Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2024 at 8:00 PM
Default Sharing sims for the first time -- want to make sure I'm adhering to etiquette!
Hello -- doing a 100 Baby Challenge and wanted to upload and share the resulting kids as they're very pretty and would be great to have populating your neighbourhood!

I only have a handful of cc -- default replacement hair by MaryJaneSims, replacement skin/eye textures, and custom patterns, and for a lot of these I have the whole catalogue downloaded. Am I okay to upload to MTS/SFS with my sims still using these replacements, and advise if they want the same as the screenshot, follow the links to the creators, or would I have to remove all the cc somehow? As I understand it, if the person on the other end doesn't have the same default replacements installed, the game swaps it out for something else, so I don't think it'd be uploading with someone else's cc included?

Hope that makes sense -- please let me know if there's a better way to do this!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th May 2024 at 9:47 PM
Hi, if you click Upload>Creator Guidelines in the menu at the top of the page, you'll find details about this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2024 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi, if you click Upload>Creator Guidelines in the menu at the top of the page, you'll find details about this.

Thank you for this! So if I'm reading correctly, it's just the skin that needs to be removed if it's a custom one?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th May 2024 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by the_spirit_realm
Thank you for this! So if I'm reading correctly, it's just the skin that needs to be removed if it's a custom one?

Sorry @the_spirit_realm I missed your second question! Yes I think so, but you'd really be better to ask one of the queue mods about this, as they are trained to know the requirements. If you upload then the item will be sent to the queue, and the mods will look at it and advise.