Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 9:05 PM
Default stuff packs
I know if I google Ikea and Teen style SPs I will see a lot, but I don't know what source is SAFE. I'm willing to pay, of course.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 9:39 PM
Just look on eBay.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 9:56 PM
I did, but I also read there can be problems.. guess there is no really "safe" source.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 12:38 AM
Or look on Amazon I have use them for Sims EP just make sure even if it's on eBay that the SP or EP came with a booklet that hold the code you will need to use, when installing.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 1:57 AM
I second joandsarah. I rec’d my authentic UC download from EBay with instant access & zero problems. Also, it was an amazing deal! GL.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 3:49 AM
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...sims+2&_sacat=0

Just make sure they come with the code that is all you need other than the disks.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 4:15 AM
Buy from a seller with a good rep and make sure they say the code is there, and if it's cheap enough it's worth the risk.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 3:53 PM
And of course, make sure it's from the correct region!
Alchemist
#9 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 9:22 PM
last I checked, all packs were available through Amazon.

or if you do an internet search, main thing to check for probably should be if the code is included.
though pack's manual in good condition might be better than code.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:08 PM
I bought the 2 SPs via E-bay, so will just have to wait to see what I get. Um, "correct region"?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:14 PM
I think they mean if you buy from say a French seller the pack will come in French for example. As far as I know disks from other countries should work okay. DVD's have regions and a US DVD (region 1) won't work on our region 4 DVD players. We bought a multiplayer to get around that. I didn't think computer drives had regions though-although I am not sure on that.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#12 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Um, "correct region"?
not sure, but the member might have meant the region of where you live.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:18 PM
as in, language?

Field Researcher
#14 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
as in, language?

Yes, quite apart from different languages both US English and International English versions exist. They default to different timekeeping (12/24 hour clock), and it's better to stick to the same one all the way.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 12:49 PM
Nope, I meant what Jo meant... mostly. I live in Europe, so I need to get media for Region 2 OR I need to make sure it's a PAL disc/cassette/whatever. I have a lovely set of Gargoyle Season 2 DVDs that I can't use because they're NTSC.