Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 4th Oct 2007 at 5:53 PM
can i just change the path my projects are saved in?? now it's C:/My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Projects (or something),, but i don't want it in there!!

can anybody help me please?? thank u...

When things don't go right, turn left ;)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 10:56 AM
I think you'll find that the default directory is the only place bodyshop will export to.

MEH
Test Subject
#153 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:38 AM
thanks!!
Test Subject
#154 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 9:23 AM
im so lost can anybody out there help me!!!!!!!!

mydownloads of items are a no show even though I have the required sims epansion or version and im just lost!!!!
Test Subject
#155 Old 5th Jan 2008 at 2:29 PM
Default can someone help me, please :(
i know this is probably a really simple thing, but i cant figure out how to do it? I have downloaded a number of hair styles for my sims, but they are sorted into the wrong catagories (i.e. hair that is clearly brown is in the black section). i think this may have been a deliberate choice by the maker, but i was wondering if there was any way i could reorganise the items so that they show in a way that make more sense for me? i know this might seem silly... im a bit if a neat freak and it wreaks my head that they are all messed up i hope some one knows how to do this ?
Test Subject
#156 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 8:06 PM
hi Lolo --- have you def got all the meshes that you need + unpacking the files in EA Games / The Sims 2 / Downloads?
Test Subject
#157 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 12:16 AM
I'm not sure if this is really a problem with Bodyshop itself or with my understanding of computers and keyboards... You see, I'm on a laptop and I'm using Bodyshop as it came with Bon Voyage. I am trying to recognize similar colored eyeshadows from one another, but the tool-tips have unfortunately 'vanished' after I took a screenshot with the PrtSc option on my keyboard. I had accidentally hit another key on my keyboard, but I wasn't paying attention to what I accidentally hit at the time. So, now I have no more tool-tips. I closed bodyshop and re-opened it, hoping that would fix this and it didn't T_T Can someone please shed some light on this for me? Thank you.

I dreamed I was missing... you were so scared, but no one would listen, 'cause no one else cared. After my dreaming, I woke with this fear. What am I leaving when I'm done here?
Test Subject
#158 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 8:54 AM
Crashing bodyshop
I just figured out how to use my bodyshop and when i tried to use the bodyshop it just crashed! I've tried backing up my games and i've tried deleting my expansion packs, I've also tried deleting all of my downloads and that was a HUGE waste of time! But I just cant seem to see whats wrong with it! Do you know what could have happened?
HELP!----> please
Test Subject
#159 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:00 AM
Default Zipped
Quote: Originally posted by LoLo_Kid
im so lost can anybody out there help me!!!!!!!!

mydownloads of items are a no show even though I have the required sims epansion or version and im just lost!!!!

..Maybe they are just zipped?I dont know Maybe..
Test Subject
#160 Old 29th May 2008 at 11:54 AM
Sorry if this sounds obvious but I can't find anything on this anywhere.

I've learnt how to re-colour Maxis things in BS, but I was wondering how you import or use a custom mesh? I have SimPE, but if I have to use another program, I'd rather not pay for it.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#161 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 2:42 AM
My body Shop doesnt work T.T

The Person That TELLS THE TRUTH!!
Test Subject
#162 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 2:42 AM
Sigh
My body Shop doesnt work T.T

The Person That TELLS THE TRUTH!!
Mad Poster
#163 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Janyx
Sorry if this sounds obvious but I can't find anything on this anywhere.

I've learnt how to re-colour Maxis things in BS, but I was wondering how you import or use a custom mesh? I have SimPE, but if I have to use another program, I'd rather not pay for it.

Thanks!

You can recolour custom meshes. All you need is Body Shop, the mesh, and one recolour of it. If those are installed in your game, they should show up in Body Shop, and then you just recolour it like you would a Maxis outfit. (It's always good to make sure you have permission, though, before you go ahead and spend a lot of time on it.)
Test Subject
#164 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 6:45 AM Last edited by Mini Wolfsbane : 6th Sep 2008 at 8:51 PM.
Okay, it's probably a really silly question but here it goes...

I downloaded these amazing dresses from here at MTS2, but I've ran out of
room in my formal section for them. I deleted the one dress I could bear to
delete from there that was CC. (I could delete more, but I like variety.)
Is there anyway to move the CC dresses I have now
to Undies or somewhere to make room for the new dresses?

Another thing is that I might not have the right meshes for the new dresses,
and that also might be the reason they aren't showing up. Except in bodyshop,
the slider is as small as it gets. I know when you don't have the mesh, the clothing
comes up as EA's clothing, so I think that's why this is probably just a space issue.

I think I found a hack for this, but I'm afraid to use it. I have all of one hack in my game, so I'm really not too big on hacks in general.
I'm wary of them.

If someone could help me with this, it'd be nice, but if not, that's okay.
Thanks!
Test Subject
#165 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 12:54 PM
Please help.....if you can
i want to export my work made in bodyshop, to share it with others , but i don't know how!!! i can do this??? please pm me
Test Subject
#166 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 4:59 PM
I wanted to make a recolour of a hat I had, I wanted to get rid of the long tail/ear things, I tried everything! But no matter what colour I made it (even transparent) all that happened was it just turned white, strangly they didn't turn up on the icon though . Help!
It's here: http://dsb.g.ribbon.to/downloads/accessory/accse.html

(Second one down, in the middle.)
Test Subject
#167 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 5:54 PM
Mini_Wolfsbane: I think I read somewhere that there isn't really a limit to how much CC you can have in you're game because most computers don't have enough space to support that much so you'd run out of room on your pc before you broke your game. However, it's a long time ago I read that so don't quote me on that. But wow, you must have a lot of CC o.o

Yes there's a way to move them: Open up bodyshop, export them and then click on the formal icon to deselect it and click on undies or whatever catagory you want them in and import them again, then delete the original. I don't know how useful that'd be though, because you'd then only be able to use them as undies, and any sims wearing them wouldn't display properly.

serediucr: Grab the files from your savedsims folder, take some pretty pictures and upload. I know most sites have some guidelines, so you'll want to read them first.

EvaMcNeva: Were you editing the texture, or the alpha? If it was the alpha, it probably did that because it's not and alpha editable mesh. So if you really wanted to remove the ears, you'd have to do that by editing the mesh, not just the alpha. I'm really no mesher though, so I'm afraid I can't give you much help there.
Test Subject
#168 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phlegm
Mini_Wolfsbane: I think I read somewhere that there isn't really a limit to how much CC you can have in you're game because most computers don't have enough space to support that much so you'd run out of room on your pc before you broke your game. However, it's a long time ago I read that so don't quote me on that. But wow, you must have a lot of CC o.o

Yes there's a way to move them: Open up bodyshop, export them and then click on the formal icon to deselect it and click on undies or whatever catagory you want them in and import them again, then delete the original. I don't know how useful that'd be though, because you'd then only be able to use them as undies, and any sims wearing them wouldn't display properly.

serediucr: Grab the files from your savedsims folder, take some pretty pictures and upload. I know most sites have some guidelines, so you'll want to read them first.

EvaMcNeva: Were you editing the texture, or the alpha? If it was the alpha, it probably did that because it's not and alpha editable mesh. So if you really wanted to remove the ears, you'd have to do that by editing the mesh, not just the alpha. I'm really no mesher though, so I'm afraid I can't give you much help there.

Thanks any way. =]
Test Subject
#169 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 2:55 PM
just a quick possibly noob question.

the sims 2 bodyshop, can it be run in full screen at 1680x1050?

i used the alt + enter and it does full screen it, but its horribly stretched. but because the native res of the monitor is 1680x1050 the windowed mode of it is really small and its differcult to see well.

if not then im just gonna have to boot up thesims2 and use ingame CAS.

thanks in advance
Test Subject
#170 Old 12th May 2009 at 11:42 AM
I cant open up the body shop, can anyone help?! It's the one which came with the game by the way. Im a late collecter I know, all i have at the moment is Double Duelux and seasons, if that helps...
Test Subject
#171 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:48 PM
Hmm..It's actually kinda sad,I use paint {and of course bodyshop} to make my sims clothes. I don't have photoshop..But anyway,I can make clothes..{Like i add pictures onto my clothes} But i don't know how to color the clothes..Am i doing something wrong or something?
Test Subject
#172 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:14 PM
BethSav: Are you sure you're using the latest version of it? It'll be the one that came with seasons (Start/All Programs/EA Games/The Sims 2 Seasons/Bodyshop) rahter than an earlier version.

MrsMalakian: Changing the colours of clothes can't really be done in Paint. Paint really isn't good enough for recolouring. GIMP and Paint.NET are both free (google them) and I belive there's some GIMP specific tutorials. Once you know how to use either program well, you can look at Photoshop tutorials and translate them over to your program. However, I find Photoshop to be the best and easiest to use - you can pick up an older version (I'm still using 7.0 and that's fine) quite cheaply, get a free trial, or pick up a copy of Photoshop Elements which is a more simple version that's a lot cheaper. Paint Shop Pro might also have trials and such available, but I'm not sure.
Test Subject
#173 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 1:47 AM
Hello, Can someone tell me how to take screenshots in Sims BodyShop??
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by manu-chan
Hello, Can someone tell me how to take screenshots in Sims BodyShop??

Use the print screen button on your keyboard, that will copy the picture. then, open the paint program on your pc, choose edit and paste. Your bodyShop picture will show up, then just save whereever you want it.

All my creations are free to use, no permission required. Make any changes that you want, as long as you don't upload it as your own work. Please visit us at http://TheIsleofCatarinaSims.com .We are former members of SapphireSims2, and have creations for Sims 2,3,and 4.
Test Subject
#175 Old 16th May 2010 at 4:35 AM
This may be an entirely idiotic question, but here goes...
I play sims on a laptop, and most of my 'f' keys already have uses (F3 brings up a battery meter, f4 and f5 adjust the screen brightness, etc.). Is there any way to still use these keys in bodyshop? (I've tried holding down alt, ctrl, alt+ctrl, nothing's worked so far :/)

Thank you!

'I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.' -Oscar Wilde
Please...call me Natalie
Page 7 of 8