Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 7:05 PM
Default Teens operate fine in households without adults, correct?
Before I make a game revolving around private school teens in their own respective households, I just want to be sure they can take care of themselves for the most part. Are there any limitations I should be concerned about? There will be no adults except maybe one faculty household but still separate from the teen students.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 7:24 PM
They can do pretty much everything an adult can, except getting full-time jobs and woohooing/try for a baby without mods.
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
They can do pretty much everything an adult can, except getting full-time jobs and woohooing/try for a baby without mods.

Though the adult is going to have to have an "accident" because the game doesn't allow teens to move in by their lone-some.

@preten (I forgot to spell the rest)
That brings up another thing, teens can live by themselves and do almost everything an adult can do, but they cannot move again till one of them is an adult.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Though the adult is going to have to have an "accident" because the game doesn't allow teens to move in by their lone-some.

@preten (I forgot to spell the rest)
That brings up another thing, teens can live by themselves and do almost everything an adult can do, but they cannot move again till one of them is an adult.

Oh its fine! I know I'm gonna have to stick an adult in the family and then delete them.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 8:43 PM
Dumb question but how about creating the teen as an adult and then aging them down with cheats?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#6 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Oh its fine! I know I'm gonna have to stick an adult in the family and then delete them.

There's also a Nraas mod that enables teen households with no adults, not sure which one, but I think it's either story progression or master controller.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Dumb question but how about creating the teen as an adult and then aging them down with cheats?

I've done this method and it would probably be easier. I'm wondering whether I'll make my teens in edit world CAS or go through Nraas's create-a-sim after placing randoms.
I may do the latter instead. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 9:10 PM
Just make a draft version of your Sim, chuck them into the house, then age 'em down and finetune them to your liking.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
But what happens if your teen stays out late and the cops take them home? No one to lecture them at home.

Get them an adult cat to fulfill that role.

NRaas MasterController plus the MC Integration add-on module will allow the creation of a household headed by a teen. NRaas Mover will (by option) allow such households to move, split, and blend. The game itself and story progression of any kind should leave them alone, it's when the household is headed by a child or younger that things tend to fall apart or the household is dissolved when they are left inactive (not being actively played) for even a moment with the game clock paused.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:59 PM
But what happens if your teen stays out late and the cops take them home? No one to lecture them at home.

Apparently the cop gives them a stern talk on the way home because they still get the motive as if they had parents at home waiting for them. Now why the cop does the same thing to my lone child rather than calling child protection services, I have no idea.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 5:10 PM
Speaking of that, surely there's a "no curfew" mod somewhere? I for one do not feel like having my teens live in a fascist state.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Apparently the cop gives them a stern talk on the way home because they still get the motive as if they had parents at home waiting for them. Now why the cop does the same thing to my lone child rather than calling child protection services, I have no idea.

Maybe they've already undergone the emancipation process.. (The social workers are too late muahahahah!)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 11:24 PM
We were having a discussion about this on one of the Discords just today, what we're missing in The Sims. It was pointed out that Sims seem kinda racist against supernaturals in both TS3 and TS4, but we agreed that that's a good thing. Racism, while hard to justify, can be a fun thing to have in a Sims game. And I've been told someone in the TS4 community has been working on a mod to give Sims AIDS. I like that Sims can get mugged on the subway. It's good that it's not all roses and sunshine.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 1:19 AM
I do prefer to think of my occult sims as misunderstood minorities perhaps, but not sure that rises to the level of racism.

NRaas Vector has an optional module that provides for SIV, transmitted only through woohoo. It's not a fatal disease, but it's pretty debilitating when sims suffer from bouts of it on and off and I do not believe there is a cure.
Site Helper
#17 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 7:54 PM
(To answer the other question, I know there is a no curfew mod, but I don't remember where it was.)

Sims in my games have a perfectly good reason to be worried about or prejudiced against Occult sims. I have never made a human sim yet, even when all I had was base game and its bright blue or bright red skintones and my imagination. Then I started getting mods and branched out even farther.

"Non-humans are taking over the world! We must fight back!"

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 8:25 PM
I made a fairy once. It was a regular Sim with a set of wings strapped to her back. A little digging in my screenshot folder tells me this was February-March 2013. That's it for me and supernaturals.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Speaking of that, surely there's a "no curfew" mod somewhere? I for one do not feel like having my teens live in a fascist state.
Thank you.

Yeah it is a little weird, psychic police tracking the kids down. Perhaps there's some sort of tracking implant in the kids brain.
That wouldn't be necessary in Sunset Valley. The town isn't big. If anything at all happens (especially in the evening), I guess word gets around pretty easily.