Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 4:04 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 6th Mar 2009 at 8:42 AM.
Default Aspiration/Mood Object Modding*Aspiration Issue* BHAV's!
Ok, so I can’t manage to figure out to get the desired actions applied to an object I’m creating.

I have cloned the "Bowl of Plastic Fruit" and have added behaviors, pie functions and strings to make the object raise or lower a sim/s aspirations and/or moods. I keep fiddling with it, but in the game, the strings don’t show up and the object is just a basic bowl of fruit with the "view" option. I don’t understand why it even has the view option because I got rid of it?

I’m lost and confused...and this is the first time I have messed with this kind of stuff. I’m a noob in this aspect.

I have attached the package file to see if anyone can fix it. It might be such a mess that I will have to start over?!

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 4:53 AM
Try setting your "Pie Menu Functions" and "Pie Menu Strings" to the same instance number.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 5:00 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 5th Mar 2009 at 5:22 AM.
Im such a noob, I dont even know how to do that?

Im trying to learn this stuff, but I get easily confused.

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 5:09 AM
You're being pretty ambitious, then!
You see how each resource has a Group, Instance(High) and Instance number listed after it?
If If you select a resource and go to window->resource information, it brings up a screen with these listed in the plug-in view. Change the Instance number and click "commit." All those "unknowns" in your pie menu functions should now match your strings.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 5:25 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 5th Mar 2009 at 6:24 AM.
I figured out how to do it...so im going to test it in the game now.

But is that the fix? How easy!

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 6:24 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 5th Mar 2009 at 10:26 AM.
Apparently not. I tested it, and it still wont work?

EDIT: Heres what I changed it all too, and what im trying to do.

1. Make a function that maximizes all the aspirations of the sims on the lot to platinum.

2. Maximizes all needs for all sims on the lot.

I know these objects already exist, but I want to accomplish my own. lol

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 8:55 AM
Looking at the "Trying again" version, I can see three different TTABs, and two TTAs files in this package. That's unusual! Did you import all of these?

In this case the only ones actually being used are the ones with the instance ID of 0x01. (You can check which one is being used by looking for the "Interaction Table ID" in the OBJD). You can delete the other, unused TTABs and TTASs.

That will also explain why you're still getting a "View" option - in the TTAB with the instance 0x01, the "view" interaction is alive and well.

I'm assuming that the interactions you have created are the ones labelled "Share Discovery Story With..."? If so, then the problem with these is that both the guard and action lines are pointing to "[invalid BHAV]", which means that SimPE can't find the function you're trying to run. It seems to me that the reason for that is that:
a) You're pointing to functions in the 0x2*** range - these are semi-globals, and no such semi-globals exist for objects in the PaintingGlobals Group, and
b) You have no custom local BHAVs in the package to point to in any case.

Your "Original one" is much closer to a working package. However, you've still got the wrong instances on the TTAB and TTAS (like I said above, they should be 0x01), and they're still pointing to non-existant BHAVs. If you want a pie menu option to run a particular BHAV, then the "action" field should have the instance number of that BHAV. If you don't want a guard function, it should be set to 0.

A heads up though - while Merola's code may seem like a good starting point, it's actually a good deal more complicated than it may appear, and is not well suited for beginning modders. It works by building up a dynamic menu in the guard, then loading the sim targets from temps. It's the sort of thing that I have to look up every time I try and do it, because it can be quite confusing. You've only copied in a portion of her code, and as such even if you correctly point all the functions to all the right places, the BHAVs you've imported won't do what you think they will. They probably won't actually do anything at all.

My recommendation is to go through the "First Custom Interaction" tutorial, and actually do it exactly as listed. Once you've finished it, you'll have a better idea of what you're looking at and putting modded packages together (and writing your own mood-boosting functions instead of using someone else's ) shouldn't be as tricky! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Looking at the "Trying again" version, I can see three different TTABs, and two TTAs files in this package. That's unusual! Did you import all of these?

Those are what confused me. They imported in when I went to import semi globals?

My recommendation is to go through the "First Custom Interaction" tutorial, and actually do it exactly as listed. Once you've finished it, you'll have a better idea of what you're looking at and putting modded packages together (and writing your own mood-boosting functions instead of using someone else's ) shouldn't be as tricky! :D

Thats what the "Try again" one was. lol
It has a new GUID, imported semi globals, changed OBJD data, and a new description.

Also, I used Merolas as a base to see what she did. But if hers is more complicated, then Ill right my own.

All that was a little confusing, but I kinda got it?

EDIT: I actually didnt create the share dicovery thing? That imported with the semi global? That is so weird.

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 9:55 AM
Cool, let us know how you go!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 10:27 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 14th Mar 2009 at 1:13 AM.
Ugh I followed everything in the tutorial, and it still just has the "view" option and nothing else!

I have attached the package.

PS: Im not a lazy cheater! Thats just the name of the object.

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#11 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 10:54 AM
- You've got two things pointing at string "Raise Needs", and one of them is pointing at invalid BHAVs. I've removed the spare one, and a few others which were missing strings.
- You've got two very bizarre commands at the end of your BHAV (set flags and set catagory), which I'm guessing were left over from whichever bhav you cloned to get the new one. I've removed these
- Your BHAV has "My motive ... > Literal 0x0064", but it should be "My motive ... := Literal 0x0064". I've changed these.

Try the attached version.
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: rar AA-I'm a Lazy Cheater! (Aspirations & Needs)_Modded.rar
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 11:36 AM
You've got two very bizarre commands at the end of your BHAV (set flags and set catagory), which I'm guessing were left over from whichever bhav you cloned to get the new one.

See, these are the wierd things that come along when I import the semi globals? Everything has way more than what the tutorial shows???

Other than that, THANK YOU! I'm going to test it in the game now to see how it works.

After that, I still want to add more BHAV's to it so I can make it fill all the sims on the lot aspirations. Im not exactly sure how to do that, but I figure it out. (Making a backup of course)

Ill post here if I cant figure it out.

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimArchitect
See, these are the wierd things that come along when I import the semi globals? Everything has way more than what the tutorial shows???

Well sort of... You're using a different base object. If you were cloning the painting, it would have had only one line, and you would have edited it. You're cloning a different object, so it's not going to be exactly the same.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 11:46 AM
Ohhh! Thats probably why! The crappy thing is that when I clone from a painting, it has to placed on a wall. (Unless you use moveobjects)

If theres a way to make it placeable without a wall, still using the painting, I would do it. ???

EDIT: It worked in the game! Now im going to try to make it raise aspirations.

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#15 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:17 PM
I didn't notice this mentioned in this thread, but one more thing you have to do to make sure you have the correct instance numbers for your TTAs and TTAB is to look in the OBJD and there is a field there that points to the TTAB number. You are allowed to change that instead of changing your TTAB instance number, but the TTAs number must match the TTAB number, whichever you decide.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 12:22 PM
Im having trouble with finding the aspiration filling BHAV?

I looked at some other packages that have done something simalar and they use Sub - Fill Aspiration For All, But I cant find that? I have looked all over and tryied to find an aspiration filling thingy. I even tried using the exact same values that were in another package, but that didnt work?

Thank you Inge. I didnt know that. Im so new to the BHAV's field! :\

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Field Researcher
#17 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 6:24 PM
Subs will show up in a tree as unknown BHAVs unless you have an instance of them in your package with the same group number. (I think)
Wiser folks can confirm/deny.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I didn't notice this mentioned in this thread, but one more thing you have to do to make sure you have the correct instance numbers for your TTAs and TTAB is to look in the OBJD and there is a field there that points to the TTAB number. You are allowed to change that instead of changing your TTAB instance number, but the TTAs number must match the TTAB number, whichever you decide.

/me points to post 7: "In this case the only ones [ttabs] actually being used are the ones with the instance ID of 0x01. (You can check which one is being used by looking for the "Interaction Table ID" in the OBJD). You can delete the other, unused TTABs and TTASs."

Quote: Originally posted by SimArchitect
I looked at some other packages that have done something simalar and they use Sub - Fill Aspiration For All, But I cant find that?

Which other packages are you looking at? If they're using a BHAV, then that bhav would either be:
- in that package
- in the semi-globals for that package, or
- in a global.
Since you can't find it, I doubt it's a global. So it'll probably be one of the first two.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 11:27 PM
I cant find it in the list of BHAV's in the package or in the semi globals?

Unless im confused? Im looking for a BHAV that contols the aspiration meter. I am looking at one of Meriolas packages and hers uses Sub - Fill Aspiration For All; but I cant seem to find that BHAV anywhere.

I think were on the same page here? Im a little confused

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#20 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 11:51 PM
Which Merola object are you using?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Mar 2009 at 11:55 PM
The ME_AspirationPainting

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=30695 or http://www.simchaotics.com/

Im not sure what she did, but I cant figure out how to do it?

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 3:27 AM Last edited by SimArchitect : 14th Mar 2009 at 1:13 AM.
I have posted pics of what Im talking about.

The one that says Unknown is mine after I extracted merolas and replaced mine, since I couldnt find The BHAV's.

The one with her name is what it should look like after I replace mine.???

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Slippery When Wet
#23 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:37 AM
The opcode says 0x100B, that's the instance of the BHAV that will be run.
As it's in the 1XXX (private) range, then you should find it in the same package file.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunaisafish
The opcode says 0x100B, that's the instance of the BHAV that will be run.
As it's in the 1XXX (private) range, then you should find it in the same package file.

Well see, the opcode says 0x100B in both packages (pics) but my version dosent show a "sub - fill aspiration for all"?

Also, I sound so stupid, but what do you mean by "find it in the same package file"?

~ ҉ SimArchitect ҉ ~
Slippery When Wet
#25 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 6:04 AM
When you open Merola's package file and look at the BHAV's there, one of them has an instance number of 0x0000100B. The group is 0xFFFFFFFF meaning it's a private object. So that BHAV is private to Merola's object.

Unless you made a new BHAV in your own file/object with that instance, then you are calling an undefined BHAV. You need to make your own private BHAV to do what you need, or instead add the nodes to your interaction BHAV. Merola only created a separate BHAV as it was the same code used by several of her others.

If this is all still sounding like Dutch to you (it did to me when I started and I'd been using other programming languages for a decade), then you should read some of the beginner tutorials here about simantics. The ones here are an excellent start.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=111469
Page 1 of 2