Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 7:31 PM
Default So I'm contemplating on making my own Mod...
Hello everyone!

I primarily log onto this site to download Mods for both The Sims 3 and 4, but I've been contemplating on making a Mod and some Custom Content!
Though I'm an absolute novice in programming and I'm not too skilled in Digital Design.
So I was wondering if any of you happen to know of any good programs and techniques or can recommend some decent software that can help me get started.

I was thinking about making a Mod that allows you to select Vampire and Alien eyes to your regular Sims in The Sims 4.

As for the Custom Content, I noticed there aren't any Science Themed Objects from The Sims 4 that I can download into The Sims 3. So I'm planning on making custom content that grabs the Science Themed Objects from The Sims 4 and places them into The Sims 3. The industrial set dressing technology, the Chemistry Station, the Reinforced Facility Door, the Test Tube Pedestal, even the Insane Scientist's Glasses.
I would like to implement all of those into my Sims 3 and have others be allowed to do so as well.
Plus, I was thinking about adding some pretty neat facial hair and a Court Jester's Hat into The Sims 4.

Plus, my apologies if this has already been asked before. I may have been here for a while, but I'm still a bit new here.

So what do you think? Do you like these ideas? Are there any programs/software you would recommend to me? Any advice to give about Modding and Content Creating?

Thank you for reading my post.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 7:41 PM
I would suggest to start here:
Sims 4:Moddingwiki
More links if you click on 'Create' on the menu at the top of the page.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 10:45 PM
Nice. Thank you, Simsample.