Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:52 PM
Default How do you use ILSpy? .Net Reflector is too expensive.
I would need a good free alternative to .Net Reflector and ILSpy looks like a good alternative,however I don't know how to use it or to get it to work with decompiling the Sims 3 dll files. https://github.com/icsharpcode/ILSpy#ilspy-------.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 23rd May 2018 at 7:11 PM
just get the release from here https://github.com/icsharpcode/ILSp..._3.1.0.3652.zip and run ilspy (right mouse button and open with ilspy on your dll files)

I never used anything but ilspy so i cant compare it to reflector but i really like ilspy for uhm looking stuff up
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2018 at 9:45 PM
Thank you. I'm was getting tired of being restricted to the game's programming so I really would like to get into programming for this game. I know that I should start on something simple but I don't know where to begin because I have absolutely no programming experience and just looking at all the code that I saw seen people write online is really intimidating for my brain because I could never really understand any of it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:24 PM
If you start to learn programming which language you learn is not important because the logic is quite similar. If you start directly with C# you might be able to start directly with Sims, but I find the resources for it limited. I like Codecademy.com a lot, but it does not have C#. But it has Java which is similar to C#. I then did some codinggames on codingame.com and then worked through the script modding tutorials on this site.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:09 AM
Do they require you to pay money to learn? I don't have any money.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th May 2018 at 6:32 AM
There is a Pro offer where you pay money and get access to help via live chat and some exclusive stuff, but the main materials of codecademy.com are free and enough to learn the basics. I think codingames business model is to let the companies who hire the best people there pay them, because I have never seen any mention of me paying them..