Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 12:22 AM Last edited by thisfatfunnylife : 13th Feb 2019 at 11:55 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [canceled]- I give up- LOT DOWNLOAD: House of Fallen Trees
I hope this is in the right place and not Where Can I Find!

So this morning I saw this wonderful revamp of Vimpse's House of Fallen Tree's and I really want to put it in my game. It would just be perfect for this story scenario I'm working on. Anyway.. I downloaded it and used Clean Installer but I was having the usual tons of blue flashing. So I went through each link Vimpse provided and downloaded each of the files and installed them. I got it to the point where I have very minimal blue flashing and I *think* (she uses the word think hesitantly) I have the problem narrowed down but I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask here as I can't figure out the *why* or *how* to fix it.

Here's what I know for sure works:
Additional AL/M&G Roof Pieces by julsfels
Old World Windows And Doors by MsBarrows
Interior doors from Thorpe Build by Veranka
Exterior brick wall from LifeStories by Argon
Old Mill exterior ivy by Veranka
Staircase animated ladder by marvine
Porch fences from the Rejal set by Murano
Garden fence from DonationSet3 by HolySimoly (booty)
Path fence from the Erica set by Spaik

What I think it might be is: Rocks in the garden from Castaway by meetme2theriver. I downloaded Part 1, Part 2 and the updated bundle. I even learned what Scriptorium is and how to use that! (well kind of, enough to get it working). I was wondering if I'm placing the build/buy mode stuff in the correct folder(s) because of where "You can put the Build/Buy stuff in your Bins folder" except I'm not sure what that is. Right now they are all just under my downloads folder (well Build>LiveJouranl>MeetMeToTheRiver>and then the listed folders meetmetotheriver provides.

Here's what the house looks like in my game so far House
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 12:41 AM
You would do best by contacting the creator since they will have a better idea then us of what they used. Looks to be rocks and plants.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 2:05 AM
They look like trees to me.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 2:16 AM
Yeah, there are flowers missing from the garden (which is why there are statues there instead) and something is missing in front of the mailbox. I don't know if that would be a mailbox shelf, a rock or what - I didn't download the house to see what's included and I really don't intend to. (I haz stuffs to make and it won't wait.. it's getting impatient just waiting for me to type this.. but even MLC's are allowed coffee tea breaks dangit!)

As for the bins? If you put those packages in your downloads folder, they'll still show up in game. They'll just have the cc star. I recommend putting the files in the bins folder as that will remove the cc star. That folder is located in Program Files>EA GAMES]>LatestEP>TSData>Res>Catalog>Bins. (LatestEP, ex.. Mansions and Gardens is where I'd put the file since it's considered an EP.) I really hope that makes sense!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 10:23 AM
I recognize the mailbox from when I accidentally left it out of my own Downloads folder. You need either Windkeeper's mailbox cover or Pescado's hacked version of it. Both add a shelf to put the mail on which was apparently cloned from the coffee table in your screenshot. Pescado's version allows only mail (no newspapers, coffee cups, etc.) I use Pescado's version, so I'll give you that link.

Look for windkeeperian.zip here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...php?dir=meta%2F
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#6 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 11:35 AM
Good God that Sims2Pack is full of excess crap. Did you install everything from it? I'm guessing no since your missing a couple of items in the s2p that are missing on your lot.

Grass by Gelyhd, trees by gwenke available at s2a, miasmata grass by ohbahave, shrubs by honeywell available either here or tumblr
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 12:12 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 9th Feb 2019 at 12:48 PM.
The above post is the reason I usually don't download and install lots. 99% of the time the Sims2Pack hasn't been cleaned and there's all kinds of stuff that isn't even needed for the lot to show properly.

I mean, ok, cool. Pixelhate's poster was used and you used one of the graffiti recolors - the other 1,000 recolors you have DO NOT need to be included. Same with mailbox recolors, modular stair recolors...
And that's not even mentioning meshes and recolors that might not get included for whatever reason. *sigh*

That's not to say that I never download lots, I do. But it's almost always because there is something in it that either can't be downloaded anymore (because the Graveyard is down, it's not in the booty, it can't be downloaded through the Wayback Machine) and I want it. I've found some old favorites that way. I just keep what I want out of it and put the packages in a temporary folder until I can go through them to make sure everything is really there!

EDIT: After reading Jo's post below this one - I'm talking about lots that aren't on MTS. For the most part (there have been a couple that I've seen) they're clean and nothing extra got included.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 12:28 PM
Yikes, after reading that I had to go download it and look. If I were you I would go over that carefully before installing in your main hood -although my guess is you already have.

Lot's from MTS have to be cleaned of junk.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Feb 2019 at 11:11 PM
Oh wow there are a lot of replies! Ok *read over each one carefully*

- lol MLC Yes, you definitely deserve a break!
-RoxEllen I will totally try windkeeperian.zip
- Huge Lunatic …. which stuff pack? Do you mean MeetMeToTheRiver one? or the MATU Argon link? I put everything from MMTTR in my downloads folder but not everything from Argon because I didn't really want the expresso maker, bar, Fertility bed, etc at this time. I just wanted the Exterior brick wall. Or is it another stuff pack that I'm overlooking???
Jo I kept a backup of the neighborhood incase of emergencies

I might just delete the things that are flashing Or try to rebuild the house as it is from scratch... idk... I really want to move Cassandra and Don in here lol. Especially now that Don is a vampire and is totally embracing the vampire life. Plus I'm running out of room for all the children running around that Cassandra keeps insisting on having lol I look at this house and I see... ROOM!!!! lol!!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thisfatfunnylife
-RoxEllen I will totally try windkeeperian.zip

Before I forget again, here are some recolors for it so you don't have to have the same brown and white mailbox cover on every lot.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/607593...lbox-cover.html
http://www.modthesims.info/d/566206...-recolours.html

Quote: Originally posted by thisfatfunnylife
- Huge Lunatic …. which stuff pack? Do you mean MeetMeToTheRiver one? or the MATU Argon link? I put everything from MMTTR in my downloads folder but not everything from Argon because I didn't really want the expresso maker, bar, Fertility bed, etc at this time. I just wanted the Exterior brick wall. Or is it another stuff pack that I'm overlooking???

Huge Lunatic was referring to the Sims2Pack file that the house was packed in, not a stuff pack or neighborhood template. I haven't looked at the file myself, but it sounds as if it included a lot of CC that may not even have been used in the lot. HL did list several plants that appear to be missing from your landscaping. If you have trouble finding any of them, let us know.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 12:47 AM
Flashing blue often means an item is part of a set with a master file. So, for example, that item could be a chair or a mirror or anything designated as the Master file. Without the master, every item in the set will flash blue. Master sets should always be linked to, not included in lot files.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 9:07 AM
I finally got around to looking at that Sims2Pack file and can see what Huge Lunatic meant. There is a LOT of stuff in there, including that missing mailbox cover with the shelf that I mentioned before, along with at least ten recolors for it. I think you may have not installed all the CC when you installed the lot and that is why you have things flashing blue or replaced with statues. All those daisies should also be other garden plants - there are masses of flowerbeds and shrubs and stuff in here.

Be careful though - there's also a mailbox in here and I'm not sure whether that's okay or not. It might just be a buyable one, but it could also be something else.

There are also what look like at least a couple of dozen skies in here (apparently various recolors of Ja's buyable sky). Nice stuff, but what's it doing packaged with a lot?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#13 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 6:41 PM
Those mailbox's are full clones. The issue will be a difference in subset names from base to M&G where EA changed things. This will cause issues with recolors. IMO, I think the buyable one by sophie david is safer.