with your modding groups name.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Not a proposal forum