Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 9:55 PM Last edited by darkhorus : 7th Aug 2017 at 1:17 AM.
Default Default replacement object to stand-alone conversion
So, say I have this CC dining chair, as a default replacement/override of an existing Maxis chair (let's say the original chair's square back was changed to a round back), with all original color swatches kept + a few new/extra colors added to it.

Now, if I wanted to still be able to use the original Maxis chair as well, how would I go about turning the custom chair into its own, stand-alone object that could be used alongside the Maxis one as opposed to replacing it (so it appears as a separate entry in the catalog)? And would the original color swatches of the Maxis chair be carried over to the custom chair in the process, or only the new swatches that were added? Perhaps a certain value must be modified for each color swatch of the item that you want to carry over to the new catalog entry?

(I hope it's as simple as changing a certain parameter, or changing the value of a certain field, in the package, through s4pe or something)

Thanks in advance!