Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2018 at 12:34 AM
Sims 4 Cel Shaded Comic Style Feel!
Heya, I was wondering if anyone can make a cel shaded reshade or sweetfx or whatever you need to to give Sims 4 a comic cel shaded look? I just really love that style such as Borderlands and Telltale, and they have a comic style theme while cel shading can give a similar theme to a game. Reply to this if will make this or a mod similar to the sorts, would be great to see something that gives off that comic vibe/style as I just love how it looks, and that Sims 4 is a cartoonic game that would surely help it look more comic style than other sims games. I know that its not too hard, so if your up to something new to give the Sims 4 a different look, please consider this
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th May 2018 at 4:56 AM
A moderator will probably close this soon as no requests are allowed here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
A moderator will probably close this soon as no requests are allowed here.
Oh then where can I request stuff? I am new to this :/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:04 AM
This site doesn't have a request forum, and doesn't allow unsolicited requests.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...968#post4303968

You can look in this thread to see if there are any creators offering what you want:
https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533538
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This site doesn't have a request forum, and doesn't allow unsolicited requests.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...968#post4303968

You can look in this thread to see if there are any creators offering what you want:
https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=533538
Well that really sucks, couldn't find anything and this site doesn't have an active request thread like it does for MTS2, I guess MTS4 is somewhat kinda new, perhaps they just forgot to add one yet? Also, If Im being offensive, Im not trying to Im just new to this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2018 at 12:37 AM
Opps, Im not sure if I deleted my reply or a post : /
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th May 2018 at 10:03 AM
No, there are no requests allowed on this site for any game- Sims 1, 2 3 or 4.

Many years ago there was a requests thread, but it led to argument and hurt feelings, so that's why there is the 'no requests' rule now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
No, there are no requests allowed on this site for any game- Sims 1, 2 3 or 4.

Many years ago there was a requests thread, but it led to argument and hurt feelings, so that's why there is the 'no requests' rule now.
Thats... Uh huh. So people got hurt feelings and because of that they removed request? Its been awhile, maybe get someone to monitor it to keep people from feeling bad and get up a new request post? If not, then what site can I go to for Sims 4 that has requests?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:26 PM
You gotta search on your own I guess. There IS users that do requests on this site tho, but there might be a slim chance of one who does what you asked for. SweetFX really does not fall into category of 'creators' content. It's something you gotta do yourself.

And I'm sure that request threads have big reasons for not making a return in years on this site.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
You gotta search on your own I guess. There IS users that do requests on this site tho, but there might be a slim chance of one who does what you asked for. SweetFX really does not fall into category of 'creators' content. It's something you gotta do yourself.

And I'm sure that request threads have big reasons for not making a return in years on this site.
Well, do know anyone at all that takes request or works at that field?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th May 2018 at 8:54 PM
If this is something you want that much and it can be done, learn how to do it. If you have issues you can ask for help in the creator section I would imagine. You said it is "not too hard" to do, so give it a try if this is that important to you. If you know enough to know that it is not that difficult, then start working on it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:51 PM
If this is something you want that much and it can be done, learn how to do it. If you have issues you can ask for help in the creator section I would imagine. You said it is "not too hard" to do, so give it a try if this is that important to you. If you know enough to know that it is not that difficult, then start working on it.
I did, I tried, thats why Im here asking if anyone else can do it, I just can't seem to find anything at all that would work, and I have tons of stuff on my free time, I was able get to the options that add cel shading for Fallout New Vegas, got close but then color was weird and the cel shading was barely their and I used using sweetfx or reshade for it, but I want to do it for Sims 4 but I just can't do successfully for that either as it seems nobody knows how to. Anyone, thanks for trying to help this lost cause : /
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:58 PM
I really don't know where to find a suitable posting forum sub-section, but the one i find most close to this matter would be "Help" section. If anyone is willing to help you, they will be there.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:19 AM
I know zero about this, but do you know if the mechanics/graphics of Sims 4 even will accommodate this? Game engines/programming vary as we know. Something that can be done in another game may or may not be possible in this game. My suggestion is just enjoy Sims as done, and when you want that, enjoy it in the games that have it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th May 2018 at 12:19 PM
I know zero about this, but do you know if the mechanics/graphics of Sims 4 even will accommodate this? Game engines/programming vary as we know. Something that can be done in another game may or may not be possible in this game. My suggestion is just enjoy Sims as done, and when you want that, enjoy it in the games that have it.
Well Im atleast attempting I know Reshade is available for Sims 4 but I dunno if Sweetfx is, but I do know its possible with one of those.
Instructor
#16 Old 14th May 2018 at 3:50 AM
I'm almost positive I've seen people using SweetFX with Sims 4, but I don't remember seeing a cel shading preset.