Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 2:35 PM
Default Gate in Fence
I created some fences for my new set, they do work fine in the game, but I cannot place a gate in it, do I have to do something to make that work?

And I want to create a pergola, but I cannot find the one in the game in the object workshop, why is that?
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 3:32 PM
Does your new gate mesh have the post parts, too? Posts are required for gate placement.

What do you mean by a pergola?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 4:03 PM
No I didn't create a gate myself but the original sims gates don't fit in my fences

And I mean this by a pergola (I thought it was english but it seems to be not)
Screenshots
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 4:33 PM
Sorry, I meant does your new FENCE mesh have posts?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 6:04 PM
I solved the gate problem, but I still want to know where that "pergola" is in the object workshop, because you can walk throught it and you cannot walk throught a fence and I want something you can walk throught.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 11:06 PM
I'm not sure as I've never used that in game, but if Sims can walk through it it is most likely a connecting column and not a fence

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 6:37 PM Last edited by TimSimser : 29th Jun 2007 at 6:04 PM.
I'ts the last one of the fences, it isn't a connecting column.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 6:05 PM
And I did create a gate now, but and it works fine as a gate but it doesn't move when someone walks throught it, so it looks very weird, should I do something special with a gate to make it move as a gate (I just replaced the gate mesh and the texture)
Part-time Hermit
#9 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 7:04 PM
With gates (unlike doors) you need to do a special step to retain the animations. You can either use the Mesh Tool, which you will find tutorials for in the tutorial section (no tutorial for a gate specifically, but it should work the same), or you can one use of two Milkshape methods: the UniMesh plugin by wes, or the text method, the latter of which I've never tried myself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 7:02 PM
I tried the mesh tool with an armoire and I succeed, but when I tried it with the gate I got this error ( I don't know how much parts I have to create to)
Screenshots