Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 3:08 AM Last edited by alterno : 28th Jan 2019 at 11:19 AM.
Default Sims in my game use the 2nd face template when I put the sim/object detail setting on low
Sorry if this is the wrong category, but as the title says whenever I set sim/object detail on low the game gives my sims the 2nd face template and not their original facial structure. However, only a couple sims have this quirk as I noticed one of my families still keeps their facial structure when the s/o detail is on low while a couple in my other one don't. I use default replacement templates but I tried taking them out and it didn't fix it. I need to use s/o detail on low so my game runs smoothly but I also want to see if there's a way that this can be fixed so my sims aren't just carbon copies of the 2nd face template.

edit: added pictures of one of the sims to show what I mean, left is s/o detail on low and right is s/o detail on high (notice how on the right one he has elf ears but on the left one he has normal ears)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 3:42 AM
Sounds like your computer is having a hard time running the game, what are your specs?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 5:46 AM
Intel celeron is a low-end brand. 1.6ghz is not good enough to run the game, or maybe just base game on low settings. Your hardware can't cope with the demands of the game on higher settings and you will be burning it out trying. I would play with all settings on low and shadows and reflections off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 6:46 AM
I believe 1.8 GHz is the lowest it should be played on.

edit: here https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Minimum_requirements
CPU: 1.8 GHz (2.4 GHz for Vista and above)

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 12:22 PM
I think so. I don't think it's a bug, it's your computer is having trouble running the game and this is a sign of it. It shows up when you lower those settings because you freed it up some juice as it were. I would worry you might be wearing out your graphics card. I would try turning off shadows, reflections, turn hood view and deco off, fade distance low. You probably have smooth edges greyed out already. See if turning all those off or down helps any.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 1:09 PM
I have intel celeron too and processor 1.6ghz and 4GB of RAM and i don't have any problems with the game and i have high settings and game looks very HD and i don't have lag, just everything is perfect fine and also, i have 4GB Patch with Graphics Rules.

Have you used 4GB Patch ?
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 3:19 PM
That is exactly what the low level meshes (LOD15, LOD30 etc.) are for, they are used in low sim/object detail settings. When the low level meshes don't exist as in all custom meshes the game makes them on the fly with some awful results.
Before uploading an update to A&N I always test on an old Windows XP, Pentium 3 computer. It runs at 733Mhz with 512mb ram and an old 32mb NVidia graphic card. It has all EPs and SPs (including the new Store Edition at the moment), I run it at 1280x800 with texture and sim/object detail settings at max but everything else low and although slow to load it copes with no problems. I figure if A&N will still run on that old girl then it should be OK for others regardless of their computer.
Scholar
#8 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 5:35 PM
It was (not directly) pointed in the right direction - it seems that the game have memory problem. More memory+LAA ("4GB patch") should do the trick.

boring stuff below

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"